Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [WX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This has been a very interesting story to follow and I'm glad you are keeping us up to date. I think you will be close to your goal if you pace this race smartly. The only doubt I have of you reaching Kona is your swim ability, but I wish you luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This has been fun to watch. Would love to meet up down in Texas if you are up for it. What ag are you racing? You might have me worried here!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
colinlaughery wrote:
This has been fun to watch. Would love to meet up down in Texas if you are up for it. What ag are you racing? You might have me worried here!

Let's do it - I get down to Houston on Tuesday, a few days with family, then getting into the Woodlands on Thursday. PM me your email/number and we can meet up. My bib is #1040 and I'm 25-29 so I think we can still be friends. Thanks again for your interest/support from the beginning!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been following this post, having done IMTX last year, the only bit of advice is this:

Check out T2, if they have not put carpets down, consider wearing socks for the bike if you don't already. It's tough to run a good marathon when the bottom of your feet are just one big blister - if it is sunny it can indeed get hot enough to burn the bottom of your feet!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Almost time.... Go get it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll chime in with a good luck! :)

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been following for months from Western Australia.
Hope you get what you want WX!
There's no doubt you've given it a real good crack!
Good luck, go hard.

Samuel Arthur Medway
Perth, Western Australia
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [SamuelMedway] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike smart and go kill the run! Good luck.

Other "1 shooters" like me are cheering you on that you can pull it off.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck, hope you get a slot. Been fun reading about the updates

Oh.. and as desert_dude said.. Go easy first portion of the bike. Let the hammerheads go, you'll catch them later
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good Luck! Positive vibes your way!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We the people of ST will not rest until a bib # has been posted! Good luck man, sounds like you put in some great work to get here!

Tim Russell, Pro Triathlete

Instagram- @timbikerun
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [Timbikerun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can somebody explain? no, there is too much, can somebody sum up? Last I remember he was doing Cabo.

Go WX!

Timbikerun wrote:
We the people of ST will not rest until a bib # has been posted! Good luck man, sounds like you put in some great work to get here!

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keys to a successful race:

the swim is inconsequential.

the bike is just a means to get from the swim to the run. Your bike time will be what your time will be. Fuel, electrolyte and hydrate accordingly while staying aero and drafting at the legal distance and working with others.

The run is where it's at, but save it for the last half.

good luck!

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
can somebody explain? no, there is too much, can somebody sum up? Last I remember he was doing Cabo.

Go WX!

Timbikerun wrote:

#1040 ... will probably be the most tracked athlete this weekend!

Switched to IMTX to give 2 extra months of training.

This has been a great thread to follow.
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [Timbikerun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Let's do it - I get down to Houston on Tuesday, a few days with family, then getting into the Woodlands on Thursday. PM me your email/number and we can meet up. My bib is #1040 and I'm 25-29 so I think we can still be friends. Thanks again for your interest/support from the beginning

^^

-D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's go WX! Seems like you've got all the things to have a great race! Wish you good luck!

-D
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [HKoldtimer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HKoldtimer wrote:
I think your 4:50-4:55 bike time is a little ambitious (probably put you into Top 40/50 overall bike times), far better in my IMO to dial that back a bit with an aim of say a 5:00 - 5:05. I *think* this will give you a better chance of putting your run weapon into play and being able to run 3:15 or better.

Agree with this. Not sure what your plan is when it comes to what, if any, data you're going to watch during the bike, but my advice is to go with your wattage plan and ignore speed and time. Kill it out there!
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AKCrafty wrote:
HKoldtimer wrote:
I think your 4:50-4:55 bike time is a little ambitious (probably put you into Top 40/50 overall bike times), far better in my IMO to dial that back a bit with an aim of say a 5:00 - 5:05. I *think* this will give you a better chance of putting your run weapon into play and being able to run 3:15 or better.

Agree with this. Not sure what your plan is when it comes to what, if any, data you're going to watch during the bike, but my advice is to go with your wattage plan and ignore speed and time. Kill it out there!

also agree. bike time will be what bike time will be. Execute bike to give you best chance at fast marathon and achieving goal of KQ. Bike "time" does not get you a KQ in and of itself and can sometimes be counter to your objectives.

don't even us a watch or clock on bike... just power.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
xecute bike to give you best chance at fast marathon and achieving goal of KQ. Bike "time" does not get you a KQ in and of itself and can sometimes be counter to your objectives.

A very, very wise thought.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: May 16, 14 12:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a weird feeling, but I am actually nervous for you. I know all the work you have put into this. Good luck and execute!
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [tjbingha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dont't listen to these idiots. The bike is where the race is won or lost /pink
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tjbingha wrote:
This is a weird feeling, but I am actually nervous for you. I know all the work you have put into this. Good luck and execute!

I have to admit that after following this thread from the beginning, and now its going to all be resolved tomorrow, I am kinda in that same boat.
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know. I feel like we all have a lot of time and emotions built up in the course of ten pages...really good thread and read.

Again, best of luck.

Did we ever get a bib number here?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope you are not Ferrari / Pinarello guy (haha)
Good Luck tomorrow

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply

Prev Next