Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JASpencer wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
My Air Relax, the new dark-blue-gray unit is relatively new.

Thomas, can you measure the length (height?) of yours? At 6' the orange boots are as short as I'd want to go. Just curious.

Where do you want measurements from. The tip of the toes to the top? The back of the foot to the top? I will do this when I get home and find the tape measure (just moved).

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JASpencer wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
My Air Relax, the new dark-blue-gray unit is relatively new.

Thomas, can you measure the length (height?) of yours? At 6' the orange boots are as short as I'd want to go. Just curious.

So the boots slope front to back, a little longer in front than back. Measuring from the back of the heel to the top is 30 inches, measuring from the front of the bottom of the foot to the front of the top measures 38 inches.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kdw wrote:
"Could you please link us to that research you have seen. "

I'm not sure exactly what research I'd seen back when I made the post, but a quick google:

http://journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Abstract/2016/02000/Vascular_Occlusion_and_Sequential_Compression_for.30.aspx

That isn't a good study with respect to endurance exercise recovery.

If you burn out your muscles doing the exercises listed in that study I don't think even drugs would have an appreciable difference in 1 hour, 24 hours or even 48 hours for that matter.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [mcmetal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just received the Air Relax system yesterday, they are pretty sweet and for the price the can't be beat. Boots seem pretty durable, time will tell how well they hold up.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas,
Have you clicked on your air-relax link lately? Gives me an error instead of going to their site. Wondering if it works OK for you?
Kevin

http://www.air-relax.com/shop-air-relax

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [ironmanatee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmanatee wrote:
Thomas,
Have you clicked on your air-relax link lately? Gives me an error instead of going to their site. Wondering if it works OK for you?
Kevin

Lol, great. Was working fine yesterday. Hope it's just a tech prob and they didn't stop selling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info and the discount. Had the boots for 3 weeks, no serious complaints. At first it was annoying to keep turning them on after they auto shutdown, but I got used to it. Still think they could do something else (stop and alert? just pause?) instead of switching off the power, but I can deal with that given the savings. They advertise that the boots shut down after 15 mins - mine go more like 13-14, but again, not a huge deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [friskyDingo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
friskyDingo wrote:
Thanks for the info and the discount. Had the boots for 3 weeks, no serious complaints. At first it was annoying to keep turning them on after they auto shutdown, but I got used to it. Still think they could do something else (stop and alert? just pause?) instead of switching off the power, but I can deal with that given the savings. They advertise that the boots shut down after 15 mins - mine go more like 13-14, but again, not a huge deal.

Yeah, I am not sure if the 15 mins might be a requirement or something for that particular medical device stamp

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmanatee wrote:
Thomas,
Kevin

Not working for me either. Not sure what is going on. I know they were at Interbike and are looking to expand and might be working on a new website. They are just the NA distributor and do a lot else besides just Air Relax. It is the same seller that is on Amazon. I can follow up with them and see what it is up though. Hopefully just a temporary glitch.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, it worked early in the day but not last evening. I did notice that on Amazon they raised their price from $399 to $417 by the evening too. Interesting to say the least. Thanks.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [mad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any comparison with just elevating your legs up on a wall? I've been told by multiple people that elevating your legs and letting the blood flow back down has nearly the same effects. I understand that with boots you can sit on the couch or wherever and relax instead of your back on the floor. But I was wondering if anyone has done one then switched to the other and noticed a difference.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [tcaldwell369] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd say the biggest difference is the massage like effect it gives. I can't say that from a physiological perspective that it does more or is better than just raising your legs, but my legs do feel better than if I just raised them or did nothing. Best way to describe the sensation of these things, is it feels like a blood pressure cuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tcaldwell369 wrote:
Does anyone have any comparison with just elevating your legs up on a wall? I've been told by multiple people that elevating your legs and letting the blood flow back down has nearly the same effects. I understand that with boots you can sit on the couch or wherever and relax instead of your back on the floor. But I was wondering if anyone has done one then switched to the other and noticed a difference.

I am all for elevating the legs up a wall (I am a huge yogi) or using compression socks. Elevating the legs might have some effect as well but it is probably much less effective than the boots. The boots are actively using higher pressures to force the blood and fluids around, that just isn't going to happen as effectively without actively squeezing. I should try using the boots sometime and standing up side down though just to see what happens.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also, any comparison of this vs E-Stim? I've heard a lot of people feel that is more effective than the boots, but I was wondering if there have been any studies?

tcaldwell369 wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmanatee wrote:
Thomas,
Kevin

Kevin,

So I sent them an email this morning and they did let me know that their IT department was working on something and the regular site will be down for a few days. They gave me another address to use, no idea if they are moving everything of to this permanently or what as I didn't ask.

http://www.airrelaxrecovery.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In mine right now. Had them about 3 months. Average probably an hour a day and still loving them.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Thomas.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had mine for about two weeks now, like them but not sure how big of a difference they make. Definitely wouldn't splurge on NormaTecs but these may be worth it. Sitting in them right now for a few minutes with Great Floridian 140.6 in about 2 hours. If it goes poorly ill blame the boots ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [msaad7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
msaad7 wrote:
Had mine for about two weeks now, like them but not sure how big of a difference they make. Definitely wouldn't splurge on NormaTecs but these may be worth it. Sitting in them right now for a few minutes with Great Floridian 140.6 in about 2 hours. If it goes poorly ill blame the boots ;)

You were up quite early using the boots before the race. I hope the race is going well, I am looking outside my window in Clermont and I see a breeze and not a cloud in the sky - should be a challenging day.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was a beautiful day for lounging by the lake but definitely tough conditions for a full. Water temp was perfect but surface was super super choppy in all three directions and the sun made sighting really tough the first stretch all three loops. Bike course was no joke, hills galore!! Run course was 3 loops along lake Minneola which got to be utterly boring, not to mention the HEAT! Still a bit new to the distance with this being my second 140.6 but overall it went pretty well (despite a crash on the bike thanks to a police officer sitting in his car talking on the phone as opposed to directing traffic). Finished fourth overall and never had any GI issues which is great. Thanks for the Air Relax promo code, i'll give them (and you) some of the credit for the successful race ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [msaad7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
msaad7 wrote:
It was a beautiful day for lounging by the lake but definitely tough conditions for a full. Water temp was perfect but surface was super super choppy in all three directions and the sun made sighting really tough the first stretch all three loops. Bike course was no joke, hills galore!! Run course was 3 loops along lake Minneola which got to be utterly boring, not to mention the HEAT! Still a bit new to the distance with this being my second 140.6 but overall it went pretty well (despite a crash on the bike thanks to a police officer sitting in his car talking on the phone as opposed to directing traffic). Finished fourth overall and never had any GI issues which is great. Thanks for the Air Relax promo code, i'll give them (and you) some of the credit for the successful race ;)

Congrats on the finish!!! Saturday, was actually the first cool day since I have been back in Florida. Could have been way worse in regards to heat + humidity, but it did seem to be a bit windy so that probably really helped slow things back down.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone used their Air Relax boots by running them on an inverter in a car?

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
Has anyone used their Air Relax boots by running them on an inverter in a car?

I have not. I need to buy a kill-a-watt power meter and see how much power they draw. I can't imagine it is that much but who knows. The Pulse battery life is a little disappointing and sometimes only last 45 mins so maybe it is more draw than I think.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Decided to check out the website again through your link Thomas, but the deal they were offering for Black Friday was slightly better. $50 off, so it was $350 shipped.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [thomasmn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thomasmn wrote:
Decided to check out the website again through your link Thomas, but the deal they were offering for Black Friday was slightly better. $50 off, so it was $350 shipped.

Yep it is a few dollars cheaper. Depending on the price, the code in the link takes it down to about $352. Enjoy the boots :)

Quote Reply

Prev Next