Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very clean, very nice! Good luck for the season, that torhans bottle really is a great fit on the frame. Do you use it for a flat kit or nutrition?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [OZgriffiths] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OZgriffiths wrote:
Very clean, very nice! Good luck for the season, that torhans bottle really is a great fit on the frame. Do you use it for a flat kit or nutrition?

Thanks. Torhans is for the flat kit, i don't like the look of stuff behind the saddle
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's an update:
- Combining 10 & 11 speed didn't fully work out. I ended up staying with 10-speed. SRAM shifters and SRAM Force rear derailleur, though kept 11-speed Ultegra front derailleur.
- Cried Uncle and had Palo Alto bikes wrench on it to dial in the brakes, add in-line brake cable adjusters, and, don't laugh, but install drop bars and first gen Ultegra brake levers. I am a pathetic descender and train in the coastal hills of the SF Bay Area; aero base bars just don't feel secure enough to me while descending. Plus, my two favorite races are Wildflower and Donner Lake, both of which have gnarly descents.
Regardless, PABikes did a sweet job and braking and shifting are excellent.
Additionally:
- Got a Hed Jet FR disc; it just arrived. I am amazed at how seamless the joint looks.
Finally figured out how to post picks with the new Flickr interaction

- Twain

PS: pretty cool that the Triathlete Buyer's Guide features the BMC TM-01 on the cover!
Last edited by: twain: Apr 3, 14 20:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

First ride out.

Ultegra Di2 11speed
Power2max Rotor osymmetrics
Adamo Prologue
HED Corsair E
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [esox.flucius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks fantastic!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just taken delivery of new TM01 frameset and about to embark on a build. Looking through the manual there is ref to installation of rubber grommet (step 14 on cable routing in the manual) into the frame when routing the Di2 cableing for the front mech. Can anyone confirm if this should have been with the bits that came with the frame as I cannot see it, obviously the frame comes with rubber grommet in already but this has no hole for the cable.

Many Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/url][/img]

Just picked up my '14 TM02. Still have some set up to do, but I'm racing it this weekend!
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [krustinator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice & smart build! Good luck at the race!
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [brookesbaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you watch the DVD install video? It's much more detailed than the paper manual.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Twain I will do that as I had wrongly assumed it was just another copy of the manual !
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [brookesbaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all lurker for ages and finally pulled the trigger on a 2014 TM01 frameset. I have checked through the manual and watched the DVD cannot work out what the three rubber pipes and the long sticky back plastic strip are for (see attached picture below) . Any pointers would be much appreciated. The only clue I have managed to find thus far is on the BMC official website there is a picture of a frameset with one of the pipes looking like it is emerging from the cavity where the rear break cable emerges from the frame (http://www.bmc-racing.com/...e/tm01/dura_ace_di2/). but this only accounts for one ?? Any help would be very much appreciated.

http://
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The teeth on the front are awesome.

Pics are great of everyone's bike. I LOVE this bike! Keep em coming
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [BMC'ed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to say, these are very difficult to build. I think it's time to go to a shop!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok so I got a free chainstay protector but please please someone put me out of misery on where and how these three tubes are deployed .......... someone must have used them ??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check the DVD install video.
But they are likely the internal cable routing "holders" for the front & right derailleurs and rear brake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've lost the rubber grommet that covers the seat post adjuster on my tm02. Does anyone know where to get a replacement in UK?

If someone could measure the grommet and let me know the dimensions (a, b and c in diagram below) it would be really helpful in finding a replacement. I wish I had measured mine before I lost it!

Edit: I've managed to get the measurements now. In case it's any use to anyone else they are: a: 14mm, b: 5mm, c: 10mm.

First question still stands though, anyone know where to get a replacement?!
Last edited by: jimmeebee: Apr 27, 14 9:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, about to stick di2 onto a TT01. Don't have the frame yet, just trying to get prepared, so wondering if there is a way to mount the internal battery in the same space as the external one. I like the idea of not having to open the flap and get the battery out to charge it. It also seems to be easier to update firmware with the internal battery. (I think) thanks for your help!
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [lostkiwi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the TM01, I changed to an internal battery from the external type for the reason you mentioned. It just goes in the same opening towards the downtube. I just added some foam to keep the battery from moving around.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that. Another question. Would I have to remove the bottom bracket to do the wiring? Apologies if this is a dumb question!
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [lostkiwi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No need to remove the bottom bracket. The BB area is very accessible once you remove the battery compartment cover.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally got good pictures now that the weather is good. Race wheels aren't on (808 tubular) but nice to finally have it outside!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Member of FishTwitch - Arriving to T1 alone and watching you go by on the run.
My Blog: http://poseidom.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello BMC folk! Just wondering if i could get a bit of guidance. My Current bike is the 2012 P2 (stack of 512, reach of 418 in a 54) and unfortunately, i run all the spacers and the upturned stem. The only thing i have done is lopped off a spacer and put a riser kit under the pads. I am on the lookout for a new bike and came across an ultegra tmo1 2014 di2 in my price range when i thought it wasnt going to be. So my knowledge of BMC bikes is not great. My questions, i see the M/L is the same reach (i ride a 54 in the p2 and am all legs but i assume since i can ride the p2 i can ride a m/l) with minimal stack height difference (BMC = 515).
Based on all this, would i assume a BMC would only be made to fit with a very high front end? Im guessing the tm01 is a long and low type of bike, thus probably not a great fit for me since my p2 isnt ideal and has been made to fit somewhat? Im just curious as to how a bmc would look at 'full front end stack'. Apologies to the above person but i really dont want to be perched that high. Should i look elsewhere? The shop i was going to buy the bike from isnt local i would need it shipped so it would be bought sight unseen
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No idea how big your stem is or where your seat is in relation to things, but....

IMO, the M/L Time Machine is basically the same fit as a 54 Cervelo P*.

For the same reach and higher stack, a large Trek Speed Concept or large Specialized Shiv *might* be a better start.

It's not a good deal if it doesn't fit. The integrated stem of the TM01 will look like a cobra ready to strike once it's dialed in for the pad stack.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeh thought this might be the case....spewin, i love the look of them.
Interesting you say size large. I always thought being 178cm i would be on a medium on just about everything.
Quote Reply

Prev Next