Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What tri goodies did you get for Christmas?
Quote | Reply
Any other winter holiday also acceptable.

I got the cycliq cycling "dashcam." Kinda morbid to buy this thinking, well if anyone plows over me from behind we can use this to find the driver who did it.

I also got 4 pairs of swim goggles, my kids always take them and lose them.

I am reminded I also got a Sony M4 Aqua phone. Completely waterproof and has the ant+ chip in it.
Last edited by: Kevin in MD: Dec 25, 15 10:52
Quote Reply
Re: What tri goodies did you get for Christmas? [Kevin in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kevin in MD wrote:

I got the cycliq cycling "dashcam." Kinda morbid to buy this thinking, well if anyone plows over me from behind we can use this to find the driver who did it.

I bought myself a Garmin Edge 520 - does that count?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
120 sis gels and bars...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wahoo bluetooth HR strap. Score!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: What tri goodies did you get for Christmas? [jpwiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jpwiki wrote:
120 sis gels and bars...

You are obviously a big fan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A stages pm from mom and dad. Gotta love that parents are triathletes aswell.
Quote Reply
Re: What tri goodies did you get for Christmas? [subsubsubelite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wahoo Tickr heart rate monitor to replace Garmin (that regularly gave spikes)

New and bigger fan for indoor training.

Cycling T-Shirt.

Beer :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kevin in MD wrote:

I am reminded I also got a Sony M4 Aqua phone. Completely waterproof and has the ant+ chip in it.

I got the Z5 premium yesterday with the same waterproofing as the M4. Do you plan on using it on deck? I was looking for something for immediate feedback while swimming and found the iPad with life proof a bit bulky. IE not post swim analysis but something that athletes can see right away.

Merry Christmas!

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
None. People know better than to buy tri stuff. How would they to know which one would work for me?

Got a shopvac to tidy up the garage trainer area. Does that count?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a smart TV and sound bar for the torture chamber so I can stop using an ancient laptop.
I also got a new hydration vest for my trail runs.
Last edited by: happyscientist: Dec 25, 15 11:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Desoto shorts and sleeved top but my favourite of all was from the kids, a hand hammered wok. I cannot wait to use it.
Quote Reply
Re: What tri goodies did you get for Christmas? [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the Z5 premium yesterday with the same waterproofing as the M4. Do you plan on using it on deck? I was looking for something for immediate feedback while swimming and found the iPad with life proof a bit bulky. IE not post swim analysis but something that athletes can see right away.

Merry Christmas![/quote]
I had the xperia z1 previously, but I found out some things.

1. The water protection is fine for accidental falls into the water, assuming that the doors are closed. However if you try to get underwater video with it, you will see water intrusion. I did but it never caused a problem. Earlier this year Sony came out and said not to use the phone underwater. I also caught wind that if you try to make a replacement claim and you used it underwater they will say you didn't have the doors closed, won't replace it.

2. but yes, I used my Z1 for instant feedback with swimmers on above water videos, and the one or two times I dropped it while reaching forward to get the good shot, it went in the pool and it's fine. I will use the M4 the same way. I use V1 sports premium for slow motion playback and freeze frame as well - it's the only app I could find for android to do that. It's $5 and well worth it. It's made for golf but served the purpose just fine.

3. Go ahead and lookup Z5 dust cover, or Z5 waterproof cover, or Z5 waterproof door and pay the $10 to have them shipped. Your covers will fall off, matter of when not if. Sony will charge you $80 to replace, but they just slip in there. So have those things sitting in a drawer at your house.

4. On a similar note, for underwater instant feedback the fujifilm xp50 or 60 or 120 or whatever works very well. You can mount it to a 3/4" PVC pole with a pole mount and also get instant feedback with freeze frame right on the camera. The drawback here is that the screen is 2.7", so it's doable but not optimal. I have not yet found another waterproof video camera that has on camera playback with freeze frame and has a larger screen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just went to put the Cycliq Fly 6 on my bike.

I have a softride - no seat tube - nowhere to attach the rear facing camera.

I also have a titanflex, maybe the same problem.

Anyone dealt with this!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got a Surley Fat Bike......Love it. Just need to figure out what pedals and I will be out in the Cold Wisconsin Winter
Quote Reply
Re: What tri goodies did you get for Christmas? [MadisonMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I registered with the Augusta 70.3 and IMFL package as a Christmas present to myself. Told the wife to NOT go out and buy any other gifts for me, and for once, she listened.
Quote Reply
Re: What tri goodies did you get for Christmas? [boilham] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garmin 920XT to replace my totally functioning, but poorly supported, FR305. (Un)lucky enough to have a birthday earlier this week, so I also have a new Tacx Vortex Smart. No excuse not to train all winter...
Quote Reply
Re: What tri goodies did you get for Christmas? [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got some base layers for cold weather running!

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you missed out on a KICKR or SNAP...
Still have a few. new unopened ready to ship.

Doesn't matter if you've have been naughty or nice for goodness sake.

send a pm if wish for info/details.

thanks

Retul Certified Fitter. gebioMized Pressure Mapping http://www.PedPowerPerformLab.com.
Retailer of Wahoo Fitness, Sable Water Optics, Enve Composit, Giro and more.
Zone3 USA Ambassador - use code DEAN25 for 25% off
http://www.OasisOne-Twelve.com - The ultimate hands free hydration system.
https://www.athlinks.com/athletes/19354499 - results.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought myself a new bike :)

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wife got me two pairs of goggles, a new rear tire and a Power 2 Max meter. Special Ops 2.0 - clear and Blue Seventy Hydra Vision - yellow. She told me to decide and we would send the others back so I will give them a full season test so I can make the best decision. I really can't take the yellow ones off since it enhances the tv so much. They may become my running glasses, safety work glasses, reading glasses, watching tv glasses, shooting glasses and swimming glasses. The P2M may go back though since my ten minute test ride on the trainer recorded REALLY low power. I guess it could be me but...come on...I have learned a few things on this forum and one of them is it is obviously the equipment.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kevin in MD wrote:
Just went to put the Cycliq Fly 6 on my bike.

I have a softride - no seat tube - nowhere to attach the rear facing camera.

I also have a titanflex, maybe the same problem.

Anyone dealt with this!

For the Titanflex there is often enough seat post above the beam (depends on your setup).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kevin in MD wrote:
jpwiki wrote:
120 sis gels and bars...

You are obviously a big fan

Seem to be the only gels that I'm able to train/race on which don't upset my stomach
Quote Reply
Re: What tri goodies did you get for Christmas? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a toolbag there that gets in the way, I checked it.

But the softride is my road bike and the bigger issue, not sure I will be able to get into aero position again, so the titanflex is low priority.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd look for a way to lash it to the rear qr lever. That will also address the bounce issue due to the beam.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply

Prev Next