Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days?
Quote | Reply
It seems to me that shorts would be much cooler.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [kcb203] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cellulite.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Cellulite.

Yup

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yet some of the women I see walking around town in short shorts should be wearing capris. Quite a conundrum.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [kcb203] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would hope that its because their man wants to take some extra time peeling off the extra clothing before they hop into the shower.

That being said when I lived in FL I would do a lot if my running around 330am and would wear zoot tights. It was a win/win. No one could see me in tights and I didn't get as sore.

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps they don't want to chafe. Sometimes shorts can do that in high humidity conditions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Cellulite.

Wouldn't above the knee spandex shorts be cooler and still not reveal cellulite?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kcb203 wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Cellulite.

Wouldn't above the knee spandex shorts be cooler and still not reveal cellulite?

The cellulite around the knee is the very most ugliest of all cellulite...

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They perceive their lower half to be unsightly, which it probably isn't.

Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last tri in 83 wrote:
They perceive their lower half to be unsightly, which it probably isn't.

Good point. I've noticed all runners (at least marathoners) have great looking legs even if there upper bodies are overweight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
capris are cute. Spandex above the knee shorts are not. More women can pull off capris then running in 'bike shorts'.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Cellulite.

Yup

+1.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What the problem is?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [Allie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with Allie on this one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have often wondered this myself. If it's over 60, my legs get freakishly claustrophobic if they get too hot.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's so complicated

Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
65 is my cutoff point. After that I'm in shorts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [Allie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Allie wrote:
Perhaps they don't want to chafe. Sometimes shorts can do that in high humidity conditions.
This here. Finding the right shorts is like trying to find the perfect fitting shoe. Neither come easy which is why women will wear capri pants to run or flip flops to run errands.

Quote | Reply
Vanity trumps practicality.

Always.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
Allie wrote:

This here. Finding the right shorts is like trying to find the perfect fitting shoe. Neither come easy which is why women will wear capri pants to run or flip flops to run errands.

Honest question- how is it then that we men, who I will agree are vastly outmatched in almost any other category, are able to accomplish this feat so easily? I am pretty happy in pretty much all the shorts and shoes that I have.

I was just having this discussion with a lady friend. She was shocked to hear that when she is not over I sleep in jeans. This makes perfect sense to me. I come home from work, run, shower, put some clothes on, do whatever till I am tired and then fall asleep in whatever clothes I am wearing. Makes perfect sense to me yet she seemed to think I should be uncomfortable sleeping like this.

Do girls intentionally select clothes based on maximum discomfort?
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bah - those are not the see-thru Lululemon's....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGRNHiMN9ZI
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [Yknot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am constantly on a quest to find the perfect running shorts. I'll never have an upper thigh gap, no matter how thin I get. I'm not built that way. Regular running shorts are typically too short and longer, loose ones ride up so compression shorts are what work. I hear the same thing from a lot of women.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Why do women run in capri tights on 90 degree days? [Yknot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yknot wrote:
travelmama wrote:
Allie wrote:

Honest question- how is it then that we men, who I will agree are vastly outmatched in almost any other category, are able to accomplish this feat so easily? I am pretty happy in pretty much all the shorts and shoes that I have.

I was just having this discussion with a lady friend. She was shocked to hear that when she is not over I sleep in jeans. This makes perfect sense to me. I come home from work, run, shower, put some clothes on, do whatever till I am tired and then fall asleep in whatever clothes I am wearing. Makes perfect sense to me yet she seemed to think I should be uncomfortable sleeping like this.

Do girls intentionally select clothes based on maximum discomfort?
Women spend a lot of money on clothing so I do not think most buy with discomfort in mind. Many buy for functionality and practicality which is so many do not wear shorts.
I have a big butt and large thighs so to buy shorts for running is a daunting task. The liners may hug my butt showing lines, be too long so the legs riding up suffocating my triangle or just too damn short and unattractive altogether. Capri pants do none of this. Also, my legs sweat then start to itch in shorts.
I think being shocked about you sleeping in jeans is a bit much but it seems both lazy and uncomfortable unless you are wearing Pajama Jeans.

Quote | Reply
"Suffocating my triangle"?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
"Suffocating my triangle"?
Fabric riding up the crotch.

Prev Next