Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [jimmeebee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a SRAM Red / Quarq (it is coming off as I have Power Cranks. I also have them on an FSA on my road bike. Did you watch the Garmin videos on Pod angle and spacers? Perhaps you could post a picture?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Member of FishTwitch - Arriving to T1 alone and watching you go by on the run.
My Blog: http://poseidom.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Poseidon2600] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your help, I've sorted it now though. It appears that it doesn't actually matter which way the pod is connected to the crank (3 or 9 O'clock) . It will go on one way but not the other as the hole is not central on the crank.

Now to sort out what seems like a low reading. Having looked on the garmin forums, it looks like it's because I don't have the pedals torqued correctly.....
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Race ready at Miami 70.3. 2:26

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who makes that gear box on the seat tube? Or is that hydration?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [texafornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Torhans VR bottle, designed originally as hydration but modified for the flat kit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone had an issue with their fork hitting the frame and chipping off paint? Mine has a pea sized spot on both sides with missing paint. I got it that way from the bike shop. It was new old stock and sold "as is". I have some white touch up paint from my talon that I think will match. Any thoughts on how to touch the spots up and keep it from happening again?
Thanks,
Ryan
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [HereForTheShirt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

My bmc tm02 in blue..

Thought I'd post a picture as there doesn't seem to be much on this colour scheme.
Last edited by: jda3000: Nov 2, 13 14:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HereForTheShirt wrote:
Has anyone had an issue with their fork hitting the frame and chipping off paint? Mine has a pea sized spot on both sides with missing paint. I got it that way from the bike shop. It was new old stock and sold "as is". I have some white touch up paint from my talon that I think will match. Any thoughts on how to touch the spots up and keep it from happening again?
Thanks,
Ryan

I haven't had this issue. Do you have a picture?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had the exact same happen to me. Interested to hear how you sort it.

P.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [pgibbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pgibbo wrote:
I've had the exact same happen to me. Interested to hear how you sort it.

P.
I picked up a testors sanding kit. It comes with 5 sheets ranging from "fine" to like "ultra mega can't even tell its sand paper" fine. I sanded down the areas progressively getting finer. I finished up the areas with maguier's (sp) rubbing compound and polishing compound from the car wash drawer. I mixed some white gloss, clear enamel, and a drop of black gloss enamels to try and get as close as possible to the color. It's not exact but after a few hours of applying, wiping off and, remixing, I gave up on the perfect match and went with what I had. I picked up a very fine tipped paintbrush for the job... Like 000 or something. Also, krud cutter from hardware store is good to have because you can wipe off the paint even after is has dried for awhile. I figured it out on a whim when I realized that water wouldn't do the trick. Goo gone or something else might also work. It still needs to sit for about 48 hours to cure. It doesn't look so great right now as a blob of paint on the spots. But I think once it cures, and I sand it down and polish, I think it will look fine. I will probably cover the sites with some sort of low profile adhesive rubber disc or something I can repurpose from Home Depot.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can anyone tell me if this bike runs a size larger than normal? Seems to me that people around 5'10 are getting a M-L instead of a L.

Thanks.

Timex
GU Energy
Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [corduroy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would say the TM01 runs a little long. The TM02 may fit more like it should on paper, since it has a non-integrated stem/fork.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
corduroy wrote:
Can anyone tell me if this bike runs a size larger than normal? Seems to me that people around 5'10 are getting a M-L instead of a L.

Thanks.

I am 6'2" and I run a ML, in fact right between and ML and an MS. I would say that the L is very big.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's odd because when I put my fit measurements into the BMC Sizing Tool, they have me dialed in as a L.

Timex
GU Energy
Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'3" and I just got a M-L. I'm hoping it's not too small. It's a year old and didn't come with the extra bar extensions. Any of you know where I can order a set?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be cautious with that size, I'm 5'11-6'0 and fit a M-L well. I've got space to tweak in all directions, but going by their fit coordinates grid, there's essentially no overlap between what the stem and extensions can achieve for a M-L vs a Large.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Moontimechaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6'2" and fitter put me on large. Fits beautifully.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [OZgriffiths] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in the same boat. I'm somewhere to the right of 3 or 4 in terms of stem positioning on their chart.

Timex
GU Energy
Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [OZgriffiths] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But in terms of stack, you can use an aerobar riser to raise the extension bars and armrests (basebar, of course, doesn't move) to effectively fill the M-L/L gap. Profile Design bars, according to them, can be raised max. 40mm (I'm sure you can do more, at your own risk). 3t Brezza, I think, is 60mm. Hope that helps.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Moontimechaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moontimechaos wrote:
I'm 6'3" and I just got a M-L. I'm hoping it's not too small. It's a year old and didn't come with the extra bar extensions. Any of you know where I can order a set?

You can, the part numbers are in the manual. If you don't have the manual it is available via PDF on the BMC website. On other alternative. I bought two sets of stem extensions and some new bolts. I now have a stem that can extend 30 more CM if I need it!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'2" and have a L and think it fits perfectly. In fact Slowman fitted me on a course and agreed. The trend to go on the smaller side was a furphy IMO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where can I order those stem extensions!
I'm maxed out on the reach.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Onpch1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Onpch1 wrote:
Where can I order those stem extensions!
I'm maxed out on the reach.
Thanks

Here http://www.evanscycles.com/...e-fork-tm01-ec033243

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My local dealer was able to order them for me. Keep in mind you need to go get your own bolts as they won't come with bolts long enough.

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there any owner height around 5'4"? And Inseam 29"?
Is it still comfortable to adjust the TM01 for a short rider in aero position? Will a short crank at 16x mm help?

Thanks a lot, if any owner around this height could post photo of their bike would be so much appreciated.
Keen to ride on this machine, but afraid I am too short to fit with it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next