Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [JayPeeWhy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I missed what the other podium females where saying on the awards stage. What was said? Curious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JayPeeWhy wrote:
So far we have had a DQ from Ironman Canada in 2015 and a stripping of results from the Vancouver Half Iron in 2014

There has been a lot of speculation regarding the performance of Julie Miller at the ITU Long Course World Championship in China in 2014.

A run that decimated all in her age group - 1hr 23m 43s (some 6 minutes faster than anyone else in her AG over just 20km) and a run that decimated most of the pro / elite female field (she had the 4th Fastest Female time compared to all Elite/ Pro Women - beating Andrea Hewett (NZ) and Laura Bennett (USA)

The lady who came 2nd in the 40-44 Age Group, thereby losing the right to call herself a World Champion, is Victoria Hill who was representing Great Britain. Victoria is a super consistent athlete and a great runner. Following the recent DQ's and after a year of uncertainly she has decided to come forward with her version of events at that World Championship race.

Here's what she had to say:

Quote:

At the time in Weihai, the result was always a mystery. Julie had clearly crossed the line in front of me..... I only clocked [saw] her on our last lap. I knew I was catching her, there was no way she is a faster runner than me. At the finish, the results said I had won which of course she challenged. She had crossed the line in front of me so I accepted I had come 2nd. The results were a debacle, it took ages for them to do our awards ceremony and then it transpired that her chip had been lost/something went wrong with it. I had no reason to think otherwise.

When the results finally came out on the website, it showed that she had come off the bike after me and then ran a faster time than me. I always knew this was wrong as I know for a fact no girl past me on the run. As this part is my strength, I normally do the passing on the run so would be well aware of another female passing me. The results only got published on line the next day and I never challenged it. In hindsight, of course I should have done but I just assumed she had come off the bike well in front of me and that I could not quite get her on the run. It was a 3 lap bike and a 4 lap run so somewhere she obviously ....

The third placed girl is also in contact with Victoria and they are looking to pursue the matter with ITU.

In the interest of honesty and transparency, can you disclose what affiliation you have with the people that the guilty party cheated?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3Aims wrote:
I missed what the other podium females where saying on the awards stage. What was said? Curious.

x2, calling jaypee!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [boney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boney wrote:
"if you discount for a moment this silo of her behavior"

How can we possibly discount it?

I have some friends, non-cycling folk, who thought the world of LA and all the good he did. He preached the gospel and they were truly shaken to the core when they discovered the real truth about him and the sham his life/recovery etc turned out to be.

Different kind of cheating for sure, but the same (or at least similar) type of person.

Hardly. One person has millions of dollars to benefit from, and another is an AGer. I'd be more disappointed in LA if he didn't "level" the playing field.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good job, JayPeeWhy. It's important to keep the baseline facts in a/the thread. This needs to be on the record to create some energy towards a resolution (in whatever form that may take...admission of guilt, apology, suspension, banishment...whatever). Perhaps it will also serve as a deterrent to those who may consider being a little too creative in getting to the finish line quickly in the future. I don't accept arbitrary censoring and am not happy that this thread has been censored, but I also respect that this shouldn't become a gong show, unmoderated free-for-all. The opinions expressed by the many serve to demonstrate a consistent and collective set of values....sportsmanship and fair play being among them. It is a means to an end...justice will not be denied. Fortunately, this has been allowed to play out on this forum to the point where it has achieved a critical mass and can't be ignored, regardless of the censorship.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [aravilare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is married to one of the IMC podium finishers in JM's AG.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [wbattaile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wbattaile wrote:

As JayPeeWhy's best friend in the whole world (just kidding) I must say, from the beginning, this had zero to do with Claire's placing. She had her Kona slot. This was, from the beginning, the absolute questioning of the legitimacy of the first place racer by other podium members and outside observers who questioned her in this race and previous events. I assure you, his pursuit of the truth here had very little to do with where his wife stood on the podium. She was going to suffer with him in Kona either way that this went.

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
wbattaile wrote:

As JayPeeWhy's best friend in the whole world (just kidding) I must say, from the beginning, this had zero to do with Claire's placing. She had her Kona slot. This was, from the beginning, the absolute questioning of the legitimacy of the first place racer by other podium members and outside observers who questioned her in this race and previous events. I assure you, his pursuit of the truth here had very little to do with where his wife stood on the podium. She was going to suffer with him in Kona either way that this went.

Brent
\

Which is why, of course, he disclosed his conflict of interest in the very beginning because it didn't matter. Oops, oh wait.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"How can we possibly discount it?"

let me put it this way. JFK cheated on his wife, was true to his country. Nixon cheated on his country, was true to his wife. we want to think of people in binary terms. in my experience, people aren't binary. i have foxhole friends upon whom i absolutely rely who i would never in a million years trust in business, or trust in love. i didn't grow up thinking this. i just was constrained by experience to change my view.

you brought up lance. i've known lance since he was a teenager, and i'm here to tell you - regardless of the shit i'll take for it - he's one of those foxhole types. there are any number of areas where i would absolutely trust lance and rely upon him. in fact, i'm beyond certain lance would never cut a course. but lance has areas where he is just not honorable. those who know me implicitly might say in response to that: pot-kettle.

i don't know julie, but if you're asking for my best uneducated guess those who felt she was a true friend, a loving wife and mom, a great worker, a tireless volunteer, etc., etc., did not lose the true friend, loving mom, etc. so, those folks can take this behavior we're discussing, set it aside for a moment, and consider the rest. i doubt the rest has changed.

the evidence discussed points to a silo of her life that doesn't comport with the rest, but that doesn't mean all the rest need be discounted.

Comparing Lance's situation to an AGer is off base because he had so much more to gain. But at the same time, consider that he could (somewhat legitimately) believe he was "leveling the playing field" and "everyone was doing it". In contrast, she knows exactly what she's doing, and there's no fooling oneself that "everyone's cutting the course".

She may be everything her friends say outside of racing, but it is fairly irrelevant to this discussion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aravilare wrote:
dfru wrote:
wbattaile wrote:

Brent
\

Which is why, of course, he disclosed his conflict of interest in the very beginning because it didn't matter. Oops, oh wait.

Pretty sure he disclosed it on the other thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know anyone on this board, and with the other thread down cannot be sure - but I believe it was disclosed on the other thread. Sometimes when a conversation starts, it can continue on without going back and repeating yourself.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, just offering up a possible explanation. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Jason
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Dan Funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

I type too slow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aravilare wrote:
dfru wrote:
wbattaile wrote:

Brent
\

There was a ton of behind the scenes stuff going on, of which I am not privy, and he put a good amount of it together. I don't see where his conflict of interest is. His wife did not win the AG. She is still going to Kona. Curious...did he do something wrong in bringing this to light?

Did I do something wrong in finding the Vancouver results from 2014?

This is a pattern of behavior (race behavior only, apparently) that if multiple people hadn't put it all together, would have resulted in Marla Zucht (sp) NOT going to Kona in a spot she earned. Having put it five IM attempts in to qualify for Kona myself (which I finally did at IMC, and I have GPS to back it up :) ) I know how hard she must've worked to get there. That fact, that the rightful 3rd placer got her spot to Kona, is the important part of this outcome. And for that I think JayPeeWhy should be commended.

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He had disclosed he was married to one of the women early in the deleted thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aravilare wrote:
dfru wrote:
wbattaile wrote:

Brent
\

It has been disclosed several times. Apparently, you missed it, while many of the rest of us saw it.

------------------------
Loud pawls save lives
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
aravilare wrote:
dfru wrote:
wbattaile wrote:

Brent
\

There was a ton of behind the scenes stuff going on, of which I am not privy, and he put a good amount of it together. I don't see where his conflict of interest is. His wife did not win the AG. She is still going to Kona. Curious...did he do something wrong in bringing this to light?

This is a pattern of behavior (race behavior only, apparently) that if multiple people hadn't put it all together, would have resulted in Marla Zucht (sp) NOT going to Kona in a spot she earned. Having put it five IM attempts in to qualify for Kona myself (which I finally did at IMC, and I have GPS to back it up :) ) I know how hard she must've worked to get there. That fact, that the rightful 3rd placer got her spot to Kona, is the important part of this outcome. And for that I think JayPeeWhy should be commended.

Brent

His wife was involved in that AG, it's reasonable for people to expect him to disclose it. It's definitely in his interest to preface his comments since JM is pretty obviously guilty.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [BionicTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BionicTri wrote:
aravilare wrote:
dfru wrote:
wbattaile wrote:

Brent
\

It has been disclosed several times. Apparently, you missed it, while many of the rest of us saw it.

No, it was disclosed in the previous thread, that got deleted. Non-biased people would want a record of that here. Apparently, the plane soared way over your head.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Writerguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He not only disclosed it, he pointed out that his wife was the 'short, crazy one in the middle' in the photo showing the 5 podium finishers in the F40-44 AG. That's a fact, Jack.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aravilare wrote:
dfru wrote:
aravilare wrote:
dfru wrote:
wbattaile wrote:

Brent
\

Brent

His wife was involved in that AG, it's reasonable for people to expect him to disclose it. It's definitely in his interest to preface his comments since JM is pretty obviously guilty.

It was in the other thread (I was pretty sure it was, but others confirmed it - I didn't pay attention since I know the Youngs) but in every discussion JPY and I have had in regards to this - every one - NEVER was Claire's placing discussed. So, with it already disclosed early, I'm glad we got it all cleared up!

Brent

Last edited by: dfru: Aug 27, 15 20:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
aravilare wrote:
dfru wrote:
aravilare wrote:
dfru wrote:
wbattaile wrote:

Brent
\

Brent

It was in the other thread (I was pretty sure it was, but others confirmed it - I didn't pay attention since I know the Youngs) but in every discussion JPY and I have had in regards to this - every one - NEVER was Claire's placing discussed. So, with it already disclosed early, I'm glad we got it all cleared up!

Brent

It was. Unfortunately, that entire thread was deleted and is now invisible to new readers...
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Runout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runout wrote:
He not only disclosed it, he pointed out that his wife was the 'short, crazy one in the middle' in the photo showing the 5 podium finishers in the F40-44 AG. That's a fact, Jack.

Yep, can you link the post? Oh wait...
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"She may be everything her friends say outside of racing, but it is fairly irrelevant to this discussion."

if you're saying the relevant discussion is the recitation facts and the data that demonstrate race course behavior that is either in accordance or at odds with the rules, i'm with you, brother. very happy to host that discussion.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aravilare wrote:
BionicTri wrote:
aravilare wrote:
dfru wrote:
wbattaile wrote:

Brent
\

No, it was disclosed in the previous thread, that got deleted. Non-biased people would want a record of that here. Apparently, the plane soared way over your head.

Ha ha. Nice try. You aren't worth arguing with and the other responses to your posts are proving it. Good luck with your twitch hunt.

------------------------
Loud pawls save lives
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aravilare wrote:
Runout wrote:

Yep, can you link the post? Oh wait...

Pretty sure that everyone who is reading this thread has read the other thread as well. Don't know why you're still grasping at this.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [BionicTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BionicTri wrote:
aravilare wrote:
BionicTri wrote:
aravilare wrote:
dfru wrote:
wbattaile wrote:

Brent
\

Ha ha. Nice try. You aren't worth arguing with and the other responses to your posts are proving it. Good luck with your twitch hunt.

Thanks! Good luck with Claire! Not sure white knights work, but maybe!
Quote Reply

Prev Next