Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [AdventureRun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is anyone else dealing with ALOT of creaking from the aero bars? I have removed and reinstalled the bolts several times and i still get a crazy amount of creaking.
Any solution?

2016:
IMFL #12
http://www.bestbikesplit.com
Last edited by: DFWTri: Aug 8, 14 9:53
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No it doesn not... different mounting mechanism
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [DFWTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
first guess: housing or especially one or more of the double-ended ferrules rubbing on the inside of the stem cover...one way you can try checking this is to remove the stem cover and see if the noise goes away. if so, the fix is to change the location of the ferrule with different housing lengths (bar to stem and stem into frame) than what you're currently using.

second guess: as long as you have the stem cover off, loosen the stem pinch bolt and the two bolts which hold it to the fork...then retighten everything in this order
  1. stem to fork bolts
  2. give the bearing preload "nut" a 1/4 turn to loosen then 1/4 turn back to tighten where you had it (this step allows the stem pinch band to find it's "home")
  3. stem pinch band

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, i'll give it a try this weekend, makes sense since i have traveled with the bike 2x now this yr.

2016:
IMFL #12
http://www.bestbikesplit.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,
Finally got my new SC 7.5 stock model dialed in, looks awesome and super fast, so very happy.
I am racing next weekend at iM mt and got new zipp FC 808. My question is the brake pads are making a crazy loud noise when braking. Should I change them for Swiss pads or what do you recommend?
Thanks in advance,
Manuel
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [vikingmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vikingmd wrote:
Knock on wood but lid is fine even over potholes and RR crossings

How can you tell the new lid from the old lid? Both look identical to me. Just wondering if my LBS ordered the wrong one.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the most obvious difference in the new lid is four relatively large square-ish "tabs" sticking out of it. there's no way to order the wrong one because there's only one to order (the new one).

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [manu12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a stock 7.5 comes with alloy rimmed wheels so it has standard brake pads...which, among other things, tend to really howl when applied to carbon rims. have you tried putting cork pads in there yet?

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any picture to see the new one?
And what are the improvements?

Raye Khoury
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [khouryd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the side tabs are the "big" thing...intended to aid in getting the lid on straight...there were some subtle changes to the opening tab as well.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok I will try them.
Thanks,
Manuel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
the side tabs are the "big" thing...intended to aid in getting the lid on straight...there were some subtle changes to the opening tab as well.

Carl...any chance Bontrager would send me a new top for my draft box since mine is obviously defective. I'm growing weary of getting off my bike and picking up the contents of my draft box. Especially during races.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My new one does not have the tabs either, maybe that's why it came off on the first ride with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks again Carl
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

I just noticed two holes on the inside of the fork (both sides). I took it home from the bike store two weeks ago and its been sitting inside my house since. Haven't even ridden outside yet due to injury. I was looking at the bike and noticed this below. Is this paint imperfection or something else? What would cause this? Is this something I should have my trek dealer talk to trek about? I can't imagine this is normal but you never know.

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Aug 12, 14 18:11
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
based on the location and the fact I see what looks like the same thing on my bike, I believe those are drain holes (for manufacturing)...and I think they're only on the 9-series forks (I don't see them on my 7-series fork). they may have been painted or decaled-over and that would help explain the irregular shape.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My apologies for the delayed response on this...wanted to make sure I was answering with the best info possible. If you're having trouble with your DraftBox2 lid staying on, your shop can order PN 512622 as a warranty item. Not everyone has had this issue with the original lid and not everyone will, so it's not something every original owner must do...it's a remedy for those who are experiencing the issue.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Calvin386] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See this post.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Carl, so I believe to have some paint bubbling and flaking on my 7 series P1 behind my fork. I submitted this to online support and havent heard back yet, I stopped into a Trek store (not where I purchased the bike) and they said try talking to you "Trek" first. My question is, what is the best plan of action to get this inspected to see if its covered by the 1 year warranty plan?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [lestoad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I pass along some warranty-related info here and there, particularly when it relates to what we might call continuous improvement items (like the warranty parts for the original SC), but I'm not a warranty rep in any official sense. The way to go is via your Trek dealer. They are the first step in the warranty claim process, which includes verification of your status as original owner, within warranty period for whatever issue you're bringing, etc.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone one have any luck putting a magnet in the rear brake cover/speed fin for their quarq or srm? Just got my srm and looking into options for mounting the magnet. I would like to avoid mounting the magnet on the frame.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

I just ordered the 9.9 from my local shop. I had a couple of questions for you.

I just purchased some zipp 808's for my 2013 7.5, will I be able to switch the rear cassette to the zip's.

The shop i ordered from said 46 days, how accurate is that ship time?

thanks,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
My apologies for the delayed response on this...wanted to make sure I was answering with the best info possible. If you're having trouble with your DraftBox2 lid staying on, your shop can order PN 512622 as a warranty item. Not everyone has had this issue with the original lid and not everyone will, so it's not something every original owner must do...it's a remedy for those who are experiencing the issue.

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [vhz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi there-

Did you ask the shop about the Zipps? Or Zipp? I'm guessing either one would have more experience with that wheel brand than I do. Kind of a Bontrager guy ;-) That said, swapping cassettes isn't all that hard to do...if you're going to run into any compatibility issue (other than the obvious...like trying to put a Campy cassette on a Shimano/SRAM freehub body), it might be related to spacers...e.g. you're switching from a 10spd hub to an 11spd.

Your shop is accessing the same information I do when it comes to lead time info, so I'm not going to have any different answer. We do the best job we can projecting leadtimes and keeping that info updated as circumstances change.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

Sorry, they are ZIPP 808. He seemed fairly confident of the switch, but wasn't %100, I figured you might have had the questions before. I'm excited about the 9.9, I was just not excited about waiting.

thanks,
Quote Reply

Prev Next