Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help cleaning up our lists (fitters, shops, etc.)?
Quote | Reply
Hi Ladies:
Slowman posted this on the Main Forum, I thought I'd post here as well, since we’re looking for everyone’s valuable input.

"asking for a little help here. we have "lists" here on slowtwitch that we maintain, that help you, or are intended to help you, figure out what races, bike fitters, bike shops, clubs, run stores you might want to patronize. but a list is only as good as... the list. so, mostly, i want to make sure that the list is up-to-date, that is, that our lists do not have entries that are no longer there, out of business, not current. if you can give me a hand it would be appreciated. and i'm just talking about those in your area. here are our databases:

local run shops
local bike shops
local tri clubs
local bike fitters
race calendar

as to the race calendar, we've already asked you about this, and we've contacted every RD of every race you all listed as races you want to do that aren't on our calendar. we can't force the RD to put the race on our calendar, or help us put his race on our calendar. some people just refuse to be helped. still, if there's a race you're doing that's not listed, we'd love to know about it.

as to the other lists, mostly i'm looking for clubs, stores, etc., who are OUT of business, so we can REMOVE them from the dbase. what i am NOT looking for is whether an entry on our dbase is doing well or poorly at his job. that is a comment you make on the company's entry itself (we let you both RATE the business and we let you comment on the business).

we have a set of drill-down menus on the left of each database home page. the are regions, you hit the (+) sign, the region expands into states. that's as low as we drill. we're working on a giant google map so that we can stick all these dbase entries on one map (and you can zoom in and see all the tri-related assets in your area on one map. but we don't have that for now.

thanks in advance for your help."
Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: Help cleaning up our lists (fitters, shops, etc.)? [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are several run stores in my immediate neighborhood who aren't in the database. It sounds like he's doing clean-up as opposed to wanting additions. Correct?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Help cleaning up our lists (fitters, shops, etc.)? [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Jen:
Cleaning up is vital, but we also want to know about non-listed shops.
I've been contacting shops about adding themselves to the lists.
Please give me your suggestions along with names of contact people.
I'll send an email w links for registering and adding themselves.
Thanks!
KS

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: Help cleaning up our lists (fitters, shops, etc.)? [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd love to add my company to the list! RUNLOVEBOX is a subscription for female athletes - every month we send out a box of gear, nutritional products, and other goodies :)
http://www.runlovebox.com
Quote Reply
Re: Help cleaning up our lists (fitters, shops, etc.)? [alyssa7_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it is indeed a bike shop, a fitter, a coach, or a tri club, then there is a directory for that. ( Look at the top of the ST home page. )
If you are a registered user, then you can do the entry...
KS

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Karen!! Sena here. :-) I just added Yuba Sutter Triathlon Club to the Tri Club list. Everything else for the area looks pretty current.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there - I just commented on Speedy Reedy and Mr. Crampy's in the Northwest, Washington. They have both closed.

Very sad. I don't think we have any more try-specific shops in the Seattle area.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not in Seattle proper or adjacent, but...
Northwest Tri and Bike, too far to be relevant?
http://www.slowtwitch.com/....php?retailer_id=544

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a bit of a drive but if they are worth it, athletes will drive there.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So helpful! Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Twinforks Multisport Club no longer exists.

Quote Reply