Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, the blurred image shows no downtube

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
... an aero penny farthing

Doesn't matter if the frame is aero if I'm not!!!
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
So shorter and taller than an IAx

Strike 1 Salazar
How long until somebody realises there is now a huge gaping hole in the market for a frame with some reach? OK it won't appeal to eleventy billion M-BOPers who want to sit bold upright so their belly clears their knees but there is literally nobody bar Canyon who makes a long frame now. Past experiences with them have led me to not wish to deal with them ever again.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very true. I'm on the short torso long, leg side and I'd still struggle to fit based on the stack/reach I'm seeing. 560/435 for a large? That's the Shiv Tri with 10mm of more reach.

We'll see tomorrow I guess. I'm excited to see what Nick brings to the table.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are we looking at a modern remake of an old classic design?

Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DOWNTUBES ARE FOR DINOSAURS BROOOOOO
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Going to have "virtual" airfoils of nothing less than 26:1.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not all of these style of bikes can be run on a trainer, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be buying two as soon as they open for the 6-8 month lead time preorder.

One for training and one for racing. They'll both be built with eTap, Lightning cranks, Dash saddles/wheels and aluminum cut from a soda can to ensure my extensions don't slip (i'm not sure he's announced these for sale yet so I'll just make my own for use with Alpha X). They'll just have designated uses.

Probably will buy a third just in case there's issues running it on the trainer.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [ironcode] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironcode wrote:

They can -- you just need to buy a Match Rider.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [ironcode] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironcode wrote:

A Ventum can be used on any trainer. A Dimond can't be used on regular trainers or a Kickr.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:

Strike 1 Salazar

I know! Hard to believe these companies won't design a bike for the 7 guys on slowtwitch that want a 12 inch saddle to bar drop!....
;)
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:
PubliusValerius wrote:

Strike 1 Salazar

I know! Hard to believe these companies won't design a bike for the 7 guys on slowtwitch that want a 12 inch saddle to bar drop!....
;)

You don't need a big saddle to bar drop to need a long frame. Short legs, long torso.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
SBRcoffee wrote:
PubliusValerius wrote:

Strike 1 Salazar

;)

You don't need a big saddle to bar drop to need a long frame. Short legs, long torso.
Or a burning desire to be in a quick position. Ok a long top tube not for everyone but not everyone make Irons for 18 handicappers....

Gaining stack isn't even an issue now as everyone just stacks up the spacers to high heaven. Reach is much more hard to come by in these integrated front end bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [hutchy_belfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Specialized still makes the Shiv TT, you know...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Compared to the 54cm P5, it has 3mm more stack, and 6mm less reach. Seems pretty dang close, though I'm not an expert fitter.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The disparity is more clear in the large/small frame choices. I always battle length on any bike that is "modern".

Looking at the various numbers on the fit calculator, it looks as if the sizes are spaced to tout a large fit envelope. This is true. But I personally just hate the undermount setup and having for show the pads all the way to the front, which is what I would have to do on a large frame. Even so, I would still be too tall on the stack.

While the frame/alpha x combo will fit a wide range of fits, I would not call it ideal for anyone that wants more reach.

The frame sizes skip from 490,525,560 in stack and 375,405,435 in reach. I'm guessing because the alpha X fills in the gaps quite nicely there.

While most people will be fine and shove the pads where they need to to make a frame like this work, I prefer not to. That doesn't knock any innovation that Nick and TriRig have done. I'm hearing this is a really well thought out bike, I just am not the ideal candidate for this. I just am tired of fighting length issues on bikes.

But as someone else stated, this is only an issue for the 7 of us that fit this criteria.

This is not an issue with just this bike, just the general trend in frames vs. my preferred fit and preference for bar set up. (I could fit suck it up on a large in the undermount set up and lose about 10-15 mm in stack. Or I could go on a medium and give up some reach.).
Last edited by: zachboring: Sep 12, 16 11:53
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, so a touch taller and shorter than the middle of the road geo P5. Three full centimeters higher than the medium TT shiv, with the same reach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why so much hate for the undermount set up? Just curious
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pure vanity and the lack of full tilt range on the pads. I like a severe tilt more than the 10* fixed spacer provided for the undermount setup. I'm shallow and am stupid picky. I'll admit that and like I said, not an issue as the bike seems to be able to fit most people if willing to go in the undermount options/have a more "normalized" reach.

No matter what though, I have to give up something to obtain my ideal coordinates.
Last edited by: zachboring: Sep 12, 16 11:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They started making it when Noah was building his ark though.... and it wasn't even the fastest frame then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:

Routing undermount is less optimal. I've always been curious about the aero implications of undermount---frontal area is the same, but it's smooth bottom/rough top vs. rough bottom/rought top (never seen any data on it). There was a third issue I had, but it's slipping my brain right now, so it's probably something to do with vanity.

tweets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
It seriously limits BTA hydration options.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsk wrote:
PubliusValerius wrote:

On Alpha X, there are a pair of BTA bosses built into the stem cover that can be used when using the undermount setup.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsk wrote:
PubliusValerius wrote:

This is actually my main reason. I also think it doesn't look so great.
Quote Reply

Prev Next