Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DI2 ?s - Battery charger/checking charge
Quote | Reply
I have a DI2 ultegra that I picked up here and it all works just trying to figure out how to check the battery and if my charger is working.

1. I have the SM-EW67 junction, with road shifters it says press up/down buttons at the same time and it shows battery level on LED's, if I press the 2 buttons on my tt shifters (rear d up/down) it shows red.
If I unplug the battery and plug it back in the LED's flash Green. Whats the correct way to determine charge level ?

2. When I plug the battery in the charger (external Battery) it doesnt light up, is that normal for a fully charged battery? I road about 300mi pulled the battery and put it on the charger and still no lights? Does it only light up if the charge is below a certain % ?
Last edited by: Rover24: Aug 5, 15 6:01
Quote Reply
Re: DI2 ?s - Battery charger/checking charge [Rover24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sounds like your battery is getting low and there is a problem with your charger.

The light on the charger does go out when it's charged, but if you aren't seeing anything I would concerned.

It sounds like you are checking the charge correctly on the bike itself.

Do you know a shop or someone else who has a different charger you can try?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't press up and down buttons at same time to check battery. Just one of either buttons. Hold until led comes on. Solid green is 75-100%, flashing green 50-75%, flashing red 25-50%, solid red 0-25%.
Quote Reply
Re: DI2 ?s - Battery charger/checking charge [goodboyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
You don't press up and down buttons at same time to check battery. Just one of either buttons. Hold until led comes on. Solid green is 75-100%, flashing green 50-75%, flashing red 25-50%, solid red 0-25%.

I think that is the procedure for the 5 port junction box, not the SM-EW67.

Quote Reply
Re: DI2 ?s - Battery charger/checking charge [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its the same for both
Quote Reply
Re: DI2 ?s - Battery charger/checking charge [ziggys101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Its the same for both

Interesting. I could have sworn I saw the 2 button procedure in the Dealer Manual before I responded, but now I only see the press and hold. Odd.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your sharing. To battery charger, the more that I know about is how to use bestek 150w power inverter to charge camera battery when travelling around the city. Now I have acquired how to use this tool in safe way. Easy to connect this charger with our car cigarette lighter charger outlet, then you can charge any tools safely. If you need to know more details about this charger, you can search bestekmall on Google. Wish this point is helpful to you.
Quote Reply
Re: DI2 ?s - Battery charger/checking charge [ziggys101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ziggys101 wrote:
Its the same for both

It is the same for both 5 and 3 port current style (E-Tube) junction A boxes. This is the older style. It may be different?
Quote Reply