Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA [Andrew69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which do you like the most and why of all the current superbikes?

Dimond, Ventum, Cervelo P5, Trek Speed Concept, Felt IA, Quintana Roo PR6 or Specialized Shiv? (probably forgot a few)

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This could be a whole new thread....my personal opinion....
I like the Felt IA the best.
Dimond and Falco V are also pretty sweet but definitely cost more than I am willing to cough up.
Cervelo P5 isn't bad but doesn't get me super excited. Same goes for the Trek Speed Concept...not really a huge fan of the looks.
The ugliest of the bunch though, again, IMO, is the Ventum. If I am going to use the term 'fugly', I would reserve it for the Ventum.
But that is just me and my thoughts.

Rick

BryanD wrote:

Dimond, Ventum, Cervelo P5, Trek Speed Concept, Felt IA, Quintana Roo PR6 or Specialized Shiv? (probably forgot a few)
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [keqwow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually like the look of the Ventum. I saw the P5 today at my local shop. I still get excited when I see it but sometimes I think it looks out of date compared to all the new stuff

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it goes back to personal opinion again. I keep looking at the Ventum trying to "like" it, but there is just something about the lines I don't like. I can wrap my head around the looks of the Dimond/Falco being so different from a conventional bike, but i just can't seem to learn to like the Ventum.
The QR P6 is a cool looking bike but it doesn't really stand out compared to the rest of the bikes on the list you just mentioned. Everything else really pops out when you walk through transition and eyeball everyone's bikes.

BryanD wrote:
I actually like the look of the Ventum. I saw the P5 today at my local shop. I still get excited when I see it but sometimes I think it looks out of date compared to all the new stuff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

I know my post is rather (ok, very!) subjective (yes I'm Shallow Hal when it comes to bikes), but I like where the folks at Dimond and especially Ventum are headed (build the fastest bike period). Both bikes also look good to me.
The SC has never swayed me either way (love how Trek were first with storage integration)
Felt just looks too chucky to me (yet if the AR was more widely available in Oz I would have it right up there on a list of potential aero road bikes to purchase)
The QR is much like the Trek, never really gave it much thought.
Love the look of the Shiv TT. Shiv Tri, nope.
The P5 had me going when first released (I ride a P3C now), but just seems too much trouble to travel with (Im not saying it is, just my impression from reading various threads on various topics about the P5)
A P3 on the other hand would suit me just fine.
The Plasma 5 also seems to fit the bill, but again, availablity here isn't great

In the end, even my P3C is more than enough bike for me, so all this is nothing more than chin wagging on my part.
And as I said, Im gald all the manfacturers are taking tri more seriously these days and thinking outside the box, giving our sport such a wide variety of bikes to choose from and pushing the envelope with each new design
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there any word on potential UK pricing yet?
I can't imagine the base model retailing for less than £2,500.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
have no idea about uk pricing.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping someone comes up with a new Hotta-like frame, that always looked the fastest to me. Deep down we all know that beyond a P3C with a tidy front end, you're better off training more than spending on the latest and greatest super bike, so it really just boils down to aesthetics and the love of new toys.

SteveMc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bikeradar has the UK pricing: http://www.bikeradar.com/...e-up-revealed-44526/

Edit: Nevermind, the IA1x are missing :(
Last edited by: lsousa: Jul 17, 15 3:14
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
my beef with this industry was frames that started at $4,500 and went up to $10,000. this left little room for the tinkerer who wanted a really first class frame at a reasonable price.

I like framesets because I get left with so many parts after a build on a complete bike. Saddles, bars, cranks, wheels, brake calipers are the usual suspects. I have a small army of Fi'zi:k Arione Tri Ti saddles as I can't remember the last time I let a bike leave with that horrible saddle on. Much simpler to build up with quality parts from the beginning.

Felt generally pretty good - my AR1 frameset priced well enough that it wasn't much penalty at all to build with Campag Chorus, EE Brakes, Quarq etc.

I don't even see it as a matter of getting a first class frameset and scrounging the rest - it's things like the powermeter (probably 50% of bikes I sell will have one), making sure rim width and 1st cog location are the same between training and racing wheels, right bars etc.

Have already pestered the distributor about IAx pricing...
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [lsousa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's actually quite useful, thanks.

I can look at the dollar costs for the bikes listed in the Bikeradar article and get a rough idea of $ -> £ conversion for prices
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New article from Aero Geeks
http://aerogeeks.com/...-felt-ia-first-look/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have pics of the IA 16?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [The Sloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any idea on a ship date????
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [metcalf34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone like this bike more than the IA? The bottle cage mounts on the downtube and the mount on the back of the seatpost seems so much nicer than the regular IA

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Does anyone like this bike more than the IA? The bottle cage mounts on the downtube and the mount on the back of the seatpost seems so much nicer than the regular IA

Well the mounts on the back of the seat tube are of questionable use so far, we will have to wait and see if anyone comes up with a good use for them.

But yes, I think lots of people like the IAx better than the IA.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [metcalf34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
metcalf34 wrote:
Any idea on a ship date????
I read December on the IA10 and IA14, and January on the IA16.

FYI - Felt has not decided, according to what I was told last Friday, whether or not the IA10 frameset will be available for purchase.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think with the right aerobar and the TriRig Omega X brake, the IAx could test faster than the IA.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am told the IA16 info was premature and it will be announced for a spring 2016 release (just for the ia16)

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This. Or a Magura front, although the rear mount won''t handle one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

i like the dimond the most personally out of the ones you listed looks good and fast but i think that canyon prototype that frodo and nils rode is the best because they solved flat, hydration and nutrition storage with a long-low geometry ( !!!!!!! )
i like the new ia that came out that is cheap due to the better geometry and price for an amazing frame would probably actually buy this one
spec shiv is not a superbike
ventum is probably the worst looking bike on the market imo but i really like the originality and i think it's probably a great bike
p5 is p5
the 7.5 sc is a pretty good deal
i think i would prefer the cd0.1 over the pr6
Last edited by: eggplantOG: Jul 20, 15 19:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sort of ridiculous to think it would be faster. W out a wind tunnel we have no idea...
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [bluesmachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Considering Felt themselves said the bare frame is actually faster (the head-tube is now 1:11 without the Bayonet fairing), it's not ridiculous at all. If it's the stock components that slow it down, then potentially a better bar, stem and brake combo would match, if not improve, on the IA. Let's not forget that there's some evidence (admittedly biased, as it's manufacturer data) that shows a P2 with TriRig cockpit ends up a touch faster than a P5-Six.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
BryanD wrote:

Well the mounts on the back of the seat tube are of questionable use so far, we will have to wait and see if anyone comes up with a good use for them.

But yes, I think lots of people like the IAx better than the IA.

I'd be curious to see how people get on with putting an aero bottle cage there and using it for their feed bottle, rather than putting it on the downtube.

An Xlab TT or similar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have pretty long arms (can grab a behind-the-seat bottle with the other arm still in the bars) but even I wouldn't consider an aero bottle (with the finicky cages) a viable option back there. Now, a Torhans VR cut open as a repair-kit holder, that sounds more like what I'd do with that option.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply

Prev Next