Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2012 TM01 (purchased last year before joining the Wattie Ink Team).

The bike is a MS with SRAM Red, R2C shifters, and 167.5mm crank arms. The saddle is an ISM Adamo TT.

The aerobar is a 3T Aura. The red highlight color is available as a special Cervelo OEM and really matches the bike's graphics. 3T has a Stealth model available this year, which is made for di2 and routes the brake cables out the rear of the base bar, which should make cleaner cable routing. The plain black graphics should match any BMC Time Machine model you choose to get. Part of the reason I chose this bar was because it would allow me enough extension length for a BTA bottle and a computer. I use an X-Lab Torpedo and a Profile Design Universal Computer Mount.

I use Fulcrum Racing Ts for training and Hed C2s for racing. I also use the Bontrager RXXXL brake levers with built-in barrel adjusters. Joe Santos, of Davis Wheelworks, did a great job setting up the bike and the brakes in particular. Once the brakes were set up and dialed in, swapping wheels with the barrel adjusters was a breeze. The Bontrager RXXXL brake levers, IMO, are a must with this bike.

The one thing I have not done, and will probably ask about when I next have the bike tuned up, is replace the drive side brake pad bolt with a hex head bolt. Damon Rinard once recommended this for the P5. It should make changing brake pads easier.

I am also racing IMTX this year. I would like to carry a bottle behind the saddle. The X-Lab Delta would be great, but I'm not sure where I would put my flat kit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice bikes everyone. Here was mine from IM Louisville last summer:

Regarding the brakes, after the first set-up, I never had to adjust anything other than the spacer washers all year when going from training to race wheels. For the front, I went from the DT Swiss to an 808FC, which was simply sliding out the stock pads in inserting the cork pads. Quick and easy. For the rear I had to move 1 washer from outside to inside when going from DT Swiss to Zipp Clincher disc. This was a little more involved since I had to pull the crank off to access the drive side pad. This took about 15-20 minutes from start to finish. A quicker way to do this would be nice, and something I want to figure out for this year.

Fraser Bicycle | First Endurance

Check out my blog here | Twitter:@tmalis3
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [3Dealz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3Dealz wrote:
I have the same issue with the front end of mine. Right now I am using all the risers to get my pro missile at the right height. Looking at replacing it this year with possibly the EVO version or get the new TriRig aero bar when it comes out and get the front cleaned up like you did.
As for the brakes, they are a PITA. I got the bontrager RXXXL Aero levers and they seem to work ok to adjust the brakes when switching wheels.

One question about your first photo, how are you holding the flask in there?

I managed to sort out the risers on my Pro missile bar by using some risers to get it up 40mm. I needed to get the elbow pads up but not the base bar as that would have effected the steering. You will be hard pushed to find pro missle evo bars without having to pay upwards of $1K as I had recently churned through various websites to no avail. The other advantage with Pro Missile is you can put in Ski bends extension bars to get the right height as well.

I have mine in with my mechanic so when I get it back I shall post pics as to what I have sorted with the brakes.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [harts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
which risers did you use to get it up that much?
Would love to see photos when you get it back.

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Tom Maliszewski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom Maliszewski wrote:
Nice bikes everyone. Here was mine from IM Louisville last summer:

Regarding the brakes, after the first set-up, I never had to adjust anything other than the spacer washers all year when going from training to race wheels. For the front, I went from the DT Swiss to an 808FC, which was simply sliding out the stock pads in inserting the cork pads. Quick and easy. For the rear I had to move 1 washer from outside to inside when going from DT Swiss to Zipp Clincher disc. This was a little more involved since I had to pull the crank off to access the drive side pad. This took about 15-20 minutes from start to finish. A quicker way to do this would be nice, and something I want to figure out for this year.

Is that a Specialized bottle? It fills the frame very nicely. What size frame is that?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [kenpetruzzelli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
here's my bike, i noted on the break issue, just use less break on tt :)
Quote Reply
Post deleted by P3whitelighting [ In reply to ]
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [kulcha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

My 2011 TT02 Time Machine!

Beautiful Time Machines you all have!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, the Specialized Virtue bottle. It mounts low with no modifications to the cage; just bolt it on.

The frame is size M-L.

Fraser Bicycle | First Endurance

Check out my blog here | Twitter:@tmalis3
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [P3whitelighting] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice TT02; here's mine. I have a new silver TM02 ready to build. I will check out the TriRig ideas for the cockpit.

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [TRIESPRESSO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amen to the bontrager RXXXL brake levers. They are crucial on this build especially for the front brake although they do limit your aerobar selection! I believe these brakes are really the only ones with integrated barrel adjusters...
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [TRIESPRESSO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

So match my name also the font on my BMC TM01 Smile

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you make the name stickers yourself or do you order them from somewhere? Mine are from Flandria Bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [VP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
VP wrote:
Do you make the name stickers yourself or do you order them from somewhere? Mine are from Flandria Bikes.

Mine are from VC Grafhix.com -great service.

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, ordered a set. I asked to have more space between the flag and name like this: http://www.tririg.com/...y_BMC_TM01&num=4

Let's see how they turn out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kenpetruzzelli wrote:
I am also racing IMTX this year. I would like to carry a bottle behind the saddle. The X-Lab Delta would be great, but I'm not sure where I would put my flat kit.

Ken - talk to Sherpa about the bottle behind the saddle…he's got a solution fabricated for this.

Joe Santos

Joe Santos

Davis Wheelworks | dW² Facebook | dW² Twitter

BMC | Boardman | Cervélo | Felt | Lapierre | Atomic High Performance | ENVE | HED. | SRM | Stages | Zipp
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Joe Santos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Joe. Always appreciate your outside the box solutions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Sorry to bring up this thread again. Is anyone using Xentis Mark1 or Mark2 on TM01? Will there by any issues like chain rubbing on seat stay and such? Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Tamu8104] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally finished my build after receiving my eTube TT junction box. Also ended up building a new wheelset for it. Very happy with how it turned out. Even with the heavier Ultegra Di2 (had a mix of SRAM Red/Force on the last TT bike), it's about 1 lb lighter then my old TT bike. Will add the Di2 brake levers when they come out.

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Tamu8104] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice looking ride!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My TM02: http://heartlegsandlungs.tumblr.com/image/43186454966

Will work out how to upload/embed the image later.

- SRAM Force groupset w R2C shifters
- SRAM Quarq powermeter
- Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLR
- Veloflex Corsa 23 clinchers
- Renn 575 clincher disc
- Profile Aeria bar
- Cobb SHC170
Last edited by: mattharrop: Feb 17, 13 15:11
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [VP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
VP wrote:
Let's see how they turn out.
The first batch had a flag that looked like it was drawn by a 4-year-old and there was way too much space between the flag and name, but the second version was much better.

Still waiting for the ST-9071 to be available before I can finish my TM01.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mattharrop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice bike :-)

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree with Tillquist, nice bike. Are you sure the rear derailleur cable isn't too long?

Tillquist wrote:
Nice bike :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,

I have a 2012 TM01, DI2, Black&Blue.

I need to take pics..

Here's the question : how do you feel about the aeroness of this bike relative to the P5, Shivs....of this world ?

it looks fast, it looks hot but in the absence of any data how do we really know ?
Anyone have experience measuring relative to other superbikes ?
Quote Reply

Prev Next