Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dangle wrote:
Hmm, that's a pretty nice hole. There has got to be a story behind it.

My only suggestion would be to find a BMC dealer and ask. I have had pretty poor luck finding small parts for my Time Machines otherwise.

I'm in the UK where Evans Cycles seem to be the main dealer and I've just arranged to get the part from them (£4 for the part plus £5 processing/postage). It looks like the previous owner has replaced the standard pipe with a flexible one, I can only assume he tried to widen the hole for some reason.

I've just ordered a generic 90 degree pipe from eBay for £2 as the official one costs £15. Do you think this will be ok, or should I stump up for the official one?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Bad Ash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, somebody widened the hole. There's so little material around it that any more widening would have it killed it. Kind of silly for somebody (not you) to have rolled the dice on their brakes.

IMO, any generic brake noodle will work as long as it is small enough. There's not enough room in that area for a full size one. Maybe you could put a sideways bend in it, but I would be too afraid of crimping it completely. I think that's why the flexible brake noodle has been popular for the TM.

I started with a generic 90, bent it closer to 100-110, trimmed it down a bunch to fit, added a modified metal Yokozuna Reaction brake ferrule (the original ferrule was trimmed off) and put in some cable liner. No complaints here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dangle wrote:
Ah, somebody widened the hole. There's so little material around it that any more widening would have it killed it. Kind of silly for somebody (not you) to have rolled the dice on their brakes.

IMO, any generic brake noodle will work as long as it is small enough. There's not enough room in that area for a full size one. Maybe you could put a sideways bend in it, but I would be too afraid of crimping it completely. I think that's why the flexible brake noodle has been popular for the TM.

I started with a generic 90, bent it closer to 100-110, trimmed it down a bunch to fit, added a modified metal Yokozuna Reaction brake ferrule (the original ferrule was trimmed off) and put in some cable liner. No complaints here.

Well I assumed they made the hole wider so that the noodle could fit through it (as you can see in the picture that it does). But when this happens there is not enough room for the lever to move! But possibly it just broke due too pressure?!

What was the reason for you replacing the original noodle? From the sounds of if the generic one I've ordered is going to be too big. So I think I might just bite the bullet and buy the official one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BA,

I like to tinker. You'll be fine with the original one. Best of luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where are the brake stops? You can get brake noodles from nearly every online bike store. It's not proprietary to BMC.

Timex
GU Energy
Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [corduroy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The removable arm that the noodle connects to (routes through) are proprietary as far as I know of.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TM02 owners - what do you use to prevent the fork from being damaged from the frame stop? I am currently using frame protector stick ons, but it seems that the turning lock rips right through the protective layer after 1 or 2 rides. It's been worse lately and has even worn a small hole in the fork paint. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mplstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi
New to this group
Questions about TM01 wheels and tyre selection
planning to put Bora Ultra 80 on the bike
tyre selection
Cont 4000S II or Cont Attrack and Force
Anyone try the rear tyre size with Force 24mm any problem ?
or just use 4000S II
or any other suggestion
Many thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been successful ordering small parts for my TM01 from http://www.evanscycles.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mplstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mplstri wrote:
TM02 owners - what do you use to prevent the fork from being damaged from the frame stop? I am currently using frame protector stick ons, but it seems that the turning lock rips right through the protective layer after 1 or 2 rides. It's been worse lately and has even worn a small hole in the fork paint. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

I just gave up on it. Adds character to the bike. Like how a truck isn't a truck unless it's got a few dents in it.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [texafornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
texafornia wrote:
mplstri wrote:

Cheers!

I just gave up on it. Adds character to the bike. Like how a truck isn't a truck unless it's got a few dents in it.

+1

My 2012 had a bit of character. My 2014 has rubber bump stops on the fork to prevent it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mr.lai123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use 25c's on a rim with a 15mm inner diameter and haven't had any issues. Not sure what the ID is on a Bora Ultra 80 though. If it has a wider ID like 17-18mm, a Force could be too wide though.

It's pretty hard to go wrong with the 4000s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where can I get those? I'd like some!

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [texafornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You would need an entirely new fork. They are integrated.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [jdbyrnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I have already placed a 'special order' for the pipe holder with Evans as it's not one of their listed parts online. Hopefully it'll be here soon as I ordered it on the 8th and they said allow 10 working days, I guess it'll come directly from BMC. I also ordered the pipe which is a stocked part and I did receive swiftly.

Now I'm really itching to ride it!

I do also need to find a rubber bung to cover the hole on the top tube for the seat post adjustment.

In reply to the other poster, I do have the brake stops and they are now re-attached.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I've figured out the answer here, but can anyone confirm that HED Stinger 7 and 9 wheels would fit on a BMC TM01?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [island rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stinger 7 are fine for the bike. I had to remove the little screws which are supposed to hold the brake pads to allow the brakes to open more widely. Additionally I used sandpaper to grind down the brake pads a little. That's also what the manual suggests for wide wheels.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by fastasduck [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking through the offerings of evans cycles, if saw this: http://www.evanscycles.com/...e-tm01-tm02-ec033226

This looks like what you might need, right?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [noehry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noehry wrote:
Looking through the offerings of evans cycles, if saw this: http://www.evanscycles.com/...e-tm01-tm02-ec033226

This looks like what you might need, right?

That was indeed what I needed. At the time Evans didn't stock it and I had to place a special order costing £9. So looks like they now stock it as a standard part at a very reasonable £1.99!

After much fiddling I have eventually gotten the rear brake working reasonably well. However, to do so I've ended up using the slightly thinner gear cabling as the thicker brake cables just wouldn't move smoothly through the official noodle.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All,
I was wondering if any of you have fitted a set of SRMs to a TM02? If so, where did you place the magnet? There doesn't seem to be enough clearance to place the magnet on the chainstay. Thank you.

P.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got a TM01 that I bought from a store that unfortunately are closing their doors… Was told that everything was included, but when I open up the box today, I only had one spacer and only one angles spacer.. Missing the 30 deg angled spacer and the 20mm spacer, plus the bolts for the 20mm and 10+20mm and of course for the 30mm… Plus then there's the rubber plugs that cover the bolt holes in the stem.

Anyone knows where these can be ordered? With the store closing their doors (and yes, they are/were BMC dealers, so no grey market stuff!), I can't expect much help from them...

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [audiojan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [corduroy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
corduroy wrote:
I got my spare parts from http://www.evanscycles.com

Thanks. I saw that Evans (bought stuff from then in the past), but they only have the silver colored pieces, none in black (which functionally doesn't make a difference, but with the rest of the stem in black, I kind of wish it can match…)

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [audiojan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all

Quick question if that is ok, will the Large frame for a BMC TimeMachine TT03 accomodate someone of 6ft 3.5 in height? I'm only asking because the bike is not new, is only the frame and is far away, so I can't easily try it unfortunately. What do you think?

It would be my first time trial bike and seems a good frame to start off, if all goes well I'd like a TM02 later down the line.

Thanks
Quote Reply

Prev Next