Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Tour to Cuba
Quote | Reply
We are doing a bike tour in February and March to Havana Cuba leaving south Florida. We are donating our bikes after the bike ride to a local church.

http://www.keylargobike.com/Cuba-Bike-Tour.html

I wanted to update this post and let you know my two trips in Feb and March went very well and I was overwhelmed with not only how authentic these trips were but the impact of giving the bikes to this local church had on not only the members but with the riders that gave them away.
My first trip was testing the waters with some friends and working out the kinks and we had so much fun exploring Havana with our bikes. we had great rides, good workouts, great places to see and the experience of Cuba before it changes. It's going to take a while for it to change, they just don't have the infrastructure yet, but it will happen.
The second tour was with a group of young 28 to 30 year old young men who owned businesses in Venice Beach Ca. I was so impressed with their giving and kind spirits when they gave the bikes to the local pastor. Don't get me wrong, we had fun and hit the town and clubs, but in the end it was about helping some neighbors 90 miles from my bike shop. I have new dates posted on my website if you are interested would love to have you enjoy the experience and help some new friends of mine.
Last edited by: keysmark: Apr 26, 16 15:04
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Tour to Cuba [keysmark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for doing that.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Tour to Cuba [keysmark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool- a place I'd like to visit soon before it changes too much!

Please post on how the trip went, with pix if possible!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Tour to Cuba [whiskeyrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you whiskeyrunner. It was a true blessing to give the bikes to the church in Havana. We have given 7 so far. I want to get 3 more to them and going back again in May and June. Here are a couple of pictures.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Tour to Cuba [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you Sally. The first two trips went off great and going in May and June with another group. Here are some pictures.
Quote Reply