Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: SLOWTWITCHERS TO THE RESCUE - PLEASE READ [oneforty.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in for sure, poor Maurice. I'll be mailing $25 to you Andrew; our PayPal account is not up to date. Thanks so much for making all these arrangements Jim, Andrew and KittyKat. By the way, my three cats think your the best, KittyKat. :) Puuurrrrr
Quote Reply
Re: SLOWTWITCHERS TO THE RESCUE - PLEASE READ [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in for $50. I hope the people (a$$holes!) who did this to him die a VERY VERY SLOW HORRIBLE PAINFUL DEATH (and fry in hell)! I've never used Paypal - can someone assist?
Quote Reply
Re: SLOWTWITCHERS TO THE RESCUE - PLEASE READ [BeeHunter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I've never used Paypal - can someone assist?
Check post #8 (pg 1). EDIT: and post #7 for the email address.

====================================

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Last edited by: monterey411: Aug 9, 05 13:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used a credit card to fund my account, then simply transferred to the email address given above.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
go to www.paypal.com

you can then use the function key to send money

it will ask for the paypal account you wish to send it to -

type in

andrewjjoyce@sbcglobal.net

if it doesn;t work - we are also accepting personal checks which can be mailed

Thanks - let me know if you have any problems
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just sent $25 to the official Paypal site. Kittycat and 140.6....you guys rock! Thanks for organizing this.

Spot

Quote | Reply
thanks for the contribution, my friend. it's awesome how everyone is pulling together on this one!

kc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks - I'll try now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got back from my 1st job. You guys rock! I was ready to send him an 80's era touring bike with suntour components on it, I get back from work and the roof is off this thread. Thats why I love ST. Camping gear in the mail first thing in the morn. I have exactly 15 minutes to get to job #2.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My check for $25.00 is in the mail. Not much but hope it helps out.

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: SLOWTWITCHERS TO THE RESCUE - PLEASE READ [mmfred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks again everyone for your donations. i'm on my way to pick my car up from the mechanic...have a good night and way to go everyone who has contributed!!!

take care,

kittycat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't want to deal with opening an account on paypal, so I'm mailing a check. I got your address from Kittycat. Who should I make it out to? (sorry if this was already posted - I don't have time to read the whole thread)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just sent some $ to Pay Pal. It's a great thing you guys are doing! I hope this helps bring a smile to his face.
Quote Reply
Re: SLOWTWITCHERS TO THE RESCUE - PLEASE READ [Blondie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update -still waiting to speak with Maurice

once I do - will obtain the necessary info from him to source a replacement bike etc.

Once the remainder of the checks come in - and the gear arrives here at my office - which I envisage will be Friday/maybe Monday - we'll be good to go and he will be mobile again next week

Had discussed with KC - that we should also buy him a nice new journal to start, this - the newest chapter in his life.

And..............................I want to point out that it was JIM who suggested we start the ball rolling - I know he is at work right now - kudos to you Jim
Last edited by: oneforty.6: Aug 9, 05 15:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah, Jim's first thought was--"what can I give to help?" how awesome is that!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So Kittycat has just spoken...to ALL of Canada in a telephone media interview - which is awesome!!!

We've also made the front page of www.xtri.com showcasing the efforts of everyone here!!!

Special thanks to ironclm (Thanks Cathy) for arranging that

This may just drive further donations - and if nothing else - the good reputation of slowtwitchers continues to build!!!
Last edited by: oneforty.6: Aug 9, 05 15:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are there any canadians who can take a few photos of Maurice when he gets his new schwag from us?

it'd be great to have someone on-hand to take pics so that we all can see the joy in his face when he starts off on his new journey.

---------------------------

How many miles did you ride today?
Quote Reply
Re: SLOWTWITCHERS TO THE RESCUE - PLEASE READ [Red Dragon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a thought - might any of the bike shop owners that lurk in here (and no - this is not pointed at TomD) have enough pull with a bike manufacturer to see if they can cut us a deal on a replacement bike for Maurice - which we could buy direct - rather than paying full retail through a Canadian bike shop - sight unseen?

Even if they had us purchase the bike through one of their dealers to validate the transaction.

I'll find out more about the bike that was stolen - and any special mods the bike had to enable Maurice to ride it and get back to you

So????????????

Just a thought.....................................................................
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i mostly lurk but got off my butt for this. just sent $20 through paypal. good work u guys.

chris
Quote Reply
Re: SLOWTWITCHERS TO THE RESCUE - PLEASE READ [clincher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
count me in. I think it is such a great thing that you guys have done here and I hope it restores Maurice's faith in humanity.

Ellen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great job 140 & kitty. i plan on adding to the paypal fund when i get home from work. haven't gone through all the recent posts, but has the idea of getting him something for self defense, such as mace been brought up?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just donated, glad to help for a good cause, the world needs more good people like you and kittykat:)))))))

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just Paypal'd some $$.

Thanks for putting this together .Good job KittyC!

Fish

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next