Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Calvinbal6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I'm not mistaken, that's got Shimano 105 derailleurs and DuraAce shifters...should be pretty clean shifting.

Di2 is certainly something you can retrofit to the bike, and it removes housing friction and possible errors in cable routing from the equation.

The 7.5 cockpit can be ordered via your Trek dealer. They simply need to search for "7.0 cockpit upgrade" in their ordering system and they'll get a worksheet that walks them through all the choices (stem, mono-extension style, etc).

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,
I wanted to order some replacement arm pads for my 2015 speed concept, however my local trek shop is not sure of the part number to order. Can you provide that for me?

Also, do you know if they come in different thicknesses or is it a one size fits all?
Thanks, Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl, I just wanted to drop in and thank you for helping put together a great bike. I rode IM Canada on my new SC with electronic shifting and it was wonderful. One of the best biking experiences of my life. We all have so many bike options and this thread with you on it answering questions was one of the many reasons I got a Trek. Thanks, man!

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [msrixon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
437028...one thickness, ~10mm

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:-)

Happy that you're happy!

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a low stem they no longer need? I'll take near or far.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [bonafide505] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a low far I no longer need. I'm in Aus but can post if you want.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TheFisher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. It might be worth looking into postage costs. How much do you want for it?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [bonafide505] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will the arm pad wing that holds the arm pads ever break? I had the profile design arm pads and brackets on my old tri bike. About every season the bracket would break so I'm concerned with the arm pad wing with the trek doing the same thing with lots of use. It looks more durable and shouldn't break like this one below.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know exactly what you're talking about. I don't see any chance of that with Trek. It's pretty stout.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any recommendations for a TT mount with the mono extensions using a Garmin 520. I got the K edge mount but it looks like the 520 won't fit when I turn it into the holder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Profile design have a mini one that fits a peach in between the extensions.
Twists and screws tight you'll know the one when you see it.

https://www.amazon.com/...-Mount/dp/B003UWFZQE
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it possible to confirm the minimum pad stack for the 9.9 in Large with the low-far stem? I have a pad stack of 59.4 and reach of 52.2 so it doesn't look like any size has the right geo for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
confirmed min pad stack on that size SC @605...I measured up my large with medium-far stem and 15mm (shortest) monospacer @ 640...which is per the chart...and the med-far and low-far stems differ by 35mm of stack.

a Medium with low-far can hit your numbers, but not knowing anything else about your fit I can see where that might not be ideal...you'd have your pads a lot closer to the front hub than most Medium drivers...if you run with a fair amount of saddle setback and/or have a longer torso relative to your legs maybe it's OK.

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: Aug 7, 16 15:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that. Although I do ride a big setback (about 9cm) I also have long extensions so doesn't sound like it's the bike for me. Almost nothing long and low left, shame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
at 9cm of setback, with a long ergo monoextension, this is sounding more and more do-able...what are your saddle height and saddle nose to shifter measurements?

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
74.5cm and 94cm.

Thing is there's unlikely to be any drop in my CdA if I have to go with a medium frame as it won't be much different from what I have now. I'm looking to go faster, lateral moves simply aren't appealing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fair enough. FWIW, at that saddle height I'd have been steering you towards the medium anyway.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zipp do one thats also pretty cheap. Is a snug fit but my 520 just fits in between the bars
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [msrixon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
msrixon wrote:
Zipp do one thats also pretty cheap. Is a snug fit but my 520 just fits in between the bars

I have one of those small bar mount "knubs" . It just slides in if I slightly pry the extensions apart 1mm or so. The computer is at the base of the upturn on the extensions and in perfect view at a glance.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
motoguy128 wrote:
msrixon wrote:

I have one of those small bar mount "knubs" . It just slides in if I slightly pry the extensions apart 1mm or so. The computer is at the base of the upturn on the extensions and in perfect view at a glance.

Can you post a pic?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have anything handy of my bike, but it's one of these. Its' exactly the extension spacing. the diameter is just right so the standard Garmin rubber O-ring mount works perfect.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the default crank length for the medium 2014 speed concept 7.5 w/ ultegra? 172.5?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [cds01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2012 SC (the green/black/white one) running a Rotor 3d 24mm spindle crank

Would this BB fit my frame?

http://trekstorecolumbus.com/...bracket-262399-1.htm

I've learned to live with the BB creak that both my press fit bikes have but this looks like a potential solution. :)

Thanks

PS I know that link points to a confusing model that says Sram and Hollowtech, but the main question is whether a BB86/92 BB will go into my frame.

Thanks!
Last edited by: alexwong: Aug 11, 16 4:53
Quote Reply

Prev Next