Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Womens Tri saddle
Quote | Reply
What's your favorite saddle for long course triathalons? Tried the ISM Attack and it felt too narrow.
Quote Reply
Re: Womens Tri saddle [akschafer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
akschafer wrote:
What's your favorite saddle for long course triathalons? Tried the ISM Attack and it felt too narrow.

I've tried ISM attack but was uncomfortable after 20miles. I went back to my Fizik Arione tri.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride an Adamo Podium, which I think is slightly wider than the Attack. Really like it... I use one on both my tri and road bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got the Cobb Max & I like it "OK" so far............
Also got the Cobb JOF 55 on ebay......haven't received it yet....

Was using the Adamo race saddle & I just was getting SO CHAFED !!!!!!!!!

It just sucks that they are soooooo expensive & I can't keep dropping ~$200 each time I want to try a new saddle because my crotch is on fire !!!!

;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Womens Tri saddle [cassidyfit1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear you! Saddles are way overpriced. I just ordered the Cobb vflow plus from Amazon so will see how it works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just an FYI if you order from Cobb directly, they have a "90 day comfort guarantee".

I got both of mine on e bay so I don't know how it works exactly...... but that's what it says on their website ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Womens Tri saddle [Ironfit84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironfit84 wrote:
akschafer wrote:

I've tried ISM attack but was uncomfortable after 20miles. I went back to my Fizik Arione tri.

Interesting. I have been riding my road bike until now, and am looking to buy a tri bike this winter. I have the Fizik Donna on all of my bikes. I might have to try their Arione tri saddle with the new bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Adamo Prologue on my road bike (with aero bars) because it felt great in the store when getting my fitting for several hours. Then in actual practice, it doesn't feel nearly as good. It's darn right uncomfortable after an hour or so. It feels like it sits wrong on my sit bones and my thighs seem to rub- no chafe, but it feels wrong. I have the Adamo Road on my tri bike and love it. I moved it over to my road bike to try for awhile over the winter (I commute on that one). Not sure if the issue is the saddle overall or the combo of saddle and the geometry of the bike. I swear the Prologue feels wider, but the photo looks like it is narrower with more padding than the Road.
When I first bought my road bike, I went through 4 saddles before I settled on a Specialized with a groove in the middle. It was quite narrow and firm and I really liked it. That's when I discovered the magical groove. The lady bits have to have somewhere to fit into!
Quote Reply
Re: Womens Tri saddle [afdrmom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My tri bike came with a Prologo Nago Evo Tri, which was absolutely terrible for me. I have an Adamo Breakaway on it now, which is the same shape as the Prologue with less padding.... It sounds like I am having exactly the same problem that you are! Based on the location of my post-ride sore spots, I also think it's too wide. Based on reviewing their website, I'm thinking about a Road, or Attack, or PN 1.1, all of which are narrower. It sounds like that might be a better fit.

I have a Selle Italia Diva on my road bike; it's not light enough for the weight weenies, but it has revolutionised my cycling comfort!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update- used my Adamo Road for the 104 mile Tour de Tucson today. Awesome!!!! Looks like I need to make a permanent switch for the road bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a saddle for my wife's new road bike. She has the ISM Prologue on her tri bike but doesn't find it truly comfortable. Has anyone have much experience with the Terry Butterfly Century saddle? Or the Terry Butterfly Ti Gel saddle?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CassidyFit1, I'm curious how you're making out with the Cobbs. Ladybits feeling better yet?!

I'm hunting around still and the Cobb website suggested I might like the Randee, but I don't have any experience with Cobb at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Womens Tri saddle [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK so I got the Max & the JOF 55. I am liking the 55 better (as of now). I've been using about 2 weeks so far. Still trying to tweak my position in general because I had shoulder surgery & can't get into my aerobars yet......so that being said.....when I can get aero again & ride like I'm SUPPOSED to it might feel different.....

Such a struggle !!!!

Overall I DO like the Cobb saddles though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the update - good luck getting back to where you want to be!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly the PRO TT aerofuel made by Shimano/PRO is the best on the market.

Angela Naeth
http://www.angelanaeth.com
http://www.iracelikeagirl.com
Quote Reply