Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [jose1984] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a standard SC part...must be DIY jobs or custom setups by our Race Shop.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Carl, any advise where to get this?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [jose1984] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No...because I don't know what they're using. Those aren't terribly aero customizations either...sitting crosswise to the wind like that. Unless you're at the top of the stock spacer stack and on the tallest stem already, something like these shouldn't be necessary.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm replying to Carl, but if anyone can answer that would be great. I've got a good friend wanting to jump into Tri next year and he is a HUGE Trek fan. He wants an SC but would rather get a used one since he's not sure he'll stick with more than 1-2 Olys a year. I offered to help find him a Gen2 7.5 or 9 if the price is right. His Retul pad stack is 610mm (I'm thinking he'll go lower eventually) and reach is 465mm to the center of the pads. What would be the best frame size/stem combo for me to start looking for?

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [A.Hart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
medium, low-far stem

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone (or Carl) happen to have a complete list of sizes / amounts, to replace all the bolts on a gen1 SC9??
Stripping my frame down for a repaint, new bearings for BB and headset, and would like to replace all the rusted screws..

Specifically, all the bolts in the handlebars, and the two brake covers.

Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
all single qty except as noted, most are stainless steel or otherwise anti-corrosion coated, from your Trek dealer:

W302605 (2) front brake cover bolts
W311089 rear brake cover forward bolt
W311088 (2) rear brake cover aft bolts
420693 (2) handlebar bolt kit (all spacer bolts, clamp bolts, pad holder bolts)
W308011 stem pinch bolt
W308012 front stem forward bolt
W309908 (2) front stem rear bolts
W308017 bar-stem bolt kit

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, as I'm sure this has already been posted somewhere in this monster thread...

Can someone please post the link for the "SC Di2 installation manual" that apparently exists?

Thanks,

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
all single qty except as noted, most are stainless steel or otherwise anti-corrosion coated, from your Trek dealer:

W308011 stem pinch bolt

Thx Carl!! My local trek dealer is ordering for me. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:

W308011 stem pinch bolt

Carl could you post the same for 2014 gen 2 SC9?
Is there anyaway you could post actual sizes of those bolts including seat bolts etc.
Yesterday I replaced two stripped wing pad bolts with Ti and saved 100% weight from 8g to 4g, I think I could save over 50g or more replacing them with Ti.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [sebo2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On the gen2 bike most of these are included in a couple kits...which also include a few other small parts.

437027 covers theverything handlebar
437032 covers the frame
439012 is the seatpost clamp and bolts

On the spec info for all of those, too many warranty & safety concerns for me, sorry: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6061288#p6061288

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [WiScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there used to be a public link, which has since been disabled (I was hosting it myself and had to pull it down in light of come policy changes). your Trek dealer can still access the manual and perhaps print one out for you. one thing to note: the only version of this manual which exists is for the original DA Di2...but the basics of how to run the wires are really no different for the current eTube Di2:

-run shift wires through the extensions and bullhorns back to where they'll meet the 5-port box on top of the stem
-run wires from the derailleur and battery points down to the BB where they meet the 4-port box (leave battery unplugged until the very end)
-run long wire in the DT from 5-port to 4-port box
-make all connections and do a quick function check with all shifters to make sure your electrical connections are solid...then unplug battery again

do all the above before running any brake lines or installing BB, etc. once all those connections are made and you do a function check, you can install everything else.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YIKES!!! Just got back from my local Trek dealer looking at a Project One Speed Concept build and was told that prices increased, since my fit with them in May? How do prices increase on a bike that is now several years old?
Last edited by: sharkbaitguy: Oct 15, 16 12:14
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl -

How long can I expect to be able to acquire gen 1 parts?

I.e. Due to riding the trainer I have issues with stem corrosion, and just replaced mine with a "spare". When will that or say replacing a damaged basebar, no longer be an option?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hard to say with any sort of certainty...but generally speaking (and only from my own experience), frames tend to stop being available long before service parts do. There are some service parts that are still in inventory which go back well over a decade.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sentania wrote:
Carl -

How long can I expect to be able to acquire gen 1 parts?

I.e. Due to riding the trainer I have issues with stem corrosion, and just replaced mine with a "spare". When will that or say replacing a damaged basebar, no longer be an option?

I have a couple parts I robbed off my Gen 1 before I turned it in on a crash replacement if you get desperate. A really beefy rear der. hanger I aquired in Kona, the seat post pinch bolt, and TON on stems too. I might have kept the rear brake cove too.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good to know.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried using a 30mm crankset with a SC by using 30mm x 37mm x 4mm bearings? Obviously the width would need spacing, but that's easy enough to do. I'm thinking there must be a reason why nobody is selling a kit to fit a 30mm crankset to BB90 using those bearings.......
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Steve Irwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
because

ETA: there is also the issue of the inner flange where the BB spindle sleeve mounts...which is just barely over 30mm dia.

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: Oct 17, 16 10:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To those who use a Garmin Edge 810 or similar, how do you mount yours? I have a 2015 SC 7.5. Nothing really round to attach it to.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [jareed58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jareed58 wrote:
To those who use a Garmin Edge 810 or similar, how do you mount yours? I have a 2015 SC 7.5. Nothing really round to attach it to.

isn't this specifically for that?

http://www.trekbicyclesuperstore.com/product/bontrager-speed-concept-mono-extension-mount-242033-1.htm?variations=1582472&gclid=Cj0KEQjwnKzABRDy2pb7nPSazdsBEiQAI4lZQCwRCJIIeN5AIKZBeb3-14upMDz8IYrPevtsRWLzdkMaApeZ8P8HAQ
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [clutchy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just use a little knub. I think profile design makes some. the one i use is exactly the same width as the extensions. You have to pry them apart slightly to slide it in. You can also get a bottle cage with an integrated mount. But I like my computer near my hands to easier viewing.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [bostonmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bostonmatt wrote:
Is the speed concept compatible with the tacx neo?

(I know tacx warns there's a chance that bikes with hidden aero brakes might not fit)

Thanks!
Matt

I did not see a reply to this.

Is anyone using a post-2014 Speed Concept with a tacx neo? I specifically wonder if there is an issue with the duotrap sensor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Carl!

Quick question for you regarding a Project One Speed Concept.

I just ordered mine (should be coming in the next week). It has SRAM E-Tap, will it come with 2 Blips or 4 Blips? Also, do the Aeolus wheels come with Valve Extenders (I ordered 7/9 combo) (I am assuming not)?

Thanks!
Alex
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [oberkampf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a relevant thread from the Tacx forum: http://forum.tacx.com/...php?f=60&t=31166

the Duotrap features are in exactly the same place on the gen2 bike as the gen1.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply

Prev Next