Quote | Reply
New membre of the family....

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [SAMHYTO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Samhyto,

Are you willing to part with your CAD/CAM files or make one of your products that i could buy? i desperately want one of these... :)

thoughts?

Shane
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [Professor Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Professor Chaos,
How did you get the Tillquist mount?...how can I get one?

shane
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [shanemario] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shane,

I believe the guy I made them for has 4 left, all anodized black.

I don't have his telephone number with me right now, but send me an email at samhyto@aol.com and I'll email it to you tommorrow.

Sam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The guy that owns them has them listed on ebay, here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/....l2649#ht_140wt_1170

Thanks,

Sam
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [SC_NICK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish I could do 3D printing!

I find that the current options from barfly k-edge (etc.) do a great job for road handlebars, but I'm still not happy with most offerings for between the aerobars. Yours looks like the best option I've seen out there.

Just to add to the thread, I've my DIY mount is simple and effective. Just drill some holes in the original mount and zip tie it to the aerobars. I've found it works quite well for the purpose!

[URL=http://s557.photobucket.com/...zps0f77022a.jpg.html][/url]
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I'm torn between the different out front mounts available. Morten Tillquist's mount is a thing of beauty and is ludicrously light for how solid it looks. It therefore ticks all of my boxes. The only concern I have is the all metal interface to attach the Garmin to. Does this wear away the softer Garmin unit like the original K-Edge is accused of doing? Any users out there with comments either way?

Many thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [londoncommuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

NEW mount for ENVE (EDGE) stem......... :-)

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have purchased the Tillquist Garmin 500 mount. It is really really nice. Beautifully machined and lightweight. I live in US and purchased from him last year. Should have bought two!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [londoncommuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
londoncommuter wrote:
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I'm torn between the different out front mounts available. Morten Tillquist's mount is a thing of beauty and is ludicrously light for how solid it looks. It therefore ticks all of my boxes. The only concern I have is the all metal interface to attach the Garmin to. Does this wear away the softer Garmin unit like the original K-Edge is accused of doing? Any users out there with comments either way?

Many thanks

To add additional comment. I have used mine for well over 3,000 miles including rough terrain and it has not worn away the Garmin surface. Still clicks in very nicely and has never fallen or twisted out. In fact in hold position throughout ride (I never have had to adjust to straighten back into position). Working great.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [RRWJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have CAD models they would be willing to share for 3D printing?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Tillquist [ In reply to ]
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [RRWJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New in the family......

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [gttri15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Private message sent.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [lemond853] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lemond853 wrote:
Private message sent.

I have not received a private message from you

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting. Where and how do you mount the track mount? Under the seat?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [Frenchman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frenchman wrote:

Yes it is mounted on the saddle rails with zip ties.

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tillquist wrote:
Frenchman wrote:

Yes it is mounted on the saddle rails with zip ties.

Cool. I've done that with a regular Garmin plastic mount into which I drilled two small holes. I can then thread a single zip tie through. I actually have a better idea but can't produce it.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [Frenchman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are interested, so I sell Garmin mount for € 27 from today and throughout the month of May.

You can send me a E-mail if you are interested....

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

New mount coming soon......

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [djb_rh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi.
Did you ever find a source for the male part of the Garmin mount? I would like to use one to mount an Iphone case to my bar mount.

Richard
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [riddon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought this new Bontrizzle stem was pretty slick:

Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [riddon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
riddon wrote:
Hi.
Did you ever find a source for the male part of the Garmin mount? I would like to use one to mount an Iphone case to my bar mount.

No. I think the best way to do this is to buy either the Wahoo RFLKT mount kit for a Garmin mount (pretty sure they sell this separately) or get one of the 910XT or 310XT kits that converts the watch to mount in a quarter-turn mount. Then modify as necessary by cutting and drilling some plastic.

Unless someone has come out with something generic by now, which may have happened but I haven't been looking. I'm away from home for another couple weeks, but I'd also guess that someone may have designed something in CAD that could be 3D printed. You might check Thingiverse.com and search for Garmin stuff and wade through and see if there's something suitable there. If so, you can pay one of the online 3D print companies to print it (much more expensive than the modified option above, but probably better if the right thing exists), or wait a couple weeks for me to get back and I can print it as I have a Makerbot myself now. If nothing exists I might be willing to give it a go to draw something...I've tried once, but my CAD skills weren't quite up to it. I've gotten a little better since then, though, so maybe...

It's also a slightly complex part to print on a printer of the type mine is, too. May need slightly higher resolution than I have, hard to say until I try.

--Donnie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi - I just bought a 2014 Giant Propel and am looking for a Garmin mount identical to the one in your post (black anodized). Are you marketing these mounts? I'd love to have one... The bolt spread on my stem is 30mm. Yours look great... beats the above stem mount with rubber bands...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are these mounts available for sale anywhere?

Thanks.

Last edited by: CYCLEVOLUTION: Aug 10, 15 14:57
Quote Reply

Prev Next