Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
REPLACEMENT: Aerus Biospeed Bike Travel Case
Quote | Reply
Hi,

it seems that the most popular bike case in our triathlon world is discontinueed :(

On http://www.mpgear.com, they suggest two replacements and I'm wondering if some of you have comment/recommandation about those:

- Swift Ochrana Bike Bag
- Mpog Travelspeed Softside Bike Travel Bag (which doesn't seem available too!!!)

Any other recommandation for a Aerus replacement?

Thanks,
Fred
Quote Reply
Re: REPLACEMENT: Aerus Biospeed Bike Travel Case [quickguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That swift is an exact copy of the biospeed bag.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: REPLACEMENT: Aerus Biospeed Bike Travel Case [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they are running a weekend sale.. 30% off

There are some minor changes/improvements over the aerus bag but it is the same stealthy size.

http://www.cyclocrossracing.com/...rana-Bike-Bag/1.html
Quote Reply
Re: REPLACEMENT: Aerus Biospeed Bike Travel Case [jonny_noh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot. I just bought one!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out the Pika Packworks bags, http://pikapackworks.com.

I have been extremely happy with mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
quickguru wrote:
Thanks a lot. I just bought one!

Glad it worked out for you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As many of you know i have used this bag for 7+years now. I have taken it EVERYWHERE. Europe, Asia and all over the US.

Great bag.

if you have any questions about it just let me know.

Chance Regina
President
AVC Enterprises
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, just purchased!! I was eyeing this for a while and was planning on purchasing before next season because my 3 main races I am flying to so this sale made me move my purchase plans up a few months.
Quote Reply
Re: REPLACEMENT: Aerus Biospeed Bike Travel Case [GrapeJuice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will second this as a great bike bag. I have had mine for 7 years now. I have lost track of how many flight legs and miles that case has logged. My ONLY beef is the lack of wheels. Even when I keep it light, the size coupled with weight is awkward, and perhaps more so since I am living life around some neck/head injuries that are now chronic...if this thing could have some wheels it would be golden.
Quote Reply
Re: REPLACEMENT: Aerus Biospeed Bike Travel Case [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I added wheels to mine. Super easy to do, just a piece of plywood cut to fit in the bottom and caster wheels screwed through the case into the wood at the 4 bottom corners (I reinforced the fabric first). So easy to drag now, but I can still pick it up if needed.
Quote Reply
Re: REPLACEMENT: Aerus Biospeed Bike Travel Case [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought of doing that, but I thought the external wheels would get sheered off. But sounds like you had a positive experience. Maybe I will try that for my next trip!
Quote Reply
Re: REPLACEMENT: Aerus Biospeed Bike Travel Case [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev, please dont add wheels, I plan on borrowing your bag for Kona 2019 and hope to sneak it through a couple more check points (again)!!!

Thanks to Euro-Sports for my H3Cs.

http://www.euro-sports.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I did it again I would move the wheels about 3 inches in from the ends of the bags. That wat they are a little more hidden/out of the way and you can still pick up one end and pull it on the other 2 wheels. (I use the strap that cinched on the end as a hadle). It's also possible to take the wheels off but you'd have the holes in the canvas. And I don't know why you would. It functions the same and is easier w/ wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: REPLACEMENT: Aerus Biospeed Bike Travel Case [chance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chance,
Will a xl shiv fit in it? Indeed a bag for panama?
Thx
Quote Reply
Re: REPLACEMENT: Aerus Biospeed Bike Travel Case [KaiserChief] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KaiserChief wrote:
Chance,
Will a xl shiv fit in it? Indeed a bag for panama?
Thx
Kaiser,

Well, i am way too short to ride an XL and have not been on a Specialized in a long time so i cant answer for sure...but, i can tell you this. The Wurteles are about as tall as they come in Triathlon and they used this same bag when the Triad was a bike with a seat mast. One of them had to remove the crank to use it but the other didnt.

If you will measure from the bottom of the CHAINRINGS to the top of the seatpost and then measure from the very back edge of your rear wheel to the top of the headtube I will measure the inside of my bag here and let you know what i come up with.

Chance Regina
President
AVC Enterprises
Quote Reply
Re: REPLACEMENT: Aerus Biospeed Bike Travel Case [chance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Chance. 36" on the height. 48" on the diagonal assuming no add on for cockpit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree this is a great bag. I loaned it to a friend and he made up a simple removable set of wheels on a small piece of plywood, held on by bungie cord. You can borrow that if you want Dev. Personally, I only add my helmet and a pump with the bike so keep the bag light enough that it's easy enough to carry without the wheels.

-----------------------------------------------------------
"No more hurting people - Peace"
Quote Reply
Re: REPLACEMENT: Aerus Biospeed Bike Travel Case [bmas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume everyone that uses this bag carries race wheels in it. Being on the outside of the bag I'm very nervous they'll get damaged from being thrown around. Can someone calm my nerves or give me a solution for this? I also didn't get the skewers that are supposed to come with the bag. I guess they were out.

"Sweep the leg...Do you have a problem with that?" - John Kreese
Quote Reply
Re: REPLACEMENT: Aerus Biospeed Bike Travel Case [CobraKai Triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We will have the bag back in stock this summer along with some additional bags we are working on.
Quote Reply
Re: REPLACEMENT: Aerus Biospeed Bike Travel Case [CobraKai Triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CobraKai Triguy wrote:
I assume everyone that uses this bag carries race wheels in it. Being on the outside of the bag I'm very nervous they'll get damaged from being thrown around. Can someone calm my nerves or give me a solution for this? I also didn't get the skewers that are supposed to come with the bag. I guess they were out.

Anyone?

"Sweep the leg...Do you have a problem with that?" - John Kreese
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could insert some extra bubble wrap around the wheels, but there's still a risk of damage if the bag is seriously manhandled. I got some assurance in reading that baggage handlers typically only throw around heavy baggage, and since this bag is so light they are much less likely to throw it and will handle it a bit more carefully.

-----------------------------------------------------------
"No more hurting people - Peace"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you need the skewers for the fork and rear triangle go to a hardware store and buy a threaded steel bar. have it cut to fit the fork and rear triangle. Buy 8x washers and 8x wingnuts that fit it.

I've never had a problem with my wheels packed in the bag like the bag is designed. Never had any problems with my bike or anything in the bag like it is designed. The bag itself is bulky enough that it can't really be thrown around. And since it's soft side it's less likely anything thing will be stacked on top of it.
Quote Reply
Re: REPLACEMENT: Aerus Biospeed Bike Travel Case [SpicedRum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,

Do any of you know whether some thin inflatables would fit in the Orchana bags? I am thinking of small floating lilos used in swimming pools to add extra protection
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one in good condition I no longer use. Used probably 10-15 times with no significant wear on it. PM if interested in buying
Quote Reply
Re: REPLACEMENT: Aerus Biospeed Bike Travel Case [Dnowak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Dnowak, Just tried sending you a PM but keep getting a message that reads, "You are not allowed to send personal messages." Is the bag still available? Thanks
Last edited by: Sri: Oct 24, 14 9:53
Quote Reply

Prev Next