Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Soreness 2-3 inches above ankle? Peroneal tendon?
Quote | Reply
Tuesday I was running and I inverted my ankle. I slipped on a rock and I wasn't paying attention. It didn't hurt at all and I was able to complete my run without any pain or discomfort. I was able to run in the afternoon as well without any pain/discomfort. Wednesday AM I was able to run 5 miles without any problems but later in the day yesterday the side of my leg was sore....only walking during the push off stage. I was able to run on it this AM without any pain but only is sore when walking. Is it possible that the inverted ankle I experienced Tuesday is showing up 24-48hrs later? Is it the peroneal tendon? Should I continue to run on it if it doesn't hurt. Any other treatments?
Quote Reply
Re: Soreness 2-3 inches above ankle? Peroneal tendon? [Mrdavidalex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have torn my peroneal tendon. I didn't know it that night. The next morning it was sore. I darn sure knew it the moment I tried to run. Every stride was painful and no amount of stretching and loosening resolved that. It turned out to be a "vertical" tear.

So the good news is that you can run without pain. That doesn't sound like a tear to me. I would take it easy until the pain resides.
Last edited by: CPA_PFS: Aug 29, 13 6:47
Quote Reply
Re: Soreness 2-3 inches above ankle? Peroneal tendon? [CPA_PFS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The funny thing I was reading my past log notes and I had the same exact soreness back in October. Maybe it wasn't from the inverted ankle but just running on the road more than usual. It looks like it went away last time in a few days so I am hoping the same.
Quote Reply