Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sole treadmills..f80 or 85? Also......low speed error issues??
Quote | Reply
Close to buying a Sole treadmill. Curious if the f85 is worth the extra 500 bucks? I'm guessing my wife and I would be supplementing 30 miles a week (combined) with it. Neither of us are overweight but I see the main difference is the 4 hp motor vs. the 3.5 hp on the f80.
The only negative issue I can find on the Soles is some Low Speed Error Code, can anyone chime in on that?

Thanks Slowtwitchers....
Quote Reply
Re: Sole treadmills..f80 or 85? Also......low speed error issues?? [ryang] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the sole f85 but got a great floor model deal. Its a great basic treadmill with no frills. I opted for the F85 for the higher HP since I wanted it to be able to handle my tempo/speed work (not bragging, just giving you a frame of reference: 5:45 tempo miles). The two slightly annoying things about the treadmill are:

1) can't directly punch in desired speed meaning there's buttons for 2, 4, 6, 8, 10mph and then you adjust the exact speed with a "slow" or "fast" button meaning if you wanted to do a 7:00min/mile pace, you would hit 8 then "Fast" six times to get to 8.6mph

2) The treadmill isn't ideal for interval repeat workouts since it does take quite a bit of time to slow up/speed up. My comparison point is using the Lifetime Treadmills at LA Fitness which seem to switch speeds pretty quickly

I'd say if you aren't blowing out hard/fast runs, the F80 should be adequate
Quote Reply
Re: Sole treadmills..f80 or 85? Also......low speed error issues?? [ryang] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
have a sole f80
brand new it came with low speed error issues.
some tech guy came out and basically replaced a bunch of parts and the thing works fine now.
hasnt had a problem in a few years

i was worried initially though!!
Quote Reply
Re: Sole treadmills..f80 or 85? Also......low speed error issues?? [psoasminor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there any advantage to buying directly through sears (only dealer in my area ) vs. online retailers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the f85 and have no issues with it other than what the other user mentioned about doing interval work. Takes a few seconds to come up and down to speed.

---------
Specialized Shiv
Scott Addict
Niner Jet 9
Niner RLT
Quote Reply
Re: Sole treadmills..f80 or 85? Also......low speed error issues?? [jmeitz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went with the f80 as the new model has the higher HP motor than the older one I have used it for about 4 months now with zero issues and its just as good as an insane priced one from my gym
Quote Reply
Re: Sole treadmills..f80 or 85? Also......low speed error issues?? [Exige] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also ordered an f80 when it was on sale directly from Sole, and they gave me an F83 model. It has some of the upgrades of the 85 model but not all. It has been a really good choice, very solid and reliable.

Quote | Reply
Exige wrote:
I went with the f80 as the new model has the higher HP motor than the older one I have used it for about 4 months now with zero issues and its just as good as an insane priced one from my gym

Exige....can you do me a favor? I bought the same model and the calibration seems off. I called them and they gave me a number to change in the calibration setting. I messed around with it one afternoon and tried a bunch of different setting and cant get it calibrated like the devices at the gyms I go to (I check it with my footpod for my GPS).

To check it

Remove Safety Key
Press and hold fown the Start and Speed (up) button and replace the safety key
Continue holding the start and Speed (up) key until the window displays "factory settings, then press the enter key.
The first options is changing between metric or english....choose english.
The next one is the wheel size...it is probably a 2XX number. Can you tell me what it says on yours if you think it is calibrated?

This is from page 29 in the instruction manual btw.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the F80 and it's been rock solid for 2 years.

I do agree however that it's annoying that you can't program the speed preset buttons, so speed changes aren't just one-push affairs. You'd think that for a TM company that's been around for so long, they would have implemented this - to their defense though, not too many (any?) TMs in the same price range do that.

I do sprints, hills, etc. on mine no problems several times per week.
Quote Reply
Re: Sole treadmills..f80 or 85? Also......low speed error issues?? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
please see here for speed error assistance:

http://www.treadmillsrepair.co.uk/.../error-messages.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a F85 since January. Works great, the little issue I have is having to "kick start" it each time for about 20 seconds where I have to help to get the belt going. I see it as pre workout :-) but my wife thinks it's irritating to do that.

If you do enough research, you probably can reduce the $500 gap between the 2 models.
Quote Reply
Re: Sole treadmills..f80 or 85? Also......low speed error issues?? [tdhtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had the F80 for about 5 years and it has been great for bad weather and winter days.
Quote Reply