Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Helmet choices - Giro Aeon or Specialized Prevail
Quote | Reply
I've narrowed my next helmet purchase down to Giro's Aeon or Specialized Prevail. Plan to use it for training and in hot weather long course events.

Suggestions or advice?
Quote Reply
Re: Helmet choices - Giro Aeon or Specialized Prevail [kirby116] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMO prevail or the heavier/cheaper option. I could tell a significant difference in air flow over Giro.
Quote Reply
Re: Helmet choices - Giro Aeon or Specialized Prevail [kirby116] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Aeron. A giro helmet legit saved my life - so I was happy to give them my business for the crash replacement/ upgrade. That said - I tried the prevail it had really good air flow. I don't really overheat, even in the 90+ humid, northeast. Either flip a coin or pick which one fits best.

Thoughts on being an Urban Triathlete
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Aeon. It's light, comfortable, looks good, and ventilates well. The only downside is that I feel like it is made to last 2 seasons or so. I've had mine for about 1.5 years and I can see noticeable wear to the retention system and wear the retention system connects to the foam core of the helmet.

I haven't used the prevail. I had an older specialized helmet that worked well for me, but if I had to choose one or the other, I'd probably do the aeon. I get tired of equipment after about 2 years, so replacing a helmet that often isn't a huge deal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had both. The Aeon was lighter, hotter, and much less comfortable.

Got rid of it and kept the Prevail.
Quote Reply