Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [andrejs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
andrejs wrote:
Love it!

Same. That yellow and black one looks lean and mean.

The red frame has a different paint job from the 'spy shots' though. The BMC logo is in black on the production model.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [splittingfield] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GREAT PRICING imo

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually their site maybe wrong regarding wheels. On section says it comes with zipped, another mavic cxr elites on the DA di2 build.
Last edited by: splittingfield: Oct 4, 16 18:02
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the interest in our new Timemachine! The full details are now released on our website, however if you have questions about the bike or want to hear more details join our product managers on Facebook Live tomorrow (10/5/16) at 8:00am HST here: https://www.facebook.com/bmcswitzerland/.

http://www.bmc-switzerland.com | http://www.bmcracingteam.com | http://www.uplacebmctriathlon.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [RiDe_BMC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RiDe_BMC wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the interest in our new Timemachine! The full details are now released on our website, however if you have questions about the bike or want to hear more details join our product managers on Facebook Live tomorrow (10/5/16) at 8:00am HST here: https://www.facebook.com/bmcswitzerland/.

i'd love to see the following aero data :

Old TM01 VS New with V-cockpit ( like how the old have missile pro evo since that's what I have)
Old TM01 vs New with flat bar cockpit
New V vs Flat Cockpits.

even normalized in % would be good enough for me.. reasonable speed 25-30mph 15-15 yaw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the Di2 bike is a typo... picture has Ui2 spec'd @ 8599.. Hell Etap w/Firecrest is 10999.. so don't count on DA Di2 with NSW's for 8599
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
saw this bike today in person and it looks awesome

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aero Data would be good to have, especially as I prefer the flat cockpit versus the V-Cockpit. Usually I would think that with my stack height of 696 I could get the flat cockpit and just use spacers to raise the armpads to my desired fit. But it seems that V-Cockpit is the only way to reach my stack with Flat Cockpit being 530mm – 670mm and V Cockpit 590mm – 705mm. Wonder if one could get some extra spacers from BMC or if I need to lower my own stack to the max of Flat Cockpit! Only 26mm.......hhmmm....

N+1
Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Obviously you can't answer or speculate but I am rather curious to see what else may trickle down onto the production line from the Impec Concept bike BMC had at Eurobike 2015 (the V-cockpit for example). The Impec Concept had the V-cockpit, disc brakes (shrouded), belt drive, and the 'dual' seat post along the same concept as the V-cockpit.

Spigot
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [coopdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.bmc-switzerland.com/us-en/timemachine/

Looks like they did a major re-design on the brakes. Not sure how much the tire clearance has changed but it seems they are selling the bike with zipps equipped with 25mm tires so I assume it has increased marginally. Looks like there are two cockpit options, the 'flat option' looks to be non-standard. I think this bike might be smarter than people think at first look.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
I think the Di2 bike is a typo... picture has Ui2 spec'd @ 8599.. Hell Etap w/Firecrest is 10999.. so don't count on DA Di2 with NSW's for 8599

I have looked all over the pages...including technical details and do not see pricing. Any guidance on where they are??
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [rmg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I spent some time on the website last night and I am definitely interested as it seems like they addressed my concerns. I will be taking a harder look at this bike, would love to see one in person. I am impressed.

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Last edited by: coopdog: Oct 5, 16 6:34
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone seen this video from Daniel Oss?
https://www.facebook.com/danieloss1/videos/10154399301375664/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

It shows really good close ups of the seat tube junction and how the bike looks when set up in UCI legal mode.
There are basically two seatpost slots.

Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
spntrxi wrote:

I have looked all over the pages...including technical details and do not see pricing. Any guidance on where they are??

It's in the "Technical Specs" table when you pick an individual build. A couple of the builds are missing the price.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Liaman wrote:
Has anyone seen this video from Daniel Oss?
https://www.facebook.com/danieloss1/videos/10154399301375664/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

It shows really good close ups of the seat tube junction and how the bike looks when set up in UCI legal mode.
There are basically two seatpost slots.

Thanks for that. Yeah two slots, and you really need two seatposts if you want to switch from one to the other since the tri seatpost would bottom out in the frame before the UCI seatpost would even enter the frame. But then I guess most people pick one and stick with it.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [bjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not seen any comment on the weight of the frame or assembled bike. My current TM01 is a bit on the heavy side.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Am interested in the new TM01, however my current stack is 696mm, and this means it works with the V Cockpit only (590mm – 705mm). However I prefer a flat cockpit, but the flat cockpit is designed for 530mm – 670mm stack. I presume spacers are used to achieve the height for the pads on the flat cockpit. Is it possible to add or purchase extra spacers to achieve my stack height, but using the Flat Cockpit. Or is this not possible? For structural reason?

N+1
Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rmg wrote:
http://www.bmc-switzerland.com/us-en/timemachine/

Looks like they did a major re-design on the brakes. Not sure how much the tire clearance has changed but it seems they are selling the bike with zipps equipped with 25mm tires so I assume it has increased marginally.

On their website, they claim that the maximum tire width/rim width is 27/28 mm.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [bjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw it yesterday at the Kona Ironman Village expo. When I saw the picture online I wasn't overly impressed, but once I saw it in person, my perception changed. The front and rear brake does have a cam actuated brake booster built in behind the stem. This allows the greater brake travel, which means wider rims/tires are easily fitting. I really like how the taller v-front looks as well, much nice in person than it is on the website.

The only thing I that didn't like was how the seat post can be moved to the UCI position by removing the storage box and use a special clamp. Looks like a complete afterthought... Not an issue since I would never ride it in the rearwards position anyways.

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [audiojan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cant wait to see the new TT bike in person. BMC bikes always tickle my fancy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks ok. It looks alot like the Canyon Speedmax from the side, and that's not bad. I like the hinge for the steering column, and we're seeing that more to allow very deep fronts. The brake assist is clever, so long as it is bombproof.

Smarter? Interesting word choice. How so?$ At 7k for the frameset, it better be able to do some calculus.

--Not directed specifically at you--
The flat bar comes extra? Um, no. Not going to sit up and beg for it either.
Where is the fit chart? A range of stacks is, at best, incomplete information. Not a bike fit solution yet. Missed opportunity, and hopefully they're rectify that.

And the 02 has a weird geometry trend for S/R. What's with that? Figuring aerobars are sufficiently adjustable that you can accommodate everyone? Curious design choice. -J

----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is tough. But it's tougher when you're stupid. -John Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [karlaj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep, looks ok - very in keeping with the canyon and others but doesn't add anything obvious we haven't seen plenty of times on existing bikes.
a couple of things concern me though:
1 - the V bar setup looks as though a bento box would be no good since the bars/stem don't fair the area above the TT at all
2 - horizontal rear dropouts - why?
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
ISP's if done right and if the person is fit correctly on the bike they are amazing.

Dude. Some serious confidence in the builder not to mention the continued availability of that saddle. English?

We should notify the dropper post peddlers to skip you.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [karlaj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
karlaj wrote:
Smarter? Interesting word choice. How so?$ At 7k for the frameset, it better be able to do some calculus. J

Not calculus, but trigonometry. With medium short, medium long, flat and V cockpit options and fore/aft seat and post adjustability, I see the potential to accommodate a wide range of fit options.

Look forward to seeing this bike in person at local BMC dealer. Unfortunately, can't do that with the speedmax.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found the assembly manual for the 2017 TM01 on the support page. The assembly instructions give a better idea of how the aerobars adjust for stack and reach, how the brakes set up, ect.

The manual also has a link to an online fitting app, though I haven't tried it.

Also, looking at the frame, it looks like they changed to BB86 like the rest of their bikes.
Quote Reply

Prev Next