Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl, two quick questions...
1. Is there a hard copy of the 2nd gen speed concept service manual thats available to purchase? (Have pdf just want a real manual)

2. Can you show me a pic with the sc on a workstand using these adapters?
Pn 403494
Pn 416101
Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Box [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a quick one Carl.

Is there any appreciable difference between the Aeolus 5 and 7 tubular as a front wheel on a current gen SC? I'm pretty small so the 5 would be nice if it isn't much slower than the 7, plus the 5 is on special at the moment!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

Is there anyway to buy the SC decal kit? I have a 2011 which is out of warranty and that I'm the second owner of that I want to custom paint with the new stencil/decal kit?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) No hardcopy for purchase...got a printer? If not, I imagine the local library, or a print store, or maybe even your Trek dealer might be able to print out that pdf for you.

2) Pretty simple...for workstands that don't open far enough to grab the SC seatpost, the stand grabs 403494, and you have the 416101 inserts in there to match the SC (or Equinox TTX...same shape) post profile. 403494 comes with inserts for round seatmast bikes like the Emonda & Domane...416101 is purchased separately.

ETA: fixed PN for 403494

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: Sep 28, 16 6:46
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Box [TheFisher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't have any in-bike data on those wheels with the current bike...the D3 wheel line was developed some 5yrs earlier. General trend with this style of wheel is better performance with deeper sections at higher yaw. For head to head data wheel-only, see page 18 of the D3 development white paper.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Tall_Coffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm afraid not...the SC decals aren't an adhesive-backed "external" system...they're applied in a wet-slide process on the base paint layer and then clearcoated over. If you search on the forum I'm sure you can find one or more folks who have been able to take graphics files and do custom vinyl decals.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, Carl. What are the part numbers for the rubber grommets on the front brake fairing and also for the fairing (M)?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [sooners175] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
which version of the bike...the original, or the current?

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, current (2014).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the medium brake cover is W326645...the small rubber plugs are not sold separately, they're part of bolt kit 437032. it's possible that a dealer (or another SC owner) would've bought that kit to replace something else and would have those plugs left over.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Carl!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl, I've only had my new 7.5 for a few months and the alloy seat post is stuck in the carbon frame. What's the best and safest way to try to remove it? I've read penetrating oil works on steel oxide, but ammonia works on aluminum oxide. But I don't want to put a damaging chemical on the carbon. Should I send it in to Trek? I'm a bit freaked out by how this happened so fast and want to get it fixed as soon as I can. Thanks for any help you can give.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you! Does the adjustment bolt for the seatpost clamp happen to be in that bolt kit?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a new one for me. I don't think I've ever seen the anodizing on those alloy posts wear to the point where you could set up that reaction. Are you sure it's not just dried residue from energy drinks etc? Might try introducing some water first and letting that soak in before going to the next level or taking it to your Trek dealer.

On my own bike, my next step would be to see if I could break things free with light taps on the post from a rubber mallet...forward and rearward, not downward (at least not at first). If that doesn't work, it's off to your dealer to see what they suggest.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're welcome!

That bolt is part of seatpost rebuild kit 437030.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply! I got it to move up about a centimeter after several hours of working on it, so I'm super happy that it's not actually bonded. Yeah, I was just shocked that it was stuck since I've only had it for such a short time. I've seen stuff get bonded, but man, not that quickly. It will now wiggle front and back, but getting it to go up is agonizingly slow progress. Even though it's a 7.5, I got it with electronic shifting with the battery in the seat post, so I'm wondering if the battery/mount combo is jamming it in somehow. Have you ever heard of of that happening?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nope, hadn't heard of that either. but then, only the carbon post was designed with provisions for internal Di2 battery mounting...so you might be on the right track re: whatever was used to mount/retain the battery in the alloy post.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the original Speed Concept (7.0) what size tire are people running? I train on the stock SSR wheels and I tried 25mm front and rear, but the rear rubbed a lot on the frame and draft box so I swapped to an odd 25 front/23 rear setup. I'm not particularly set on running 25's over 23's, but I'm wondering if the frame and box will accommodate 25's on a slightly wider rim.

Register for Tri the Illini! Urbana-Champaign's premier sprint triathlon! Register here: http://www.fightingillinitriathlon.com/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Red X] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wider rim might work, different tire in the "same" size might work...there's a lot of variation out there.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do I get hold of a new lid?
I have lost too many things out of my draft box now. It is kinda annoying that the lid keeps popping up.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SlovTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assume this is for a current generation (2014+) Speed Concept? PN 512622 is the latest version of the lid. here's how to tell which version you have.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, it is the current version Speed Concept, but since it is a Trek Factory Racing team bike I have no receipt from a local bike shop....
Last edited by: SlovTri: Sep 29, 16 5:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

I get the part numbers for the following for a Gen 2 Speed concept (2015)?
Mono Spacer 15mm
Low-Far stem

Once again, thanks for the great support!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [msrixon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
howdy-

W326500 and 436146, respectively.

Cheers!

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Carl,
by any chance do you know where I can get this spacers below the arm pads?
Thanks for any info

https://goo.gl/...os/yxncAkeYXpKcg2W18

https://goo.gl/...os/TZUg3gZdLxr6i7cj6

Quote Reply

Prev Next