Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vane rich ladies and celebs get 'knee lifts' for this very reason. Here's the Daily Mail making us feel all kinds of special about our aging knees:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...oing-weak-knees.html
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I am wondering the same thing. Loves me some tight capris.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [Yknot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yknot wrote:
travelmama wrote:
Allie wrote:
Perhaps they don't want to chafe. Sometimes shorts can do that in high humidity conditions.

This here. Finding the right shorts is like trying to find the perfect fitting shoe. Neither come easy which is why women will wear capri pants to run or flip flops to run errands.

Honest question- how is it then that we men, who I will agree are vastly outmatched in almost any other category, are able to accomplish this feat so easily? I am pretty happy in pretty much all the shorts and shoes that I have.

I was just having this discussion with a lady friend. She was shocked to hear that when she is not over I sleep in jeans. This makes perfect sense to me. I come home from work, run, shower, put some clothes on, do whatever till I am tired and then fall asleep in whatever clothes I am wearing. Makes perfect sense to me yet she seemed to think I should be uncomfortable sleeping like this.

Do girls intentionally select clothes based on maximum discomfort?

I definitely don't sleep in jeans. I gotta be naked or else I get hot.

But I will agree that I never have issues with shorts. As for shoes, most women's shoes are horribly uncomfortable.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This it what the womens wear around these parts for walking the dog, taking the kids to school, going to Starbucks, etc. I rarely see someone actually working out in this attire.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
Duffy wrote:
"Suffocating my triangle"?

Fabric riding up the crotch.

I knew what you meant. Just never heard it stated that way.

BTW, I've seen some serious camel toe when these tights are utilized. Isn't that also "suffocating the triangle"?

For an instructional video on how suffocate someone using a triangle click below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMfDjnetoLI

Just a note on that video... Pedro says to grab your own foot while adjusting the triangle. This can injure your foot if the guy postures up hard. Better to grab at the shin.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's no real problem, per se. But, should each of these ladies be wearing the exact same fabric cut off in the thigh area, you'd have the same goodness, more skin, better legs, and a greater cooling effect. Certainly these girls ain't hiding no cellulite or excessive knee juice.

JSA wrote:
What the problem is?

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
Duffy wrote:
"Suffocating my triangle"?

Fabric riding up the crotch.
HAHAHAHA. I hear ya and JenSW.

I am not overweight by a long shot, but my body type is more J-Lo than Kate Moss. I am tall with long legs (torso isn't all that off normal length) so a 2" inseam short is oftentimes just stupid looking. Of course now, in some inane effort to make running "sexy" they make shorts with 1.5" inseams which means nothing more than my booty will bounce out of them (not good).

The Nike Tempo shorts fit but they make your ass look like a blob of fabric. I wear them because I don't really care what it looks like so much as "is my butt cheek saying hello to strangers?" and "if I run in the rain or high humidity will I need bag balm?" questions receive a resounding "NO".

I have found that Pearl Izumi shorts fit well and the Mizuno Mustang running shorts work well for me. They are a tad longer and they have a zipper pocket (handy dandy). The liner doesn't give me fits either.

Oh, and those shorts with the cutesy boy short liners are nothing more than a giant recipe for frustration when you have a booty. I do more picking fabric out of my hooha than running if I wear those.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point. I've noticed all runners (at least marathoners) have great looking legs even if there upper bodies are overweight.

Have you seen the tail end of a marathon lately?
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [Allie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Allie wrote:
Oh, and those shorts with the cutesy boy short liners are nothing more than a giant recipe for frustration when you have a booty. I do more picking fabric out of my hooha than running if I wear those.

I don't have a booty...but I DO have the dreaded Long Butt. (Also called Dude Butt or, when actually on a dude, Noassitol) Even normal swimsuits/underpants don't cover the cheek. Do not get me started on the stupidity of boy shorts (and the horrid "cheekie" underpants). :D

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [kcb203] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't understand 90% of the shit women do, and I AM one.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms

Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [mmrocker13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mmrocker13 wrote:
I don't understand 90% of the shit women do, and I AM one.

HAAHAHAHA. YES!

The whole matching ensemble has always perplexed me. I look like a clown some days on a run. I figure the nuttier it looks, the less I will be bothered.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [Yknot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yknot wrote:
travelmama wrote:
Allie wrote:
Perhaps they don't want to chafe. Sometimes shorts can do that in high humidity conditions.

This here. Finding the right shorts is like trying to find the perfect fitting shoe. Neither come easy which is why women will wear capri pants to run or flip flops to run errands.

Honest question- how is it then that we men, who I will agree are vastly outmatched in almost any other category, are able to accomplish this feat so easily? I am pretty happy in pretty much all the shorts and shoes that I have.

I was just having this discussion with a lady friend. She was shocked to hear that when she is not over I sleep in jeans. This makes perfect sense to me. I come home from work, run, shower, put some clothes on, do whatever till I am tired and then fall asleep in whatever clothes I am wearing. Makes perfect sense to me yet she seemed to think I should be uncomfortable sleeping like this.

Do girls intentionally select clothes based on maximum discomfort?

I believe women's wider pelvis, makes for more knock-kneed gait in some women which probably leads to chaffing in greater numbers than men.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [Allie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I go for A) relatively clean and B) weather-appropriate. Therein ends my style.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms

Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [mmrocker13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mmrocker13 wrote:
I go for A) relatively clean and B) weather-appropriate. Therein ends my style.

Bingo.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [jl2732] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jl2732 wrote:
Yet some of the women I see walking around town in short shorts should be wearing capris. Quite a conundrum.

and you look so hot that you can judge all around you???
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [TriGirrrrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriGirrrrl wrote:
jl2732 wrote:
Yet some of the women I see walking around town in short shorts should be wearing capris. Quite a conundrum.

and you look so hot that you can judge all around you???

Whoa there. Who said you have to be hot to think that people should cover up their body parts? I could be 400 lbs but I am still entitled to that opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [jl2732] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
because if it is hot out and a woman has cellulite and she wants to wear shorts then just don't look!
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [TriGirrrrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I said "walking around town" I meant walking around town. Not out for a run or getting exercise. As in shopping, dining out, etc. Jesus.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jl2732 wrote:
When I said "walking around town" I meant walking around town. Not out for a run or getting exercise. As in shopping, dining out, etc. Jesus.

so don't look at them!
if they are ok with the way they look who are you to suggest they should not wear that? the fashion police?
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [kcb203] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thunder thighs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jl2732 wrote:

You must be talking about Indiana during the summer fairs.

Disco
South Bend, IN

Habitual Line Stepper..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read some interesting temps for wearing tights? 60, 65? Come on... Under 35 ish is tights time. There has to be a whole lotta sweat goin on!

Disco
South Bend, IN

Habitual Line Stepper..
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [triscooteremu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triscooteremu wrote:
jl2732 wrote:

Texas. Everything's bigger in Texas.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jl2732 wrote:
triscooteremu wrote:
jl2732 wrote:

Texas. Everything's bigger in Texas.

Nice. Ill let you know tonight if we are on our way to catching up. The fried anything certainly is a helper!

Disco
South Bend, IN

Habitual Line Stepper..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you post a pic? I don't understand "long butt."

Prev Next