Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [Furious D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something funny again - the first split was previously listed at 3.3 miles and now it shows 3.8.
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you're right - it used to be 3.3 and 4.5. When it came back up its 3.8 and 4.0.

Also strange that the next was 1.1 and there's still no update
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the timing is screwed up because it also shows he ran a 6min/mile for the first 3.8 miles (but was 3.3 mile split earlier)
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He seems to be moving up. I have him as a favorite and it's showing him 4th at 12 miles, moving up by 1 every split
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think 1&2 are going to be hard to catch. Both seem to be running strong and had much faster swim/bike. Everyone else seems to be getting picked off if he keeps it up. Fingers crossed he lays down a monster second half!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently he's at 3:49/mile at the moment so no worries.
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well with 13.5 mile to run...his total time looks to be 7:50, gonna be tough...Go WV!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out the overall leaderboard.

Everyone thought that Docherty won, but it appears Wolfgang Weinemann came in with a modest 1:18:58 (3min/mile) Marathon to steal the victory.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The corrected his split...he increased his pace

12.7 mi3.8 mi24:337:50:316:27/mi
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3.8 mi 3.8 mi 23:24 6:44:08 6:09/mi

7.8 mi 4 mi 32:45 7:16:53 8:11/mi

8.9 mi 1.1 mi 9:05 7:25:58 8:15/mi

12.7 mi 3.8 mi 24:33 7:50:31 6:27/mi
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [badgertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The guys in front of him are slowing down, the guy in 1st had about a 25 min lead so he will not catch him but the guy in 2nd is running 8+ min miles. All this assumes I am checking it right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, the Ironman tracker has, not surprisingly, failed me so I am counting on you guys to keep me posted for the last half of his run!
Last edited by: macwhinb: May 17, 14 13:26
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [macwhinb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
macwhinb wrote:
Well, the Ironman tracker has, not surprisingly, failed me so I am counting on you guys to keep me posted for the last half of his run!

I can only pay attention for about 15 mins...going to an early dinner date with the wife...I hope he makes it. I was looking at the transitions times, the guys ahead gain 2-4 mins on him just in transition. Its clear he has the ability.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blueraider_mike wrote:
The guys in front of him are slowing down, the guy in 1st had about a 25 min lead so he will not catch him but the guy in 2nd is running 8+ min miles. All this assumes I am checking it right.

You can't look at pace right now because they are all screwed up. Looking at the race time on each split is the best bet. Right now he is in 4th but we need to see when the 16.7 mile time comes in. I missed one of them but there are 3 guys that were at least 9 minutes ahead at 12.7 miles (2 which are way ahead). That is a lot of ground to make up, but he seems to be running strong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PeteDin206 wrote:
blueraider_mike wrote:

You can't look at pace right now because they are all screwed up. Looking at the race time on each split is the best bet. Right now he is in 4th but we need to see when the 16.7 mile time comes in. I missed one of them but there are 3 guys that were at least 9 minutes ahead at 12.7 miles (2 which are way ahead). That is a lot of ground to make up, but he seems to be running strong.

Your right, he is 6 mins down from thirst at 17.8 mile mark.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This has got to rank up there as one of the best threads I've read on ST. Maybe second to the whole "T3" debacle, but still up there.

GO WX!! I was thinking about this all day today on my long ride. This guy will be a ST legend if he pulls it off.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blueraider_mike wrote:
PeteDin206 wrote:
blueraider_mike wrote:

Your right, he is 6 mins down from thirst at 17.8 mile mark.

He did make up 3 minutes in 5 miles. So 6 minutes in the last 9 is possible. Depends on how good this third place runner is and how well each of them paced the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Less then 4 minutes down on 3rd with 4.6 miles to go. He seems to be putting about 40 seconds per mile if my quick math is right. This is going to be SOOO tight!. GO WX GO!!!
Last edited by: PeteDin206: May 17, 14 14:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New splits in - He's making up about 35 seconds per mile on third place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First just finished.. for the record he has his profession as "professional triathlete" good race by him though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Staz wrote:
First just finished.. for the record he has his profession as "professional triathlete" good race by him though.

I caught that as well.........Interesting "profession" for an AG'er. Even if he is still training full time and racing AG'er I still would never call myself a "pro". Maybe he is turning pro soon? I did read somewhere that he turned down a Kona slot last year though.......

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread reminds me of the guy who had his bike stolen on the way to his ironman out of his car and after his post on Slowtwitch a loaner bike was arranged for him and he went on to have a great day. All of slowtwitch was tracking him on race day. I am rooting for OP.
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [magda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
go WX!!!!!

to make this day complete, he must stiff-arm the guy he passes for 2nd ala that one chick who got beaned, and then a gorilla needs to be involved somehow.

if he pulls this off, @TheRealStarky needs to commemorate him with the shirt because he will be a #champion

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
go WX!!!!!

to make this day complete, he must stiff-arm the guy he passes for 2nd ala that one chick who got beaned, and then a gorilla needs to be involved somehow.

if he pulls this off, @TheRealStarky needs to commemorate him with the shirt because he will be a #champion

And #blessed

Also cheering for WX - hope he pulls this off.
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [magda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm actually watching the live feed right now waiting for him to finish... I should be out on a run right now but this is too captivating...
Quote Reply

Prev Next