Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Arm sleeves for avoiding sun exposure
Quote | Reply
Anyone wear arm sleeves for training / racing? Any particular brand?

I tend to get very tan while training outside during the summer and would like to cover up my arms to help avoid them getting too dark. I tend to get very hot and do not like to wear long sleeve tops while training or racing.
I'm doing Olympic & half distances.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Arm sleeves for avoiding sun exposure [SWBK44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear Despot's cool wings for warm tris, and despot skin cooler long sleeve shirt for hot run races, also own the despot sleeves, but they're a little too tight on top and cause chafing.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: Arm sleeves for avoiding sun exposure [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the chafing is a bummer. the top is not cheap. I was using it for swimming but the chafing is a problem even with body glide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used a pair of white Moeben sleeves in the past with pretty good results. They're very lightweight spandex and you can always soak them in water for cooling.

Quote | Reply
I've got a pair of LG arm coolers that I use occasionally -- your arms will be totally covered if you pair them with a cycling jersey (as opposed to a tri top, which will leave your shoulders exposed). They stay up, and I haven't had any issues with chafing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desoto arm wings and arm coolers. I wear them when coaching football, running, tris, riding, yadda yada yadda...

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not "tri" specific, but check out Athleta and Title Nine sports. They have coverups and rashguards that are UPF 50, they work pretty well for running and biking because they have a snug fit. I think even lululemon has long sleeve/keep-you-cool-while-running type tops.
Quote Reply
Re: Arm sleeves for avoiding sun exposure [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please note that even with arm coolers, you still need to have strong sunscreen on your arms underneath the arm coolers. Read the fine print on DeSoto web site.

BrokenSpoke
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favourites are Craft brand. Better than Sugoi. I buy them in white and they are, unfortunately, prone to turning yellow over time! Blech.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm late to this party, but Machines for Freedom female cycling brand has awesome arm sleeves that are thin and not too hot. I also get a serious tan line every summer, and sweat a lot, and these have been a real help.
Quote Reply
Re: Arm sleeves for avoiding sun exposure [brokenspoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting - I have worn them without sunscreen for many day-long events and never been burned. I've never needed any SPF under them. I suspect some lawyers wrote that :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you don't like wearing long selves you should apply good sunscreen lotions before going out and you should consult a doctor for your tanning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Under Armour HeatGear long sleeve tops: easy to find, UPF50+, super thin/light, work like arm coolers when wet, inexpensive.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply