Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The athlete (whoever he is) looks to be part of the BMC Uplace pro tri team. Hence the pro looking kit and water bottles etc.

It's feasable that he was out on a pre Kona recce ride and somebody just spotted him and grabbed some cool photos.
However, my money is on it being an "opportunistic" photo occasion.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Liaman wrote:
The athlete (whoever he is) looks to be part of the BMC Uplace pro tri team. Hence the pro looking kit and water bottles etc.

It's feasable that he was out on a pre Kona recce ride and somebody just spotted him and grabbed some cool photos.
However, my money is on it being an "opportunistic" photo occasion.

When is a pro *ever* in a small ring/big cog combo on a TT bike? I just thought it was funny (and a bit disingenuous).

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe he's just out for a light spin in advance of the big day?
It's too late to get fitter at this point.

Plus it's not like he would have traveled with two bikes, so TT bike or bust.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [kgro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take an already awesome bike and make it lighter and faster in the tunnel, improve the stem, brakes and add storage options. sounds perfect to me. I can see form the pics that they have changed the p2p stem config and the frame looks possibly narrower ? Maybe some weight savings. I am glad they kept the rear horizontal drop out as I actually prefer that but hope that have made more room for wider wheel/tire combos. Need to see the rear brake hardware to see if the quality/design has been upgraded there.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [rmg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rmg wrote:
Take an already awesome bike and make it lighter and faster in the tunnel, improve the stem, brakes and add storage options. sounds perfect to me. I can see form the pics that they have changed the p2p stem config and the frame looks possibly narrower ? Maybe some weight savings. I am glad they kept the rear horizontal drop out as I actually prefer that but hope that have made more room for wider wheel/tire combos. Need to see the rear brake hardware to see if the quality/design has been upgraded there.

Even if they did, it is an incremental update. I already feel screwed by Apple, I don't need the same BS from the bike co. If after so many years all they could do is to make the frame a bit narrower and add a storage box at the back (completely ignoring the top tube bosses, or even OMG disk brakes) than it is the upgrade I can easily overlook and either stay with my existing bike, or go for a product with more balls.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [rmg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rmg wrote:

Love my TM01 and looking to upgrade soon but on the fence if this is the bike or not. Storage would need to improve and rear brakes would need to be easier to work on and would also appreciate a new stem configuration as you mentioned.

What may push me in this direction is the fact that the new Cervelo is a bit over the top to me, plus I must have a bike I can use on the trainer which eliminates Dimond and possibly Cervelo. Part of me would feel like a complete tool riding around on the Cervelo and DB...

We shall see.

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
pirate_rrob wrote:
TriRig Just released a bunch of spy shots of the BMC Time Machine!

http://www.tririg.com/...me_Machine_Spy_Shots

"Spy shots". Yeah, they just happened to find a guy JRA in his small ring/big cog combo, with three matching water bottles.

Really?

Remember TriRig is not just some guy, he is now a competitor since he makes his own frame. I suspect companies may not be tripping over themselves to give him exclusive pictures of their new frames.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on the similarities between his spy shots of the various frames, I get the feeling that Nick (or an associate) just set up camp with a camera on the Queen K and waited for Pros to ride past on their new rigs.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [kgro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess if you require somewhere for solid nutrition I could see how additional storage options might be necessary. As pictured in the TriRig spy shots - 3 bottles + aero road bottle = nutrition set for long course. Somewhere to throw flat kit - check. Ready to go. Sounds like you are ready for something more radical in design. Maybe the Diamondback...
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [bjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks promising to me – something similar to the gorgeous Canyon Speedmax* but with real customer service!

*stripped down UCI TT version
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:

The big issue I see is that stores are so afraid to cut them that they just leave the saddle way too high.

As for the BMC - it looks like a nice incremental progression from the old bikes. Which is where UCI legal design is at - not much that can be done within the rules to improve on bikes that are already good.

I can see the issue with travelling.

But regarding ISPs (Which I like purely for the looks) the irony is that this BMC's seat tube requires chopping so that you can get the seat to the height you want. There's relatively little frame left for it to slide down into.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [Race1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's on BMC main page.. the front is well... odd indeed. (v-cockpit)

atleast a flat bar is available... I would not ride the bike with the V-cockpit.. I don't care
Last edited by: spntrxi: Oct 4, 16 16:23
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interested in the price points here.

The bento is positioned pretty far back on the top tube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BMC has their information up on their website: http://www.bmc-switzerland.com/...ne-01-sram_red_etap/

How is this bike better or different than a Trek Speed Concept? Looks the same from a layman's perspective and at this time the Speed Concept is "old".
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [dhr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like the frame is 6,999$. The DA Di2 setup with Zipp 404/808 NSW is $8,499 which seems like a relative bargain.
Last edited by: splittingfield: Oct 4, 16 16:48
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [splittingfield] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See a price on the TM02 options?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's on the site, TM02 Ultegra Di2 is 5,999, Ultegra $3,699, 105 2,799
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [sharkbaitguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sharkbaitguy wrote:
BMC has their information up on their website: http://www.bmc-switzerland.com/...ne-01-sram_red_etap/

How is this bike better or different than a Trek Speed Concept? Looks the same from a layman's perspective and at this time the Speed Concept is "old".

Well, I guess they could've taken the P5-X approach and made a bike that isn't any better by all accounts, but sure is different (and a ton more expensive).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
splittingfield wrote:
It looks like the frame is 6,999$. The DA Di2 setup with Zipp 404/808 NSW is $8,499 which seems like a relative bargain.

+1500 for $2500 wheels and Di2 = no brainer. Frame price seems high, but I guess you get bars and brakes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting. Maybe accessing from a cell phone is my problem. Thanks anyhow!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't see prices??

-------------------
Trying since 81
-------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look under Technical Details, which is obviously where you would put the price.
Last edited by: splittingfield: Oct 4, 16 17:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
splittingfield wrote:
Look under Technical Details, which is obviously where you would out the price.

Seen... So small...

-------------------
Trying since 81
-------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love it! Looks so much better than Cervelo's new thing (holy moly it's hideous!!). Loving the Swiss engineering.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This also does not leave much room in price for the Ultegra Di2 model.
Quote Reply

Prev Next