Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sweat turned my shirt reddish brown. Any Ideas?
Quote | Reply
After running on the treadmill this morning my yellow shirt was reddish brown from sweat. The color was not a faint color change but very reddish brown, first time this has happened Any ideas?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Sweat turned my shirt reddish brown. Any Ideas? [justrunning] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chromhidrosis.

No, just kidding. It's most likely the type of dye used in the shirt....Just don't check WebMD ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Sweat turned my shirt reddish brown. Any Ideas? [justrunning] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sweating purple? Might want to make sure you're up to date on your life insurance premiums.
Quote Reply
Re: Sweat turned my shirt reddish brown. Any Ideas? [greatland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's nice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it still different when dry? That sounds weird.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a similar experience with my cycling jersey but found out it was my sunblock running because of sweat that caused my to turn reddish brown. BUT... I don't think you are experiencing the same thing. Unless you where sunblock on the treadmill, which would be odd?
Quote Reply
Re: Sweat turned my shirt reddish brown. Any Ideas? [Jedd325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could it be this?: http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just buy a bunch of shirts
Quote Reply
Re: Sweat turned my shirt reddish brown. Any Ideas? [efntm1432] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok, at least I know I need to make sure my life insurance is up to date and I need more shirts. If I do grow a third arm I will post pictures. I went to work after running, will check the shirt when I get home to see if the color changed. I am going to run again after work and see if it happens again. The shirt was clearly reddish brown, arm pits and chest.
Last edited by: justrunning: Feb 4, 14 14:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You were pushing so hard you sweated blood?

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I think it is just the fabric of the t shirt. A similar thing happened to me in the past and I was a little perplexed myself. However, be careful of all the sweating though. It can cause a lot of inconvenience. like I suffer from common cold because of that. Moreover, excessive sweating which results in the shirt being wet can cause rashes and acne for which may miss practice sessions and may even need to take pills. So be a bit careful. Good luck.

- Renuka
Quote Reply
Re: Sweat turned my shirt reddish brown. Any Ideas? [Renuka Shinde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Renuka Shinde wrote:
Moreover, excessive sweating which results in the shirt being wet can cause rashes and acne for which may miss practice sessions and may even need to take pills. So be a bit careful. Good luck.
Acne from wet shirts? Skinlite cream? Pills?
Quote Reply
Re: Sweat turned my shirt reddish brown. Any Ideas? [Renuka Shinde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait, did you just say you think you are suffering from Common Cold viruses because you sweat too much?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you an Ironman? You may be rusting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My dog has this problem, but he doesn't sweat or wear shirts or run on treadmills. His normally blond paws turn a reddish brown color when he chews on them. You and my dog are creating a desirable home for harmless yeast. The yeast emits a Frito odor. Conclusion: I'm pretty sure you have a condition called Frito foot.

Disclaimer: I do not have a background in baking bread or brewing beer, fabrics, dyes, science or medicine. I only recently got my dog, so I don't know anything about dogs either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stigmata?

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: Sweat turned my shirt reddish brown. Any Ideas? [CalamityJane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CalamityJane88 wrote:
My dog has this problem, but he doesn't sweat or wear shirts or run on treadmills. His normally blond paws turn a reddish brown color when he chews on them. You and my dog are creating a desirable home for harmless yeast. The yeast emits a Frito odor. Conclusion: I'm pretty sure you have a condition called Frito foot.

Disclaimer: I do not have a background in baking bread or brewing beer, fabrics, dyes, science or medicine. I only recently got my dog, so I don't know anything about dogs either.

You're better than I am.

I don't know anything - I'm a triathlete (need I say more)

seriously though, this thing happened with a hat I wore a few times. Threw it in the wash with bleach - presto. gone

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: Sweat turned my shirt reddish brown. Any Ideas? [CalamityJane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CalamityJane88 wrote:

This post made me laugh my ass off. So, thanks for that.
Quote Reply