Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [albafar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did you get your Torhans to fit? Did you use the frame bolts?

Timex
GU Energy
Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [corduroy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I simple used one of The Torhans bolts on the seat tube only and a few skewers to make it as flush as possible. It sits rather tight with only one bolt. I Also predrilled a hole for the down tube but with a bolt mounted there the bottle doesnt fit right in. The bike is a size L btw.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [flipmypancake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see you have the 404s and a super 9 clincher? Just wondering what you do with the brake width? I have a TM01 and just bought a super 9 but don't know what to do for training wheels. I was thinkings 404s but the width difference makes the rear a pain. Do you just deal with the width difference when you swap out? I was thinking of a barrel adjuster too, but i don't think you could even put one on with the integrated brakes. Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally finished building up my BMC TM01 -- bartape and all =)

Timex
GU Energy
Twitter
Last edited by: corduroy: Jul 31, 14 18:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey guys - my TM01's headset bearings are starting to feel notchy and I'm thinking they need to be replaced. Any idea what kind of bearings they are and where I could get them? I couldn't find any info in the owners manual and even emailed BMC but did not receive a reply :-(.

I'm also looking for the rubber grommet that covers the hole where the FD Di2 wire exists. Also emailed BMC but no reply. Any help would be appreciated :-)

#KISPERFORMANCE
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use HED Ardennes + wheels to pair with my Super 9 and 808's makes width much easier. I also use Avid Shorty Ultimate brake shoes http://www.amazon.com/...avid+shorty+ultimate. Then for my brake levers I use SRAM 990 to make the width adjustable: https://www.sram.com/...990-aero-brake-lever.

I may switch to HED aero wheels so that I have a aluminum brake rim so that I don't need to change pads. The front is easy to change with the AVID shorty's because the screw holding the pad is on the side rather than the back. For the rear however the screw is facing the BB so it is very difficult to get out. I have moved to just a metal dowel without the screw so I can slide it in and out which works pretty well.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Member of FishTwitch - Arriving to T1 alone and watching you go by on the run.
My Blog: http://poseidom.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Poseidon2600] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately I have VukaAero so not brake lever options for me. I may be misreading this, but you said you're switching to HED aero wheels so you don't have to switch pads; did you mean to say carbon brake rim?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have aluminum rims for both my aero wheels and training wheels, so no need to worry about changing out pads or adding spacers for that matter.

Timex
GU Energy
Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, my HED Ardennes + are Aluminum and the new HED aero rims are also.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Member of FishTwitch - Arriving to T1 alone and watching you go by on the run.
My Blog: http://poseidom.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Poseidon2600] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you order directly from BMC? I've been going through retailers.

Thanks.

Timex
GU Energy
Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [azurebl911] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
azurebl911 wrote:
Hey guys - my TM01's headset bearings are starting to feel notchy and I'm thinking they need to be replaced. Any idea what kind of bearings they are and where I could get them? I couldn't find any info in the owners manual and even emailed BMC but did not receive a reply :-(.

I'm also looking for the rubber grommet that covers the hole where the FD Di2 wire exists. Also emailed BMC but no reply. Any help would be appreciated :-)

Anyone have any advice/idea for this?

#KISPERFORMANCE
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anyone over 6'5" have a 2012 or newer TM01? I have the TT02 2011 model XL. I love it, but itching to turn it into a road bike project and get a new TM01 for TT bike. After going on BMC's website it appears they do not Will the large fit people from 6'2" to 6'7" etc.... I will worry about getting it dialed in after it arrives.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need some advice/help with my TM01. I have had my bike for 2 years now and have never had an issue with it. This past weekend the handlebar/headset started creaking. When I put preassure on the bars they creak when I am in the aero position. I have tightened all the bolts and none of them were loose.. My question is can I ride the bike this way until I take it to my lbs? I need to put in a 4 hour ride today and I do not have another bike but I am concerend with the noise.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [spintela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine did that within the first 500 miles I owned it. Ended up not having any grease in the headset.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When mine got noisy (and had vertical movement), it turned out the steerer tube was cracked about 50% of the way around.

Stop "keep riding it" and take it to the LBS. At the very least, they will clean it, grease it and tighten it down for minimal cost. If your issues are worse than some dry or dirty bearings, they will know what to do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spintela wrote:
I need some advice/help with my TM01. I have had my bike for 2 years now and have never had an issue with it. This past weekend the handlebar/headset started creaking. When I put preassure on the bars they creak when I am in the aero position. I have tightened all the bolts and none of them were loose.. My question is can I ride the bike this way until I take it to my lbs? I need to put in a 4 hour ride today and I do not have another bike but I am concerend with the noise.

Don't be too alarmed but do check it out. I ended up putting grease between the joining pieces of the stem assembly and that was it.

#KISPERFORMANCE
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that an Arundel TT Mount you have behind the seat post

Timex
GU Energy
Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a beaker concept hydrotail. I don't think they are made any more but you can still find them on Amazon.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [azurebl911] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got the creaking noise on my bike fixed today. All it needed was grease between the stem parts. I was getting nrevouse with all the creaking going on. Thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wondering if someone could tell me what the seatpost length is on a M-L model.. I have a rather long inseam for my overall height and the top tube length of the large is too much for me...

Also just want to confirm that the bike is BB30... I will be installing my Cannondale Hollowgram SRM if I go this route...

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know if it was regular grease, eg green phil wood, or friction paste that was used? My new TM-02 is creaking like an old bed frame.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ParisCarbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PC,

I believe the seatpost is 385 on the ML and L. Plenty long enough for nearly anybody.

The bottom bracket is definitely a BB30.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ttocsmi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was bike grease but did not ask the name it did look green. Today I used the bike again and it creaked! Not all the time but some. Will have to grease some more parts I guess. Aerobar and stem seem to be the problem
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've just purchased a second hand TM02 and am having issues with the rear brake. I believe the previous owner has broken the pipe (noodle) holder per the pics below. As you can see the hole seems to have snapped so the wire can come out of it. Also the pipe can be pulled through it. The main issue I'm having though is that after I've pulled the brakes they don't spring back. I'm going to try replacing the pipe with a solid 90 degree one rather than the flexible one and re-grease the cables and brake springs.

Does anyone know where I could get a replacement?

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Bad Ash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm, that's a pretty nice hole. There has got to be a story behind it.

My only suggestion would be to find a BMC dealer and ask. I have had pretty poor luck finding small parts for my Time Machines otherwise.
Quote Reply

Prev Next