Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Rate my custom kit (and share your own)
Quote | Reply
Bit of Friday fun.

This isn't meant as a stealth recommendation of Virklon, although I do really like their stuff. Rather I'm often impressed by the custom kit I see out there and thought it might be fun to share our designs. I'll start with mine, which I'm really chuffed with. It is just a render right now from the template I customized in Inkscape because I haven't ordered one yet, but I like the way it came out.

Give me feedback and marks out of 10, and share your own.

Quote Reply
Re: Rate my custom kit (and share your own) [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ill give you a 6.5
I like more writing, images on the back. Not sure how I like all that white up top.
I do like the yellow cuffs.

Then again, our kit is blue with black. Salt stains show more than our older kit that was blue with grey.

My 2c
Quote Reply
Re: Rate my custom kit (and share your own) [Louamerica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6.5/10, ouch!! I like your honesty though. I'm thinking about changing up the back a bit, but I like the front. Not fussed for more writing, enough logos on my bike..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It reminds me of the Livestrong Foundation colors

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Needs a little more pattern/style on the blank white and black sections. You cab do pretty cool things if you have a theme. Ignore all the extra sponsors stuff and see how I used some imagery on mine from last year.

There's some things I'd improve with contrast and the overall pattern is supposed to be roughly in the shape of a butterfly (symbol of lupus) but it didn't work out as well as I wanted. But, due to the color, EVERYBODY noticed it and they could quickly and easily see what the charity was. The coloring also came out a little more pink. Nimblewear and I had some trouble matching colors and I think their machine calibration was a little off. The proof always looked slightly different than the final color. They actually made it a 2nd time because the 1st version was almost maroon/wine colored somehow.

I went for bonus points of color coordinating socks.

[URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/...zpsf7gkcx7y.jpg.html][/url]

From 2 years ago. a little dated now, but still has some patterns. [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/...zpsc5d26a94.jpg.html][/url]

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Last edited by: motoguy128: Jul 8, 16 5:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The last thing I wanna do is give someone the information to say (after the race)....."I passed some guy named Johnson like he was sitting still".

:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You want my name on your backside? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Rate my custom kit (and share your own) [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
It reminds me of the Livestrong Foundation colors

jaretj

Yeah, unfortunately these are the club colours so not really negotiable :-(
Quote Reply
Re: Rate my custom kit (and share your own) [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nc452010 wrote:
The last thing I wanna do is give someone the information to say (after the race)....."I passed some guy named Johnson like he was sitting still".

Well, two things.

1) That is never going to happen*.
2) That "MY NAME" bit isn't part of the design, the company just leaves that on there on the webpage so you can put your name on in checkout if you want to. I won't!!

*because I am such a shit swimmer that there aren't any decent bikers or runners behind me to begin with ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure even a 6.5 . . . that is pretty boring. Have some fun and put a bit of splash in it . . . just a bit of wiz - bang.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
9/10, I like it. Not too busy. Opposite of what someone else said I don't like a lot of writing on there. You have just enough with club name. I also like the simple black and white.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Notice the frontal aero profile, I'm so aero Brah!
Don't hate the Player hate the Game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd give it a 5. I don't like the yellow rectangle or the font. I of course do not have to wear and you really love it and that is what matters.

There is a circle design on the back....could it somehow be the theme.....spread it out, use it more.
Quote Reply
Re: Rate my custom kit (and share your own) [rhayden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhayden wrote:
I'd give it a 5. I don't like the yellow rectangle or the font. I of course do not have to wear and you really love it and that is what matters.

There is a circle design on the back....could it somehow be the theme.....spread it out, use it more.

White Rose of Yorkshire, presumably. I agree, make that a larger part of the design.

Or have dragons. Red ones. They're always good :)
Quote Reply
Re: Rate my custom kit (and share your own) [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Nah, if you're going hijack a custom kit thread...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5; looks good quality but colors and design look pretty awful to me but obviously it's all personal
Quote Reply
Re: Rate my custom kit (and share your own) [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somebody post up that final Slowtwitch-approved IM tattoo design from a while back. I'd rock that on the back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
nc452010 wrote:

Well, two things.

1) That is never going to happen*.
2) That "MY NAME" bit isn't part of the design, the company just leaves that on there on the webpage so you can put your name on in checkout if you want to. I won't!!

*because I am such a shit swimmer that there aren't any decent bikers or runners behind me to begin with ;-)

Just an FYI on the "my name" text - you can change the font and size if you would like to do something different. Virklon is really cool about stuff like that. If you use a special font, they might request it from you. If you'd like to see what I've done with them, you can check out my stuff in my Virklon store:

1. Go to http://www.virklon.com
2. Enter vector-cycle-works in the teamsAREA.
3. Hit enter.

You'll have to look carefully for the "your name" text on most of the pieces - I kept it pretty subtle.

I've been really happy with the Virklon clothing, and it's nice to be able to offer so many pieces and designs without any upfront costs, minimum orders, etc. More Cyclocross kits and hoodies are coming soon...

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would enlarge the logo in the back, invert the black/white colors and move it higher into the white area. Correspondingly I would raise the name below the logo a little higher to compensate for the logo higher, but I would keep it in the black. I would increase the font size, too. I wouldn't change much on the front as I like the uncluttered simplicity of it. I would extend the bottom of the yellow block on the sides to flare into the bottom of the armpit so you don't see that little bit of upturned black (if you can understand that!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some of the ones that I have designed in the past few months for my own fun. The first USA one has the Declaration of Independence ghosted on the back for a little extra flair.[/img][/img][/img][/img][/img][/img]

Train to race. Race to win.
Quote Reply
Re: Rate my custom kit (and share your own) [flyingirish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Loving the storm trooper, it should be paired up with a white lazer tardiz :-)

WD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Rate my custom kit (and share your own) [WD Pro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed! I'm having that one made and will pair it with my white Giro Advantage 2 while I wait on the new one to come out with the visor.

Quote Reply
Re: Rate my custom kit (and share your own) [flyingirish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a guy in our tri club that has a storm trooper race suit.......it looks great right up until you start racing in it.

Race suits should never be white.....

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply
Re: Rate my custom kit (and share your own) [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why I placed the black areas where I did. I know which suit your talking about (made by Epix) and they didn't take the black areas high enough on the front/black

Quote Reply
Re: Rate my custom kit (and share your own) [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
andrewblerner wrote:
Notice the frontal aero profile, I'm so aero Brah!

This one takes the cake .... 11/10
Quote Reply

Prev Next