Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, that's going solely off of frame stack and reach on an existing frame. If your reach is fine (with your seat where you want it and a reasonably sized stem) then it may be as simple as finding that similar frame reach with a higher stack and swapping over existing parts. Not many things are ever that simple though :-)

Those larges are a few mm longer, but their mediums are several more mm shorter. Again, that's just frame stack and reach. I have no idea where your pads and seat are and if your current setup is even a good one for you.

There's lot of good fitters using good fitting systems. It's better to pay one of them some money and find a bike you love and ride well. You might learn a bit about yourself too.

Retul Frame Finder has a lot of the major brands' tri bikes in a little bit more easier to read format than the ST S&R database.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think a 54 P2 is closer to an "M" BMC.
I ride/rode a Scott Plasma, Fuji D6, and Cervelo R3, and Cervelo S3 in a 56. Using the BMC M/L.
The top tube is slightly longer with the BMC relative to the Fuji.

I'm 5'11 as well.

Hope that helps
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm on the fence about building up a Felt DA (2013) or TM01. Just wondering if anyone has considered the Felt and if they decided against for any specific reason?

#KISPERFORMANCE
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,

some months ago I bought a second-hand 2012 TM01 black/blue. I am very happy with the bike but recently I have changed the set up of the front end and I have found this:

I am not sure whether the appearance of the bolts threads is normal or it has somehow be reworked by the original owner due to some problem. What I see is that when installing the angled spacer piece, it does not get in contact completely with the fork contact surface, and because of that the bolts loosen from time to time. Can you please confirm whether your TM01 fork contact surface is similar to the one of my photo?. I would appreciate some photos... Do you use thread locker like Loctite 242 for this bolts?.

I am thinking on removing all the material around the bolts threads so that there is no material standing out the fork contact surface, but first I want to be sure about how it is in other TM01s.

Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [jandercito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks dangerous; would not ride until that piece is replaced completely, it that is even possible.
It looks like they were over tightened and somehow were backed out a bit, then sheared off.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [azurebl911] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was considering a felt but got a great deal on the BMC so that pretty much shut out any other possibility. Had the BMC not been an option I would have gone with a felt.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Finally got mine the way I want...

Race ready for St. George.

Regards,

CB
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ProudMOPer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ProudMOPer wrote:

Finally got mine the way I want...

Race ready for St. George.

Regards,

CB

How did you attach the Torhans bento box?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [kenpetruzzelli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update to the bike for the 2014 race season. Picked up a good deal on a Reynolds 72/90 set from the forums.
Last edited by: subydude88: May 26, 14 15:49
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [kenpetruzzelli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used double sided tape. I have since removed it, because sweating on the trainer all winter lifted the tape.

The flat top allows for some creativity. I am going to try some aluminum tape with 2 screws pointing up to bolt into the bento. If it work, I will post pics.

CB
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ProudMOPer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can somebody share the saddle clamp torque spec and can you even use a torque wrench of some kind to access below the saddle. Had to move the saddle and tightened it by feel, just want to know if torque wrench would be required here and if so how........It is metal on metal, clamp on rail, however the anchor for the bolt maybe inside the carbon seat post......Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys and ladies. Has any one had any problems with 808s or a 900 disk on a TM01 or TM02? I am looking at a few options for my TM02.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [cyclingbatman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally was able to get some good pictures of the bike now that the weather has turned to summer.

Bike was originally spec'd with 105 but was able to negotiate some upgrades that include:
  • Ultegra front and rear derailleur
  • Trimax crank
  • Profile design T4+ aero extensions
  • Metro vision shifters
I also upgraded saddle to Specialized Sitero (which I have loved for the first 500+ miles).

- MPLS Endurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey man - this is what mine looks like. I'm not sure what's going on with yours. I suppose you actually have to get a new fork to remedy that bit... don't see how else that can be cleaned up. The key thing is if it holds the bolt. It sounds like you've been riding it for a while without knowing that it's there right?

#KISPERFORMANCE
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are right azurebl911, I have probably been riding riding it as it is now for a while without noticing the problem. I ordered last week a new fork, and it will arrive to my local shop at the end of this week. It is the only way to be completely sure of riding safe again.

Thanks !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good! That definitely looked unsafe!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can I ask how much a fork goes for ?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Around 400€
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Tiremaniacs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully you haven't been asked about this later on in the thread, but I don't get how this works? The screws on the original pad holders don't seem to be getting in the way.
Are the pad holders a lower profile or something?
Hopefully I'm just missing the point and these are the best solution still?
Cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [lostkiwi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure of understanding you completely... As it is now it is not possible to get full contact between the angled spacer piece and the fork, and because of that the bolts loosens frequently. In my opinion, the original owner of the bike reworked the pad holders because he used too much torque to tighten the bolts, and now the reworked pad holders are not working as they should...
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [VP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
VP wrote:

Finally finished after 8 months and a week.

Frameset: BMC Timemachine TM01 M-L
Front wheel: FFWD F9R DT 240s
Rear wheel: FFWD Disc
Front derailleur: Shimano Ultegra Di2 FD-6770
Rear derailleus: Shimano Ultegra Di2 RD-6770
Shifters: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 SW-9071
Brake levers: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 ST-9071
Cables and housing: Gore RideOn Low Friction
Brake pads: SwissStop FlashPro Yellow King
Aerobars: PRO Missile Evo
Saddle: Prologo Nago EVO TTR
Crankset: Rotor 3D+ MAS 172.5 mm
Chainrings: Rotor Q-Rings Aero 55/42
Bottom bracket: Rotor BB30 Steel
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 6700 11-23
Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace 7900
Tires: Veloflex Record
Pedals: Speedplay Zero SS
Bottle: Elite TT (not pictured)
Chain catcher: Rotor
Garmin mount: Custom
Sensor: Garmin GSC-10

8530 g without the Garmin.

That's a beautiful build, mate! Do you by chance have advice for the length of wires needed for the frame? I'm specing out a Ui2 6870 build myself and would really appreciate the info!

#KISPERFORMANCE
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
azurebl911 wrote:
Do you by chance have advice for the length of wires needed for the frame? I'm specing out a Ui2 6870 build myself and would really appreciate the info!
I used 1 x 1000 mm from stem to BB, 1 x 600 mm from BB to RD and 2 x 300 mm from BB to battery and BB to FD.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [VP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you so much, mate! From the front junction to the shifters you didn't need to buy separate wires, correct?

#KISPERFORMANCE
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
azurebl911 wrote:
From the front junction to the shifters you didn't need to buy separate wires, correct?
No, those wires came with the shifters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jandercito wrote:
You are right azurebl911, I have probably been riding riding it as it is now for a while without noticing the problem. I ordered last week a new fork, and it will arrive to my local shop at the end of this week. It is the only way to be completely sure of riding safe again.

Thanks !

Hey man, just out of curiosity, how much did the new fork cost you?

#KISPERFORMANCE
Quote Reply

Prev Next