Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it'll vary by stem size.

my practice is to run something longer than I need...making the connection (or running to the front brake cable stop) at the stem first and then cutting to length at the bullhorns...then installing the brake levers and finally running the cables themselves.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
Where are people finding is the best place to put the Di2 junction box? Strapped to the stem? In the bento box?

Not sure which version SC you are on (sorry if I missed it), but I am on the gen 1, 2011 SC9. I ended up getting a Glen Alden (Alden Designs) cable cover, to replace the original grommet cover, which I slip the junction box into. Here is a pic of his, but i don't know if he is still offering them or not:

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/...ero-cable-cover2.jpg
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shucks, no. Getting a new one. Looks nice though!

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know of a low profile 1 inch steerer dust cover that would fit on a 7 series speed concept? I'm trying to run a cable stop on my steerer, but when I set it above the original dust cover it raises my bars a bit too much. I would just set it on the very bottom, but it's a 1 1/8 inch cable stop so I need to shim it to fit and when I do it doesn't depress the bearings properly and allows for a little play in the steering. I haven't been able to find a 1 inch steerer cable stop either because none I've seen will fit over the little bump out in the head tube.

The simple answer here is to run cable to a fork mounted or brake mounted stop, but that wouldn't look quite as pro...

Register for Tri the Illini! Urbana-Champaign's premier sprint triathlon! Register here: http://www.fightingillinitriathlon.com/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Red X] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this has been discussed before, but I still cannt find a definitive answer.

I'm looking to put one bottle on either the down tube, or seat tube for concentrate. Which aero bottle out there are you all liking and which position is best (down or seat tube). I think I have read somewhere that the bontrager bottle on the seat tube was the "fastest" but that was on a medium frame and not nesessaraly the best position for the large frame, which is what I have. This is for the Gen 2 SC.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [DashLash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would look at the Elite Crono CX aero bottle and run it on the downtube.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cage mount provisions are in exactly the same place...tube shapes are the same...same answer would apply to both sizes.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
cage mount provisions are in exactly the same place...tube shapes are the same...same answer would apply to both sizes.

Thanks Carl! So bontrager aero bottle is best way to go on the seat tube?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pretty much any aero bottle. not to say there aren't (small) differences, but as a rule, aero bottle should go on the seat tube for the SC.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried search but maybe my searching ability is lacking. What is the bolt size for the SC Gen 2 seatpost clamp?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PSA - the newest Zipp hub used on the NSW wheels rubs the inside if the fork legs very lightly on the 9 series. The tolerance seems to be about the thickness of the paint because after a few miles the rubbing was gone and so was a narrow line of paint on the inside of the fork leg.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [b.will] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M5 x 0.8 x 18mm SCM435 with an anti corrosion coating

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl - I have a gen 1 SC 9.5. I have the elbow pads setup as wide as they will go with the aerobars to the inside. Is there a longer extension for the elbow pads, or is my only option to move the pads out wider to flip the aerobars to the outside position and then adjust the pad width using that wider base position? I'm guessing that is the only option.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Z28Diddy

Z28Diddy wrote:
is my only option to move the pads out wider to flip the aerobars to the outside position and then adjust the pad width using that wider base position? I'm guessing that is the only option.

That's the option.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a stem that's longer than one of the "far" ones? I've got a "mid-far" on my new bike and still need a few centimeters of length on the bar ends. I've already go on there the longer monobar, unless there's a trick to move that more forward than what I'm seeing. I can post pics if it helps.

Thanks ahead of time for your help. The bike is BEAUTIFUL!

Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The far stems are as far as we go.

If you're already running a long mono and still need more reach, my next suggestion is to look into the "plug'n'play" mono (PN 438481) where you can throw whatever extensions you want in there.

for example: the carbon ergo extensions (OE on the original SC 9-series) at min-insert in a plug'n'play would put the shifters 12.5cm further out than you can get on the current long-ergo mono. you're only looking for a few cm, so you just slide them back to where you need them.

I've attached an example pic (with a lot of excess extension cut off)

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: May 26, 16 11:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Are the two monobar attachment bolts able to move fore and aft, or are they fixed in place? I keep wanting to loosen them and slide them forward, but it doesn't seem possible.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they can be loosened which allows you to move the mono back and forth. it helps to back out the setscrew in the the tilt cradle a couple turns too. that same setscrew limits the forward range (i.e. you'll never get the mono to slide all the way forward in the slot...that setscrew will always be visible).

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

Any idea whether there will be a totally new Speed Concept for 2017 model?

Any usually the announcement will be made in late June isn't it?

I bought my Speed Concept in June 2014 and crashed it 2 weeks later, frame split into two. As been without a TT bike since. Planning to get another SC. Any crash replacement policy? I'm based in Singapore.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Mankul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mankul

Your local Trek dealer is Treknology ...they can help you with any questions regarding crash replacement.

I'm sorry I can't comment on product releases or announcements in advance.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl, I'm really enjoying the new ride. Since the stock wheels are wider than my rear racing wheel, is the only/best way to adjust pad width is with washers? I fiddled around with adjusting cable length and that didn't seem to work well. I'm running di2 brake lever shifters, so the Bontrager adjustable ones are out.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't adjust cable length...use a 2mm hex wrench through the sides of the brake covers (both sides for front, nondriveside for rear) to adjust the arm spacing to the rim.

See pages 27 and 30-31 in the service manual.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
Hi Mankul

Your local Trek dealer is Treknology ...they can help you with any questions regarding crash replacement.

I'm sorry I can't comment on product releases or announcements in advance.

Appreciate the reply Carl :)

Ive got a question. The eTap TT is out but I cant find any pictures of how the blip box could be nicely integrated. On the Trek P1 webpage, there is an option to choose the eTap TT.

Do you have good pictures to show.how the Blip box and its external wires can be nicely hidden?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

I'm having a new SC built up, and just wanted to check on cranks.
I gather I need a BB90 bottom bracket, but does this limit my choices for cranks at all, or just any 130BCD?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Mankul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, no pictures. The Garmin-like mount fits rather nicely to the surface of the mono-extension. I imagine most folks with Etap TT will mount it to the rear of the mono and run the wires thru the same access notch in the stem cover that Di2 or EPS users do.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply

Prev Next