Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
iOS 7 texting problems...
Quote | Reply
Since I "upgraded" to the cartoonish iOS 7 the majority of my texts don't go through. I recieve them just fine. When sending them they get stuck in "sending" mode and never go through.

Anyone else? Fix?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: iOS 7 texting problems... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't had any issues with this issue,
Sorry no help.
Ben
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't seen this one yet. Have you wiped and reloaded it?

A friend has an iPhone 4 and since the upgrade it no longer does iMessage. Apple rules.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This has happened to me too. When it does, I've found it means it can't send the text as an 'iPhone text' (formatted blue). I press and hold (like you're trying to copy) the text trying to be sent and choose 'send as text' (formatted green) from the pop-up options, and it usually goes right through.

At least that's my experience. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This has been happening to my cousin. She has the 4 and I think it's because it won't go as iMessage. She has to turn off and on the phone to make it work.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: iOS 7 texting problems... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tell your friend that they need to sign into iCloud on the phone so that imessage will work. They probably skipped it during the setup not wanting to type the password.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: iOS 7 texting problems... [jarhead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jarhead wrote:
This has happened to me too. When it does, I've found it means it can't send the text as an 'iPhone text' (formatted blue). I press and hold (like you're trying to copy) the text trying to be sent and choose 'send as text' (formatted green) from the pop-up options, and it usually goes right through.

At least that's my experience. Good luck!

Bingo.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.macrumors.com/...ot-working-in-ios-7/

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: iOS 7 texting problems... [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nebmot wrote:
Tell your friend that they need to sign into iCloud on the phone so that imessage will work. They probably skipped it during the setup not wanting to type the password.
Why would you need to sign into iCloud to get iMessage to send a message?

BTW, this has been happening to me too.

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nebmot wrote:
http://www.macrumors.com/2013/09/30/resetting-network-settings-may-fix-imessages-not-working-in-ios-7/

Got it. Fixed.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: iOS 7 texting problems... [kmh1225] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iMessage is an iCloud service. It uses Apples servers to send the messages. That's how the phone knows that the other person is an iOS user and sends it via iMessage instead of SMS. If you look at your iMessage settings in you will see @me.com @icloud.com and @mac.com addresses, as well as your phone number. Your phone number was registered with them. So if you don't sign in, your phone has no way to authenticate with the Apple servers.

Make sense?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nebmot wrote:
iMessage is an iCloud service. It uses Apples servers to send the messages. That's how the phone knows that the other person is an iOS user and sends it via iMessage instead of SMS. If you look at your iMessage settings in you will see @me.com @icloud.com and @mac.com addresses, as well as your phone number. Your phone number was registered with them. So if you don't sign in, your phone has no way to authenticate with the Apple servers.

Make sense?
Yes it makes sense BUT, I use my email kyra@kyramorgan.com and phone number - I'm not using a icloud.com, me.com or mac.com email address registered with iMessage (I just checked)

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like some of the features that I've seen, but don't like the appearance. The washed out design makes it difficult for my tired old eyes to clearly see the screen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your kyra@kyramorgan.com must be an icloud account. Did you register it with apple? Is it your iTunes account?

Quote Reply
Re: iOS 7 texting problems... [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
Like some of the features that I've seen, but don't like the appearance. The washed out design makes it difficult for my tired old eyes to clearly see the screen.

When I'm awakened by late night messages from the horny neighbors the skinny font disappears from my tired eyes.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nebmot wrote:

He's signed into iCloud. Trying this fix next...

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nebmot wrote:
Your kyra@kyramorgan.com must be an icloud account. Did you register it with apple? Is it your iTunes account?

none of the above...these are the only accounts I have registered to iMessage and my kmh1225 is only used for iTunes....my kyra@kyramorgan.com is not connected at all. Do I need to go to Apple and have them look at all this?

Last edited by: kmh1225: Oct 1, 13 14:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What does it say with you click on the circle i?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same here. If I turn off cellular data, they go through the first time. But then there's no data connection.

All messages are sent as iMessage (which I'm not sure are received or not), not SMS.

I looked this morning & couldn't find a solution.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nebmot wrote:
What does it say with you click on the circle i?
"Remove This Email"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you sure that address has worked in the past?

http://support.apple.com/..._US&locale=en_US

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ALWAYS! I've never used another address. It's on my iPad and MacBook Pro too - everything is set up exactly the same. I'm worried if I have Apple look at it, everything will get screwed up.So weird. Thanks for your help :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll email you directly to help you out...

We can sort it out...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Since I "upgraded" to the cartoonish iOS 7 the majority of my texts don't go through. I recieve them just fine. When sending them they get stuck in "sending" mode and never go through.

Anyone else? Fix?

This! I noticed yest and thought it was bad service? What's the deal?

---------------------------------------------------
Holden Cain, ObGyn..."People pulling people out of people"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was wondering if this was gonna be about the keyboard size. I'm convinced they changed the key locations and it's driving me up a wall.
Quote Reply

Prev Next