Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
How are you? Dec. 7 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you? Dec. 7 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am okay... I am going to make a general statement: sexual assault is ridiculously, way, way too common. I am fine; but this was brought home for me yesterday and I am reeling from it.

Quote:
Goals for this week: at least 1 day off from running done, swim 5x for at least 10k yards swam only 4x for 7300 yds total, bike 3x twice for 54 mi total but really enjoyed both of them!

totals:
s: 4x = 7300 yds
b: 2x = 54 mi
r: 6x = 54.1 mi

I fly home Thursday. Goals: swim M,T,W,Th, maybe Saturday; bike at least twice; take at least 1 day off from running.
I can't wait to be home!!!! 96 hrs away from PARENTS!!!!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've exchanged messages about it before, if you or anyone you know (TC AND ALL) needs someone to talk to or just vent to or scream at or whatever...reach out to me. I've been there, I've done that, I've gone through it as victim, friend and family member, sometimes it helps to not know the person, sometimes it helps to only know that person has been there & walked the walk. Seriously....Emails, phone calls, text messages, I'm available. Lemmeno. Encourage whoever to talk...talk now, talk to whoever, talk as much as possible, but move forward. Don't retreat into it, don't dwell on it, move forward. It's a momentary thing that you can take & propel into a strength that no one can take away - it's all in how you react to it...and the beginning is critical. No one can take WHO you are away..they may borrow your body but they didn't keep it, they may rent some space in your head...but it's a decision internally whether you make it a short-term lease or a long-term mortgage. Talk. Not just the victim, either, but those close. It affects the entire circle and everyone has to learn how to deal with it & how to propel it forward into a positive thing...which sounds insane but it's so so so true.

I haven't done this for awhile, but these days have all been about prep for this week. Shoulder surgery on Thursday, so I've been cleaning, laundering & living up what I can. Spent the week in "go" mode & spent all weekend charging whitewater, including a 14' waterfall! It was exactly what I needed before I hang up my paddles & helmet for awhile. I'll put my bike on the trainer at some point before surgery & that's where my next 3mo or so will be spent....once I feel like it.

Have a great week womens!

AW
Quote Reply
Re: How are you? Dec. 7 Edition [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
best wishes for the surgery. What are they doing?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope you and those you care about are OK, TC. You're right - it is way too common, and scary. We are looking forward to having you back on the right coast, both literally and figuratively ;o)

No swim, but a 5-mile run and another nice outdoor bike ride, this time on the road. Started back at school, remembered why I'm not an accountant! Getting into Christmas, so it's concert season = busy evenings. Also have acquired some kind of sinus gunk that makes me fearful of drowning when trying to fall asleep, which means I'm not sleeping well and I'm crankier than usual. Aside from that, ticking along. Waiting for holiday bonuses so that I can sign up for more 2016 races and maybe upgrade my road bike (seen a killer deal on a lightly used Felt ZW3 in the perfect tiny-person size).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
labral repair. They're hopeful that's it but have warned me if there's more they'll deal with it too.

Yay for ice, pain meds & learning to be left-handed.

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely it's way too common. And X1000+++ on talking to anyone you trust about it.

Last week:
Another meet, another chance at redemption...
- skate 3x + meet on Sat :-) - DONE and yes got 3 PBs in the day (with ZERO falls), and K absolutely creamed her old times - getting fast she is... :-)
- ride 1x - DONE
- run 2x - DONE
- smarten up and get more sleep/rest, better food choices. - DONE
- finally get that 500m PB I so know I can do. - See above :-)

This week: last meet until late Jan... improve on those times esp 500m...
- skate 3x + meet
- ride 1x
- run 2x
- keep on the food + sleep programme

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry that you/your family/friends are being affected by someone's poor behaviour.

I missed a couple of workouts last week. Plan was:
Quote:
15 miles of running, FTP test + week 1 of Trainerroad Sweet Spot Base, Guppy Week 1
and I got 11 miles of running and only 2 of my guppy workouts. Did all the biking though so pleased about that and my FTP hasn't dropped toooooo much given I haven't trained on the bike since August. Attended two Christmas parties and survived them. Also ate chicken feet, tripe and beef tendon for the first time ever! Registration opened for Calgary 70.3 so I've signed up for that, the MEC Edmonton race series (7 chip timed races for $84!) and a 10k in England in January.

Plans for the coming week: 22 miles of running (going to play this by ear - might be a bit much); 3hrs 30 of Trainer Road and the next three guppy workouts. I also have a swim lesson. Two more Christmas parties to get through as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry you had an experience that brought you into contact with the harsh reality of sexual assault, TC, and I really hope everyone involved is taking steps to move forward and heal. It's a truly horrible experience that takes a lot of strength and support to get through.

Last week's goals:
swim x 3: win with 4
bike x 1: win
run x 5: win
core/strength x 4: win
foam roll x 1: eeh, I did foam roll once, but not the way I should have.

My back is still messed up, but getting better. Turns out the futon I'm now sleeping on in our guest room was screwing with me, and I almost had to call for help when I nearly ended up unable to move while trying to fix it. I think I have it figured out now.

Still a bit of an emotional trainwreck. I waffle between feeling like I deserve better than the few positive gestures my husband has made, and thinking I'm being too demanding. He's never really been a super romantic guy but is it too much to ask that he actually try to win my affections after completely fucking up our life together?

This week's goals:
swim x 3
bike x 1
run x 5
core/strength x 4
foam roll x 1

Forward.

Quote | Reply

Quote:
is it too much to ask that he actually try to win my affections after completely fucking up our life together?

No. And why are YOU on the futon? He screwed up. Make him sleep on the couch :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:

Quote:
is it too much to ask that he actually try to win my affections after completely fucking up our life together?

No. And why are YOU on the futon? He screwed up. Make him sleep on the couch :-)

No you aren't & yeah - you should have kicked him out (of the bed). Or he should have offered if he was really trying to be nice.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you? Dec. 7 Edition [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AWARE wrote:

I haven't done this for awhile, but these days have all been about prep for this week. Shoulder surgery on Thursday, so I've been cleaning, laundering & living up what I can. Spent the week in "go" mode & spent all weekend charging whitewater, including a 14' waterfall! It was exactly what I needed before I hang up my paddles & helmet for awhile. I'll put my bike on the trainer at some point before surgery & that's where my next 3mo or so will be spent....once I feel like it.

Have a great week womens!

Are you a paddler?! I grew up rafting and rowing whitewater, but just started paddling last summer. Loving it so far-its awesome to be more intimate with the water than I am with oars! And best wishes for the surgery-been there, done that, never fun.

Last week was dead week, and this week is finals week (hardest one done already), so pretty much just studying, taking tests, and swim/bike/run (in that order). Really grateful for my teammates who are all rallying each other to survive the rest of the week! Heading home (or to a teammates home!) on Friday or Sunday, so we shall see what the week holds training-wise.

This week:
Swim x2
Bike x4-5 (including one ride via the coast for ~80 miles)
Run x2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had a great week last week, in spite of shin pain. Raced the half distance @HITS in Palm Springs and set a new 70.3 PR by over an hour. Swim was freezing (53 F), bike was deceptive (a lot of false flat) & sharp turn arounds, some good and not so good road surfaces, run was good for the first half, then kind of fell apart, and there was this annoying guy that kept trying to run with me & talk to me expecting me to respond to his questions, but I was just trying to keep breathing and keep my HR down (BTW annoying guy was my coach). I had a lot of friends out there for support and got a lot of random support by wearing my LTS jersey.
Went to urgent care today to try to figure out problem with my shin that I've been having for the last 2 weeks. Did x-rays and diagnosed with shin splints, so no running for at least 2 weeks, just swim and bike & try to maintain fitness to prepare for Rebel Challenge @ Disneyland in mid-January.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you? Dec. 7 Edition [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome work on the PR!
Quote Reply
Re: How are you? Dec. 7 Edition [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Raced the half distance @HITS in Palm Springs and set a new 70.3 PR by over an hour.

woo hoo!!!! That is awesome!!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Quote:
Raced the half distance @HITS in Palm Springs and set a new 70.3 PR by over an hour.

woo hoo!!!! That is awesome!!!!
Thanks, it helped that I had a coach that actually coached me this time. He has a swimming background, so had me swimming twice a week, most times with his master's group, or gave me detailed workouts to do when things conflicted the practice time. He also gave very detailed run and bike workouts, not just run this much or bike this long, there were heart rate targets and intervals, set up very much like the swim workouts that I am familiar with from my many years as a swimmer.
Now on to 3 half-marathons between January and April, and I can't run for 2 weeks.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hugs to tigerchik and mistressk.

Last week was the first week in a looooooooooooong time I felt like I was actually training again. Vacations, travels, birthdays, overeating, etc. are all done (ok, maybe there will be more overeating in the next couple weeks, haha) and I actually got on the bike trainer three times, lifted some weights, did some pre-hab and yoga, and GOT IN THE POOL for the first time since August. I'm slow as shit but hey, nowhere to go but up. I haven't noticed any knee twinges on the bike lately so I'm going to try to run another test mile this weekend (last one a month ago was still painful). Fingers crossed. A spring marathon is out but my usual spring Oly is still a possibility.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you? Dec. 7 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
tigerchik wrote:

Quote:

No you aren't & yeah - you should have kicked him out (of the bed). Or he should have offered if he was really trying to be nice.

I had the bed the first night. The futon messed him up pretty badly, and since he does a heavy labour job I moved to the guest room instead, since I don't need to be in good physical condition in order to go to work. He does keep offering the bed (out of concern for my back), but I think I have the problem solved now. The next time I sleep in our bed I'd like it to be because I feel comfortable sharing it with him.

Thank you all for your support and letting me vent. This hasn't been great for my mental health, but you ladies make it a little easier to keep my feet under me.

Quote | Reply
It's not too much to ask. You deserve to be happy, loved & appreciated. As shitty as it is, I'm glad you know so you can move forward in whatever direction that is. Try to just keep putting one foot in front of the other & let your heart guide you. You can't expect him to be anything other than who he is, but you can expect him to feel like complete dog meat and to want to (& need to) feel like he owes you honesty & truth & whatever you need to make it "ok".

Hang in there...the universe will keep moving forward and you will heal.

AW
Quote Reply
Re: How are you? Dec. 7 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mistressk wrote:
I waffle between feeling like I deserve better than the few positive gestures my husband has made, and thinking I'm being too demanding. He's never really been a super romantic guy but is it too much to ask that he actually try to win my affections after completely fucking up our life together?

No, it's not too much too ask. It is important for you to recognise that you should not feel at any point like what you *need* to feel OK as a human being is being unreasonable or overly demanding. It's OK to tell him what you need.

It is also important to recognise that you on your own can't make it right. You can't do the work that he isn't or won't. He has to do it, and more than that, he has to want to do it. I loved my ex-husband dearly, but I couldn't do the work for both of us to hold the relationship together - and I tried for several years to do so.

Hugs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been MIA because I lost my job. It was sudden and unexpected. It was quite the trauma and I didn't sleep hardly a wink that night. I made a mistake my boss deemed "fire-worthy" and was informed the company has a one strike and you're policy on this type of error.
I have talked to others in my field and they all seem to think it's quite ridiculous.

I have an interview next Tuesday, and it sounds quite promising. I have heard good things about the company.

Last Saturday I had an amazing CX race. After getting the world's worst start, I thought to myself "NO" and quickly regained the lead. I get the lead back just under half way through the first lap and held it until the finish. So, to my amazement, I won. One of the best parts - my husband caught up to me (his race goes off 1 min after us ladies) on the last lap and he rode in with me to celebrate! My friend who likes to take photos got a great finish line shot of the two of us, smiling.

This week - Sat. is the last CX race of the series, husband and I are debating racing since it's not close by. But it's going to be warm weather so we might.

After that, I really need to take a break from just about everything. I have been talking to my sister who is a gym rat for some alternate workouts. I plan to do "something else" unless I feel like biking (still plan to swim 1x a week) until after Dec 31.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you? Dec. 7 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I offer my support. I second all the things the other ladies have already said. TLC. This is stressful, go get a massage or something if you can.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you? Dec. 7 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that. It sounds like you have a good professional network so hopefully you can land something new and better before too long.

Congrats on the win!

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Losing a job is often sucky, but sudden and unexpected is even more so. So sorry to hear that, and I hope your interview proves fruitful.

Good luck with your CX - it is the last race and warm, I advocate going for it :o)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about the job :-( congrats on the CX win though... best wishes for your interview.

Quote Reply

Prev Next