Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [eamonmikami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks astig for the sharing. Our body size could be a lot different.

I think it might not be a proper place to ask for fitting issue with TM01. But I found that the sizing tool on BMC website is kind of difficult to use.
I have my body measured as:

Inseam
29"
Trunk
22.8"
Forearm
12.6"
Arm
24"
thigh
21.5"
Lower leg
19.1"
Sternal Notch
52.8"
Total height
5'4"

Would anyone be able to tell I still could fit in a proper aero position with this bike? Thank you a million. That would have saved me from mistake. TM01 is just too seducing and irresistible.
Last edited by: eamonmikami: Nov 21, 13 6:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a short torso so I have the stem at its shortest. Depending on your aerobars you can move the elbow pads back. With the pro missile evo , I was able to do that.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, thanks for these great suggestion. I will post my bike once I could fit one nicely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eamonmikami wrote:
Wow, thanks for these great suggestion. I will post my bike once I could fit one nicely.

I would highly suggest you head to a reputable fitter perhaps someone who uses Guru to identify if you would fit this or any other bike. ST has some great suggestions for fitters. You can make a bike fit or you can buy a bike that fits. Your call :).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Member of FishTwitch - Arriving to T1 alone and watching you go by on the run.
My Blog: http://poseidom.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eamonmikami wrote:
Thanks astig for the sharing. Our body size could be a lot different.

I think it might not be a proper place to ask for fitting issue with TM01. But I found that the sizing tool on BMC website is kind of difficult to use.
I have my body measured as:

Inseam
29"
Trunk
22.8"
Forearm
12.6"
Arm
24"
thigh
21.5"
Lower leg
19.1"
Sternal Notch
52.8"
Total height
5'4"

Would anyone be able to tell I still could fit in a proper aero position with this bike? Thank you a million. That would have saved me from mistake. TM01 is just too seducing and irresistible.

I am your height and I have a pad stack height of 506mm. I do not think that I could get close to that on the TM01, it is just too big. If you are spending this kind of money on a bike, you should really get a good fit before you buy one to get the dimensions you need to determine if a bike would fit. Maybe you could get the TM01 to work, but I doubt you would get a very fast position on it. They do look awesome though.

If I was you I would look at the 650c Felt DA or Cervelo NP3, both of those have very low stack heights. The new Trek SC may work, especially without the tilt hardware installed. The cervelo P5-6 will probably not work, especially if they are not selling the X-low position anymore, but the P5-3 with the right stem and aerobars may work.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for all your advices. I will definitely find the way for fitting first before making an order.
Had tried out Trek Speed Concept 9.9 XS size today and found it so fit with me. But still hope I could be a lucky short rider for TM01, haha.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you purchased from Evan's Cycle's before? Do they ship to the US?

Cheers.

Timex
GU Energy
Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [corduroy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, as I'm building up my machine, I'm curious as to the necessity of the brake noodles, especially of the ones in the rear as the functionality of the brakes seems to be nominal despite not having one.

Timex
GU Energy
Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Moontimechaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Moon, would you mind making an update of how the M-L fits once you get it. I was thinking of getting the 2014 TM02 L but was worried it may be too small for me. I'm 6'4"
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Rags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rags wrote:
Hey Moon, would you mind making an update of how the M-L fits once you get it. I was thinking of getting the 2014 TM02 L but was worried it may be too small for me. I'm 6'4"
I am 6'2" and the M-L fits fine. However this has more to do with your stack and reach than anything. I have a very short torso but I am very flexible. I would use the numbers on the BMC website and the measurements off your current bike for an approximation. Better go see a great fitter.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rags, The M-L I have was a new BMC pro team bike for a rider that's 6'5". We clearly have a different stack and reach, but I'm slowly getting it dialed in. Ordering a few stem spacers to help out, as the Easton Attack TT bar it came with is not very adjustable. I'll post a photo if and when it fits the way I want it to.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Moontimechaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moon, Poseidon, Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are the thoughts for group sets on the TM01, other than the Di2 stuff? Ideally I would like Di2, but it seems to be too pricey still. Looking to build on a 2012 frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [brian_j_smith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brian_j_smith wrote:
What are the thoughts for group sets on the TM01, other than the Di2 stuff? Ideally I would like Di2, but it seems to be too pricey still. Looking to build on a 2012 frame.

I got Campagnolo Super Record 11 speed on my TM01

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have SRAM Red and it's dandy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brian_j_smith wrote:

I have SRAM Red as well and it is very nice. I also got the new Zipp shift extensions and they fit the RTC shifters beautifully. One note on Di2. If you go to Ultegra you can only go to a 52 T front chain ring, DuraAce supports 55. This is a distinct difference on SRAM RED (maybe campy too) that you can go to 55.

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Poseidon2600] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great thanks for the info so far, I will look into both Campy and Sram Red…
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anybody knows if the frameset comes with the BB ?? I just bought a New 2013 Frame, i want to use my Di2 from the previous bike but have the BB30 problem, if the BB comes with the frame i will have to use the hollowtech adaptors, if not i could buy the praxis Works BB30 conversión, someone has used the praxis conversión in a 2013 frame ?? the guys at praxis told me that some new BMC frames use a custom AL Shell with a machined lip instead of the spec BB30 C-clips, and this custom non removable lips prevents the installation of the conversión BB, anybody ????
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Poseidon2600] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Poseidon2600 wrote:
One note on Di2. If you go to Ultegra you can only go to a 52 T front chain ring, DuraAce supports 55.
Huh? I have Ultegra Di2 6770 with Rotor 3D+ and 55/42 Q-Rings, works perfectly.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ponzi54] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ponzi54 wrote:
Does anybody knows if the frameset comes with the BB ?? I just bought a New 2013 Frame, i want to use my Di2 from the previous bike but have the BB30 problem, if the BB comes with the frame i will have to use the hollowtech adaptors, if not i could buy the praxis Works BB30 conversión, someone has used the praxis conversión in a 2013 frame ?? the guys at praxis told me that some new BMC frames use a custom AL Shell with a machined lip instead of the spec BB30 C-clips, and this custom non removable lips prevents the installation of the conversión BB, anybody ????

My 2012 frame did not com with BB30 bearings.

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [VP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
VP wrote:
Poseidon2600 wrote:
One note on Di2. If you go to Ultegra you can only go to a 52 T front chain ring, DuraAce supports 55.

Huh? I have Ultegra Di2 6770 with Rotor 3D+ and 55/42 Q-Rings, works perfectly.

The 6870 according to Shimano's documentation can only support 53 T (corrected from 52). http://bike.shimano.com/...type-.fddi_road.html

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just picked up my brand new 2013 BMC TM02 Ultegra.... I love the bike but I was really taken back by how small the turning radius is with the cockpit bars... I am coming from a Cervelo P2 where the cockpit bars do not have any limitations which result in the ability to make tight turns...

In contrast, the cockpit bars on the BMC are limited by little stops situated on the forks..... It seems like the bike will not have the ability to make tight tuns such as the Cervelo...

Has anyone noticed this or had any issues with this? Is there anyway to get more turning radius out of this cockpit?

Or is this something I will get accustomed to?

Thanks,

Hook Em' Horns
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [broncotw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need to go faster ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [broncotw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is true that there are 2 small stop.

But it is not something that limits you when you cycle and turn around in everyday.

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply

Prev Next