Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tired mind
Quote | Reply
Am in a mind fatigue right now. Finding motivation is difficult...was off last year for a hamstring injury, fighting get on my bike....spent most of my time golfing. have been successful in tri's, (olympics) and want to get back but, wow, where is the motivation!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: tired mind [boohage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try some speed golf to get you running again.
Maybe register for a local fund raising bike ride?
Visit a new master's swim group.
Tell us more about your training/racing pre injury and what activities you like.
Oh, and plan to come to "camp" at Xantusia next year.
I went for one ride w the bunch and ate and drank the rest of the time...
KS

Karen ST Concierge
Last edited by: STConcierge: Sep 4, 15 9:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't been motivated for the last couple of years. I think I'm getting focused & then life derails me.

I've decided that if it was something I truly cared about, I'd be doing it. So until then, I'll do my little bits here & there while life settles out a bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're fighting to get on the bike, try swimming or running and see if either is more appealing.
You could commit to 15 min of a sport each day for a couple of weeks and build from there.
You could volunteer at a race.
You could find a group to train with and see if the social part helps.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Sep 4, 15 16:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear you. Don't force it. Find something you enjoy doing among your other life obligations at this point in time. Triathlon will always be there. I volunteered at an aid station yesterday, and saw two athletes in their mid-late 70s. Don't do it if it feels like an obligation. We all have low points in our motivation to train, but when it's a mental struggle to start every workout, it's time to take a break. I'm taking some time off starting today, however long it takes me to feel like I'll go crazy if I don't go for a run. My last race of the season was yesterday.
Quote Reply
Re: tired mind [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sounds like great advice...the speed golf for sure. thanks
Quote Reply
Re: tired mind [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great thoughts...always think i need to do hours of training. thanks
Quote Reply
Re: tired mind [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the advice. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
boohage wrote:
sounds like great advice...the speed golf for sure. thanks

http://speedgolfinternational.com/

Do it!!!!!

https://search.yahoo.com/...01&type=sbc_dial
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh man I hear ya, I've had some serious mental funks before. If the motivation isn't there, then don't force it, do what you want. I started coaching kids in two sports the last two years and love it, I find it helps keep me motivated in other sports. Other posters talked about volunteering - same thing - maybe look for ways to keep your passion for sport alive without feeling like you've committed to a 20hr/week training sked...

Or you could try a really old secret (which works for me): buy new XXX (for me it's runners and socks oh yeah baby, nothing gets me running more than a flash new pair!) :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: tired mind [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
Oh man I hear ya, I've had some serious mental funks before. If the motivation isn't there, then don't force it, do what you want. I started coaching kids in two sports the last two years and love it, I find it helps keep me motivated in other sports. Other posters talked about volunteering - same thing - maybe look for ways to keep your passion for sport alive without feeling like you've committed to a 20hr/week training sked...

Or you could try a really old secret (which works for me): buy new XXX (for me it's runners and socks oh yeah baby, nothing gets me running more than a flash new pair!) :-)

AP

I always go faster when I buy a new swimsuit, cap and goggles. Matching, of course.
KS

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply