Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't think you'll notice any difference between the Tiagra and 105 front (especially the 2013 versions - which are on that bike).

When I was bike shopping I witnessed firsthand each component being weighed (I'm waaaaaaaaay too anal for my own good). They were within .01 ounces of each other. The same weight.

Performance wise - I don't think there is a difference.

That said, my vanity had me going with a 105 regardless.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know practically, and at my speed, it's probably fine. But it's so..... Tiagra, you know?

I have DA front and rear DRs I will likely swap over anyway
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all This is my 1st post. Glad to read all tm owners thread. It's really helpful.
My BMC TM01 Set up

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [doedoel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice!
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never mind, figured it out
Last edited by: ChrisM: Oct 7, 13 19:03
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [doedoel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doedoel wrote:
Hi all This is my 1st post. Glad to read all tm owners thread. It's really helpful.
My BMC TM01 Set up

Very nice. I noticed that your cadence / speed monitor has the arm down instead of up. Very good idea!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Member of FishTwitch - Arriving to T1 alone and watching you go by on the run.
My Blog: http://poseidom.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Poseidon2600] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Do / did you have a Shiv?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [VP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
VP did you, or have you since encountered any problems with firmware integration using the old EW67-A-E junction? I'm considering doing something similar but have been cautioned by Shimano that the EW67-AE wont be getting firmware updates and is actually being discontinued.

Short of using the EW67, has anyone come up with a good way to hide the 5 port they'd be willing to share? I was a little disappointed that the new 2014's didn't make any attempt to address cleaning up the front Di2 junction, and in all their photos they just have it zip tied on the bottom of one of the aero extensions.

VP wrote:
Tamu8104 wrote:
Where did you put the 5-port junction box?

The 5-port junction SM-EW90-B was too bulky so I opted for a SM-EW67A-E and two extra SM-JC41's instead:

The SM-JC41's and all cables are stuffed inside the bars. You can see the SM-EW67A-E near the stem in the frontal photo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still dialing in my fit so I haven't completely integrated the wiring in the cockpit. I'm also trying to find a good way to hide the 5 port junction box.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
astig wrote:
I'm also trying to find a good way to hide the 5 port junction box.

I have the 5-port junction piggy-backing on the stem cover. I have a good bit of stem rise, so this approach may not work as well on lower stack setups:

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [BAG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BAG wrote:
VP did you, or have you since encountered any problems with firmware integration using the old EW67-A-E junction?
No problems with the firmware.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [VP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did any of you guys manage to place a Garmin 910 XT nicely while at the same time having a BTA bottle? I'm struggling with all sorts of zip ties etc across the stem spacers etc. but nothing seems to work right...
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [albafar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
albafar wrote:
Did any of you guys manage to place a Garmin 910 XT nicely while at the same time having a BTA bottle? I'm struggling with all sorts of zip ties etc across the stem spacers etc. but nothing seems to work right...

Speedfil z4 (see pic post 197)
Last edited by: ChrisM: Oct 10, 13 12:34
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
albafar wrote:

Speedfil z4

I concur with the Z4. Best solution out there and simple.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [kenpetruzzelli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some pics from my TM-01 setup:

I am currently using a mix of Ultegra 6750 Di2 and Dura Ace. I have placed all the front cables inside the aerobar using 2 x SM-JC41 and a SM-EW67-A that I also managed to place inside the frame.

Warming-up for the Rio de Janeiro Individual TIme Trial State Championship:

Action....

Results: First place in the State Time Trial and Second in STate Road Race (Used a TMR-01)

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Tgondii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome - congrats on 1st place finish!

Would you mind telling me if you needed to do any mods to get the DI2 FD working with the QXL rings? I have had a heck of a time with the braze-on mount on the TM01 frame and my DI2 FD with QRings. I cannot even imagine how you got QXLs dialed in.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [multisport4me] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
multisport4me wrote:

Would you mind telling me if you needed to do any mods to get the DI2 FD working with the QXL rings? I have had a heck of a time with the braze-on mount on the TM01 frame and my DI2 FD with QRings. I cannot even imagine how you got QXLs dialed in.

Thanks, that was a hard race.....

Rotor ships the QXL with an small adapter that replaces the fd in order to become compatible with the QXL. Its a very easy and fast setup to be honest. The hard part was to find the rings that were compatible with the DA 9000 cranks (I use a stages power meter so, could not go with ROTOR cranks). If you want I can take some pics latter of the adapter...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tgondii wrote:
multisport4me wrote:

Thanks, that was a hard race.....

Rotor ships the QXL with an small adapter that replaces the fd in order to become compatible with the QXL. Its a very easy and fast setup to be honest. The hard part was to find the rings that were compatible with the DA 9000 cranks (I use a stages power meter so, could not go with ROTOR cranks). If you want I can take some pics latter of the adapter...

Thanks! I will contact Rotor to see if they'll sell the adapter.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [multisport4me] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Completed my build. Tried my best to hide the Di2 box and wiring...at least from the drive side it looks clean.

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats a great and clean job Astig. When I was using the 5 way-junction, mine was prety much the same, but I decided to switch to the old external junction + 2 41's inside the Missile. Its a knightmare to mount the setup but it hides virtualy everything, including all junctions.

Some pics of the detailed setup + the adaptor from ROTOR in order to the fd becomes compatible with the QXL rings.

ps' sorry for the bad english guys, I am not a native speaker...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is my new baby minus the trainer tire which is swapped for an 808 on race day. Not quite done yet but have been waiting to get this up here. The Quarq is coming off and being sold as I have PowerCranks and Vectors plus the fit isn't complete and hence the cables aren't hidden in the front yet.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone been able to fit garmin vector pedals to a bmc timemachine tm02 (2012)? I have just got the pedals and they will not fit on the standard FSA Vision chainset.

I am thinking of changing the chainset, has anyone got any recommendations on what may work?

Thanks.

Jim
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [jimmeebee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimmeebee wrote:
Has anyone been able to fit garmin vector pedals to a bmc timemachine tm02 (2012)? I have just got the pedals and they will not fit on the standard FSA Vision chainset.

I am thinking of changing the chainset, has anyone got any recommendations on what may work?

Thanks.

Jim

I have them even though they aren't shown in the picture above. Why don't they fit?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The pod won't fit around the bottom of the crank as it is too wide. It looks like you have a different chainset. What type is it?
Quote Reply

Prev Next