Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

80mm valve stems in an ENVE 6.7 clincher?
Quote | Reply
Will a 80mm vavle stem work without an extender on the rear wheel (ie 70mm)? I blew up one tube because the valve extender was throwing my pressure gauge off. It showed I was at 80psi when I was probably over 110psi.
Quote Reply
Re: 80mm valve stems in an ENVE 6.7 clincher? [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not exactly the answer but I use 80mm valves stems on my tubular 6.7 without any issues.
Quote Reply
Re: 80mm valve stems in an ENVE 6.7 clincher? [Tamu8104] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess it won't hurt to try. Worst think that happens is I use it for the front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My understanding is that you usually need some extra valve stem from the wheel fairing size. I imagine it really depends on each wheel, though. I tend to give about 15mm - 20mm extra (run 80mm on a 60mm wheel and 48mm on a 30mm wheel). Give it a go and see if it works for yeah.
Quote Reply
Re: 80mm valve stems in an ENVE 6.7 clincher? [legalgooner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
legalgooner wrote:
My understanding is that you usually need some extra valve stem from the wheel fairing size. I imagine it really depends on each wheel, though. I tend to give about 15mm - 20mm extra (run 80mm on a 60mm wheel and 48mm on a 30mm wheel). Give it a go and see if it works for yeah.

The 6.7 rear is 70mm so there would be an extra 10mm of stem. I'm not sure if that is enough to get a pump on it, but I guess it is worth a try. If I don't have to run extenders that would be pretty nice come race season and well any time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From ENVE's manual about tube length. Sounds like the 80mm tube will work with the 6.7's...

NOTE: For ENVE Road Clinchers we recommend purchasing inner-tubes with valve lengths that will accommodate the depth of your wheel. See chart below:

Rim Depth
Inner-Tube Valve Stem Length

32mm
48mm

48mm

80mm

80mm
80mm
N/A

N/A
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
80mm works great on my girlfriends 6.7's.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run 80mm stems on my 6.7 clinchers. There isn't a lot of extra space for the pump head on the rear valve, but it still latches just fine.
Quote Reply
Re: 80mm valve stems in an ENVE 6.7 clincher? [aftereffector] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I just got my 80mm stems on there and they fit perfectly... Glad that I do't have to run valve extenders anymore...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
110 psi isn't going to blow out a tube.

Probably pinched.
Quote Reply
Re: 80mm valve stems in an ENVE 6.7 clincher? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run 80mm on my 6.7enves no problem!
Quote Reply