Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: BMC TM01 upgrades - Top tube bag [texafornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It stays on quite well. However, I had to hand stitch the velcro to the bottom of the bag due to the bag material.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 upgrades - Top tube bag [texafornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The key is the adhesive used to glue the velcro on to the frame. Unless you want a permanent bond, you gotta use weaker adhesives. As we developed out packs, we tested this adhesive option as well, but there were concerns about adhesion in high heat (say, a black frame for many hours in the summer sun in texas, etc.), how well it would hold if the pack contained heavier items, and also paint damage. Because, ultimately, the adhesive is not holding on to your frame, it is holding on to the surface of your frame, which is your paint. If you're brave, a better and far more secure solution would be to install top tube bosses (rivnuts). Not hard to do.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 upgrades - Top tube bag [kraton77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kraton77 wrote:
I am in search for top tube bags fitting to the TM01. Are the "regular" ones working with the aero septets and/or the variable stem? Or is the "vertical" strap not used then?

The Speedpack 483 is top tube pack designed specifically for superbikes like the TM01. If it helps, we have a photo of one mounted on a BMC here.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
More on the BMC with Sampson Aerobars-climbs better than CerveloP5 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Sampson aerobars are phenomenal. Because they have so much reach plus the upturned bends, descending feels like being on a road bike.

Also, went riding with a friend on Sunday who was on his brand new Cervelo P5.
- we switched bikes. He said about the BMC "My God, this bike is fast!" I thought the P5 felt very stable and the frame did seem to transmit power well on the flats. But the ride was really muted. The BMC has a more lively feel.
- climbing. The P5 climbs well if you spin at a high cadence. Out of the saddle it is totally awful. The BMC climbs better both seated and standing. To this end it is interesting that Cervelo spec's it with 36/52 front chain ring. Maybe to encourage spinning?

- my friend wants to swap out the bars on the P5, primarily because the bar is too narrow and doesn't have up turned bar ends. The P5 doesn't really allow that swap.
But the BMC gives you the flexibility. Perhaps the P5 is too "super" of a super bike?

It seems that the P5 is likely a great solution for long flattish courses like Kona but the BMC is more versatile and better suited for courses that have significant climbs like Wildflower. It's probably a more interesting bike to train with as well if you like variety.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey all,

I am the proud owner of a TMR01/ultegra build. Unfortunately, racing in a crit this past weekend I was involved in a crash that ended up twisting my handlebars, running the integrated fork into the bumper on the frame - the shearing force caused a crack in the fork.

I've contacted a LBS that's a BMC dealer and they're working on getting an idea of how to get a potential replacement fork and price (thinking it won't be cheap...). However, was wondering if any of you were aware of another way to replace the fork? I've looked into multiple carbon frame repair shops, but their websites say they're unwilling to work on forks due to liability reasons.

At the very least, you can join me in mourning for the best bike I've ever ridden...
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [oldham0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So sorry, man. I only have a TMO2 and it's a dream bike. I can only imagine what an 01 would be like. At least it's just the fork and not the frame... or your head.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 upgrades - Top tube bag [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
kraton77 wrote:
I am in search for top tube bags fitting to the TM01. Are the "regular" ones working with the aero septets and/or the variable stem? Or is the "vertical" strap not used then?

The Speedpack 483 is top tube pack designed specifically for superbikes like the TM01. If it helps, we have a photo of one mounted on a BMC here.

Wow, so glad I saw this...getting one ASAP

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 upgrades - Top tube bag [coopdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks DarkSpeedWorks. I just placed my order for the 483. It will be a perfect addition to my TM02.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 upgrades - Top tube bag [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Can somebody explain the seatpost to me? Is this a soon to come bmc?
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 upgrades - Top tube bag [cannedham1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cannedham1 wrote:
Thanks DarkSpeedWorks. I just placed my order for the 483. It will be a perfect addition to my TM02.

Thanks, it's been shipped and it's on the way. Hope it serves you well!

--
Quote Reply
di2 stem integration options on TM02? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in the process of upgrading my TM02 to di2. Has anybody got a nice solution for integrating the junction box at the stem? I'd like to keep it as tidy as possible.

Also, if anyone has any close up photos of their di2 upgrade it would be useful to see so I can see what I'm aiming for!
Quote Reply
Re: di2 stem integration options on TM02? [jimmeebee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Hi, this is my solution. Clean. I only used a small bolt + screw to fix.
Quote Reply
Re: di2 stem integration options on TM02? [glauberlima] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello all. Am thrilled to report that not only am I home from deployment, but I had ordered a TM02 at a great discount while I was underway and I went on the inaugural first ride today!! Still working through some learning curves with respect to adjusting, fitting, using Di2 and Garmin Vectors, etc. Quick question -- I think I have the fit ALMOST dialed in, but I'd like to drop the bars a little bit. There is only one spacer left below the stem. Is it safe to have NO spacers below the stem? I have heard mixed things regarding "slammed" stems and carbon frames...
Quote Reply
Re: di2 stem integration options on TM02? [tacetman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to sure if this has been covered in the earlier posts. The little black twist screws that move the saddles in and out for the rear wheel appear to be slipping causing brake rubbing at times. Has anyone had this experience and been able to rectify it?
Quote Reply
Re: di2 stem integration options on TM02? [harts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
harts wrote:
Not to sure if this has been covered in the earlier posts. The little black twist screws that move the saddles in and out for the rear wheel appear to be slipping causing brake rubbing at times. Has anyone had this experience and been able to rectify it?

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bmc/axle-adjuster-3-for-track-machine-tr01-ec065375

I can't imagine them using entirely different ones for both the Time Machine and Track Machine.

Get an extra RD hanger while you're at it!
Quote Reply
Re: di2 stem integration options on TM02? [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My old BMC had this problem. Swapped them out with those parts and it fixed it.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: di2 stem integration options on TM02? [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dangle wrote:
harts wrote:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bmc/axle-adjuster-3-for-track-machine-tr01-ec065375

I can't imagine them using entirely different ones for both the Time Machine and Track Machine.

Get an extra RD hanger while you're at it!

Thanks for this. The frustrating part is that Evans won't ship this part to Australia. At least I know what to look for now.
Quote Reply
Re: di2 stem integration options on TM02? [harts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you try these distributors?

http://www.bmc-switzerland.com/...find-a-bmc-retailer/

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought my TM2 secondhand, so it hasn't come with any spares, and I'm looking to convert it to Di2. I'm wondering what parts I need to source (in addition to the groupset).

As far as I can tell, I require:
Cable stop cover (part 210996) - It looks like this is different to the mechanical one (part 210995)
Rubber Grommet for front derailleur (no part number in the manual, does anyone know it?)

Is there anything else? Are these both critical?

Also, since I will be ordering parts from BMC, I also need the rubber stop that goes in the top tube to cover the hole for the seat tube adjustment, as the bike was missing this when I bought it. Does anyone know the part number?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Bad Ash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bad Ash wrote:
I bought my TM2 secondhand, so it hasn't come with any spares, and I'm looking to convert it to Di2. I'm wondering what parts I need to source (in addition to the groupset).

As far as I can tell, I require:
Cable stop cover (part 210996) - It looks like this is different to the mechanical one (part 210995)
Rubber Grommet for front derailleur (no part number in the manual, does anyone know it?)

Is there anything else? Are these both critical?

Also, since I will be ordering parts from BMC, I also need the rubber stop that goes in the top tube to cover the hole for the seat tube adjustment, as the bike was missing this when I bought it. Does anyone know the part number?

You're correct, the cable stop is different and you quoted the right part number.

As far as the rubber grommet goes, I used this one from Shimano http://www.evanscycles.com/...4x6mm-round-ec037142

But also have a look at this list of spare parts: http://www.bmc-switzerland.com/...e_part_list_MY12.pdf

There they list the "seatpost clamp rubber plug" BMC Art. # 210 997 and a seatpost clamp rubber plug BMC Art. # 210 542
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [noehry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noehry wrote:

You're correct, the cable stop is different and you quoted the right part number.

As far as the rubber grommet goes, I used this one from Shimano http://www.evanscycles.com/...4x6mm-round-ec037142

But also have a look at this list of spare parts: http://www.bmc-switzerland.com/...e_part_list_MY12.pdf

There they list the "seatpost clamp rubber plug" BMC Art. # 210 997 and a seatpost clamp rubber plug BMC Art. # 210 542

Thanks!

The rubber grommet is shown in the manual (see below) and seems to be a bung plus a small cable. I wonder if this comes with the Di2 front derailleur rather than being a BMC specific part? I can't see anything similar in the parts list you linked.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or am I being a bit stupid, is that 2 separate things a standard Di2 cable and the BMC bung? It looks like one complete part to me...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've just been through the Di2 upgrade process and actually had to order pretty much the same spares which I'm waiting to come through.

You definitely need the cable stop cover, but I'm not sure about the FD grommet - whereabouts is that supposed to go?

I had to pay £12 (+£5 postage!) for the set of 10 seatpost plugs. Are you in UK, if so I could go halves with you for 5 of them to save us both a few quid?

Full spares list with part numbers for TM02 here:

Oh, and as an answer to my earlier question I found this Di2 junction box holder -to secure it without need for bands.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [jimmeebee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no idea about the grommet, just saw it mentioned in the owners manual that I downloaded.

What's the best battery options for the TM02, external with a short mount? The internal batteries look much longer, would they fit in the slot for the battery, if so what mount should be used?

What are the differences in the FD cover for mechanical and Di2? Is it critical, e.g. could I get Di2 installed with the mechanical cover, or maybe leave the cover off and then attach the Di2 cover at a later date? The reason I ask is that I have a race soon and won't have time to order the cover beforehand.

I'm UK based, happy to split the cost for the seatpost clamp plugs. Email me <removed>
Last edited by: Bad Ash: Jun 11, 15 2:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The external battery with short mount fits in, it's quite tight though. Make sure you leave a bit of give in the cables. During my first race after the installation the battery came disconnected so I was stuck in one gear! You might be able to use the internal battery, but I didn't look into that. My frame is a size ML and I needed the following length Di2 cables: 2 x 350, 1 x 650 and 1 x 1000.

You wouldn't be able to get the cable through the FD cover for mechanical. I've currently left mine off and just taped over it. Luckily I've not had to ride in the wet recently.

The spares still haven't arrived yet, but I'll drop you an email when they do.
Quote Reply

Prev Next