Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Regarding the various comments on TriRig's track record, it is important to keep us and every brand accountable, and we welcome the criticism. Yes, we have run afoul of problems in the past. We take these issues seriously, and do our utmost to address concerns in the most efficient, thorough, and reliable way. Not everyone is always satisfied, and we continue to strive to improve both customer satisfaction and the objective quality of our products. We've made mistakes in the past, and we are constantly working to understand them, address them, and improve our processes and products.

That being said, I'd like to provide a little bit of context to the relative magnitude of those kinds of issues. When we have replaced defective product in the past, is has been on the order of 100-200 units, total, across all products, throughout the lifetime of our business. This represents about 1% replacement. Certainly we can do better, and we continue to strive to do so. However, I mention these numbers illustrate the bigger picture, which is that we have thousands upon thousands of satisfied customers, and a much smaller number of dissatisfied ones.

We absolutely welcome objective criticism, customer feedback, and the like. We want to always do better, and grow our existing base of satisfied and repeat customers.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS HERE!!! [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
Again...he built a bike for himself. Hopefully you all like it too!

Nailed it!

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS HERE!!! [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
They are offering six different color decals. That's not the same. If you are going to need to apply decals, why not make the base colors light grey on black and allow Nick to put orange decals on his bike.

Aside from that, you still have orange rails on the saddle and orange accents on the bars and stem. Which would make me insane, personally, having such clashes on my bicycle.

Sure, but you still have more options than most manufacturers (although if it's a decal applied over the orange paint, nevermind. And oof.)

I mean, there's plenty to be skeptical about here, but the colors are pretty minor. People still buy Cervelo and those things are hideous.
Last edited by: dhr: Sep 14, 16 12:43
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS HERE!!! [treyedr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
treyedr wrote:
How many other bike manufacturers offer 6 color combinations at no extra charge?

Edit: Oh fu%$, I didn't realize they were decals you have to apply over the hideous orange paint. That sucks.
At present, we can take requests for which color you'd like under the clearcoat. The default is orange, but you can put in a request for any color at this time. As long as we haven't completed paint on your particular batch of bikes from the factory, we will accommodate the request at no charge. And you'll still get decals for the other colors. This may change once production is rolling at a steady pace, a couple months from now.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Random aside: what about hydraulic rim brakes with a third brake lever on one of the aero bars?

Totally possible.

Edit: Thinking about this some more...it's actually virtually ONLY possible to do this with hydraulic rim brakes rather than hydraulic road discs, for the main reason that hydro rim calipers typically are run on a "closed" system (no reservoir), while for thermal expansion and pad wear reasons the disc are run on an "open" system. Since the reservoir is usually in the lever, if you have 2 levers attached to an open system, you'll just transfer fluid between the 2 lever reservoirs when one or the other is activated.

The one "gotcha" is that SRAM, in their infinite wisdom, decided to use the levers with reservoirs to activate their hyrdro rim brakes :-/ That said, the Magura TT rim brakes should work fine with a secondary lever "Tee'd" into the line...just don't activate both levers at the same time, or you might crush your rim ;-)

Which brings up another aside...do either Shimano or SRAM even offer a hydro TT brake lever at the moment??

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Last edited by: Tom A.: Sep 14, 16 13:43
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS HERE!!! [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
Again...he built a bike for himself. Hopefully you all like it too!

Couldn't agree more. I was very-much looking forward to the release -- sorely disappointed, for many of the reasons outlined on this thread. And that's coming from someone who drinks the TriRig kool-aid.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS HERE!!! [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know. This bike is innovative and will probably cause other manufacturers to rethink their design process. I want the integrated skewers on my bike(s)!!! Every time I look down I think "there has to be a more aero way of doing this".
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Andrew,

Sadly I wasn't around snooping for bike 30 years ago. I guess I should have written: "I am impressed that Nick have features that I think some big brand frame manufacturers should have had a long time ago (i.e removable front derailleur)"

Best Regards David

Quote | Reply
Don't get the whole 'he built a bike for himself'....

Lots of manufacturers only offer 1 color for a model, with no option to change it in any way.

How about Dimond, or Ventum? They come in one color. Want different color lettering? Starts at $500 US upcharge for Dimond.

Trek offers custom colors, but $$$ for project 1.

I think the bike looks awesome, even happen to like the orange.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS HERE!!! [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to hear. You'll probably get a lot of requests for white.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://aerogeeks.com/...ke-2016-tririg-omni/

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS HERE!!! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Typical Aerogeeks...adds nothing to the conversation except unsubstantiated hyperbole.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
Typical Aerogeeks...adds nothing to the conversation except unsubstantiated hyperbole.

Well it looks nice but no idea whether it functions structurally or is indeed super slippery. At least the new spy shot Cervelo seems to tick one of those boxes.

SteveMc
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS HERE!!! [SteveMc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where is the new spy shot and why is it not posted on ST.

As for the Omni, I like the overall design of the bike. Not sure how it performs at this point but there are a lot of good ideas that have gone into the design. I am not sure I like the covers on the brakes as I see them going on the side of the road somewhere so at least 1 screw holding them on would have been nice.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS HERE!!! [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
Where is the new spy shot and why is it not posted on ST.

As for the Omni, I like the overall design of the bike. Not sure how it performs at this point but there are a lot of good ideas that have gone into the design. I am not sure I like the covers on the brakes as I see them going on the side of the road somewhere so at least 1 screw holding them on would have been nice.

Errr.... just look at the thread entitled "Cervelo P5X photo?????"

I agree the design of the Omni and also the new Reap bike are nice, I'm just concerned with how thin the chain stays are on both designs as, from what I understand, these need to be beefed up once you remove the seat stays.

I also like the frame that Marc Battistella has been working on. However if Cervelo have a beam bike then I don't see how that won't sell more than all the others combined due to their popularity, brand awareness and ability to get them into shops around the world.

SteveMc
p.s. A little bit of glue or double sided tape would ensure the brake covers stay on a bit longer.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keep up doing your fantastic job!
Thanks for awesome products!
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS HERE!!! [SteveMc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SteveMc wrote:
PubliusValerius wrote:

Well it looks nice but no idea whether it functions structurally or is indeed super slippery. At least the new spy shot Cervelo seems to tick one of those boxes.

SteveMc

You can see from the spyshot that its either superslippery or functions structurally?
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS HERE!!! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In hand photos from aerogeeks...

http://aerogeeks.com/2016/09/21/interbike-2016-tririg-omni/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed - not sure why people keep linking to that page. They bring zero science or first hand knowledge to the discussion - no testing just photos and how it looks fast.

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:

Which brings up another aside...do either Shimano or SRAM even offer a hydro TT brake lever at the moment??

The new Shimano Metrea groupset has hydro brake levers designed to go on the end of bull bar levers.

Obviously they have an urban application in mind but there's no reason why they couldn't be repurposed for a triathlon disc braked bike (inward shudder)

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Last edited by: Barchettaman: Sep 23, 16 4:42
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS HERE!!! [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SteveMc[/quote]

You can see from the spyshot that its either superslippery or functions structurally?[/quote]

Well, someone is riding the bike in the Cervelo shot. That shows at least a degree of structural functionality. I believe that was the point being made.
Last edited by: mhepp: Sep 23, 16 5:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:

Ha. I could not agree more.

I've never understood how they call themselves "aero geeks" when their bikes on the front page are anything but aero. And then they do so called "reviews" on products that have been out for a year or two. SMH.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS HERE!!! [mhepp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is video of the omnj being ridden on the tririg site, so... plus the cervelo pic hasnt really shown us anything, the omni is at least a real bike.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS HERE!!! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
when their bikes on the front page are anything but aero.

Trolling? I got my Felt DA down to near sub 0.2 CdA as a 6'3" rider. Gauntlet thrown. I'll race my DA anytime, anyplace. (as long as there's no running or swimming before/after). Still waiting for something I want to replace it with. #feltmafia

Also they did contribute something to the Omni discussion. I believe that's the best set of pictures of the Omni to-date, by far.
Last edited by: trail: Sep 23, 16 6:53
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS HERE!!! [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
stevej wrote:
when their bikes on the front page are anything but aero.

Trolling? I got my Felt DA down to near sub 0.2 CdA as a 6'3" rider. Gauntlet thrown. I'll race my DA anytime, anyplace. (as long as there's no running or swimming before/after). Still waiting for something I want to replace it with. #feltmafia

Also they did contribute something to the Omni discussion. I believe that's the best set of pictures of the Omni to-date, by far.

While I am not 6'3", I've gotten down below 0.2 CdA on my DA and I'll take the same position that the bike is not holding me back, either. Great thing about the DA is the low and long geo, which seems to be lacking in other bikes.

Also, can't help but agree on the photo coverage of the omni as well. Their photos actually made me reverse course on my opinion of the bike from it being ugly to something I might actually consider.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply

Prev Next