Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
I also heard that the 3-1 rule will get dumped. But as others have said, unless you are a professional racing in the Nat Champs, your chance that your to have your bike checked or measured is ZERO.

GreenPlease wrote:
I'm also interested in the brakes... and if the rumored front hydration was implemented.

Side note: does anyone know what the UCI's rules are going to be going forward for TT bikes? Not that I'm fast enough to be bound by them but I'm thinking about keeping my SC for TTs going forward.

I'll start thinking about it if I ever make it up to Cat 1 :p
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [bjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the looks of this bike but how aero is it. I hate the look of the new Ceverlo but I bet it is aero.

At least with this bike I could still use a majority of my go to parts.

Would like to see this up close for the front brake set up and aerobar/stem set up.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This bike looks boring to me. I love the look of the P5-X.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love me some BMC, but I'm not a fan of how disjointed the seat post assembly looks.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

Agree 100%
Nothin -wrong- with it, but pretty plain and dated looking compared with other new bikes. Was it really necessary to hide this behind a secret wall at interbike?! Usually that implies its something exciting....
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The BMC, Canyon Speedmax, and (insert current superbike here) look boring and unimaginative compared to the new Diamondback and *alleged* Cervelo.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
I also heard that the 3-1 rule will get dumped. But as others have said, unless you are a professional racing in the Nat Champs, your chance that your to have your bike checked or measured is ZERO.

And junior and U23. Not trying to nitpick - just don't want some jr. parent to read this thread and go buy their kid a Cervelo P5x for Christmas so they can try to qualify for Jr. Worlds.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree it looks like a pretty standard double diamond design but it is a very solid option. The fork looks very clean and it's not hit-you-over-the-head obvious that they put the brakes behind the fork.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
I love me some BMC, but I'm not a fan of how disjointed the seat post assembly looks.

This!

Cannondale did something similar a while back IIRC.

Don't like it. There's no flow to the shape. It's almost like they suddenly realised "shit we haven't put a seat post in" or it reminds me of kids in crappy cars with giant spoiler nailed to the back. Completely incongruent!

In fact why do TT bikes not go with fixed seat posts like Giants Propel Advanced SL?

Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [Race1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Race1 wrote:
ZenTriBrett wrote:

This!

Cannondale did something similar a while back IIRC.

Don't like it. There's no flow to the shape. It's almost like they suddenly realised "shit we haven't put a seat post in" or it reminds me of kids in crappy cars with giant spoiler nailed to the back. Completely incongruent!

In fact why do TT bikes not go with fixed seat posts like Giants Propel Advanced SL?

The fixed ISP frames can be painful to travel with since no removable seat post.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [Race1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Race1 wrote:

Because ISPs are one of the worst 'innovations' to be foisted on the world by the bike industry. The Propel manages to combine several bad ideas (ISP, brake calipers, 1.25 steerer) in one bike.

The big issue I see is that stores are so afraid to cut them that they just leave the saddle way too high.

As for the BMC - it looks like a nice incremental progression from the old bikes. Which is where UCI legal design is at - not much that can be done within the rules to improve on bikes that are already good.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ISP's if done right and if the person is fit correctly on the bike they are amazing.

Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What am I looking at that's amazing, there?

BMANX wrote:
ISP's if done right and if the person is fit correctly on the bike they are amazing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Integrated seat posts are a huge PITA to travel with and confer minimal benefits.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [bjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRig Just released a bunch of spy shots of the BMC Time Machine!

http://www.tririg.com/...me_Machine_Spy_Shots

we live in strange times where narrative has way more impact than utility or truth...
-SteveMc
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [pirate_rrob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks really nice. Very clean.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks great, but it doesn't seem to have any direct-mount storage bosses on the top tube. Hope in the final production model it has that option, as the frame design at the front does not seem to allow to move the storage forward enough if we have to strap it round the top tube!

N+1
Strava
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
Very Canyon Speedmax /Trek SpeedConcept looking.. not impressed. I don't think it's enough to make me get rid of my TM01.

It's even not enough to make me get rid of my TM02, and I am yearning for a new bike. Guess it will have to be the P5X then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:
BryanD wrote:

Agree 100%
Nothin -wrong- with it, but pretty plain and dated looking compared with other new bikes. Was it really necessary to hide this behind a secret wall at interbike?! Usually that implies its something exciting....

It looks like a Canyon, a Cube, and a Speed Concept had a love child. Which is all well and good.

But then you have the offerings from Dimond, Ventum, TriRig, Diamondback, and the new Cervelo and the BMC looks boring as shit.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
SBRcoffee wrote:
BryanD wrote:

Agree 100%

It looks like a Canyon, a Cube, and a Speed Concept had a love child. Which is all well and good.

But then you have the offerings from Dimond, Ventum, TriRig, Diamondback, and the new Cervelo and the BMC looks boring as shit.

Exactly, which is the same issue with the Ceepo...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what if you want to change saddles or decide to change seat height? doesn't appear to be much if any leeway for that. ie a tall rail saddle to low
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
what if you want to change saddles or decide to change seat height? doesn't appear to be much if any leeway for that. ie a tall rail saddle to low

Are you referring to the ISP? They usually come with a set of thin spacers so that you can make micro adjustments in height after it is cut. Usually gives you at least a couple cm in either direction....but yeah, you gotta make sure you cut it accurate the first time to get it in a good height range.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wasn't meaning to reply to you originally, but I did not notice an ISP on it. must not have looked closely on tririg's spy shots
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [pirate_rrob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pirate_rrob wrote:
TriRig Just released a bunch of spy shots of the BMC Time Machine!

http://www.tririg.com/...me_Machine_Spy_Shots

"Spy shots". Yeah, they just happened to find a guy JRA in his small ring/big cog combo, with three matching water bottles.

Really?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
wasn't meaning to reply to you originally, but I did not notice an ISP on it. must not have looked closely on tririg's spy shots
Ah, no, not on the BMC, thought you were referring to the misc. pic someone posted above. Nevermind.. :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next