Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Moobats Desecrate the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier--Why?
Quote | Reply
Look at these two piece of shit lefties.

Unpaid leave huh?

Absolute fucking trash.

BOSTON (CBS) – Two women have been placed on unpaid leave from their jobs after their photo at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia angered thousands of people on Facebook. — Lindsey Stone was visiting the Tomb of the Unknowns last month on a business trip when she posed for a picture next to a sign that reads “silence and respect.”

In the photo, Stone is pretending to yell and she’s showing her middle finger.

The photo, taken by co-worker Jamie Schuh, (seen at left), went viral and sparked thousands of angry comments.
Some of those comments were posted on the Facebook page of their employer, Living Independently Forever, Inc., (LIFE) a non-profit organization in Hyannis that helps adults with disabilities on Cape Cod. (read more)

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Last edited by: chainpin: Nov 20, 12 16:44
Quote Reply
Re: Moobats Desecrate the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier--Why? [chainpin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so much for freedom of speech. why was the photographer suspended? was it her that posted it or did she simply take the photo?

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Moobats Desecrate the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier--Why? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
so much for freedom of speech. why was the photographer suspended? was it her that posted it or did she simply take the photo?

What does this have to do with freedom of speech?

She exercised her freedom of speech/expression in the photograph and by posting it to FB.

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Re: Moobats Desecrate the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier--Why? [chainpin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did you decide that they were lefties/moonbats? I don't see anything in that article that would suggest that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where does it say, or why do you assume, they're Lefties? I personally don't know any honest-to-goodness Lefties who'd do anything like that. I do know a few people who would to something impulsively stupid like that, but they're not the sort who pay enough attention to much of anything to have a political affiliation. Somehow, that doesn't come across as a political protest statement as much as it does run-of-the-mill Spring Break-ish faux-rebel stupidity. If anything, I'd venture to guess if you gave them a typical cheat sheet of R vs D campaign sound bites, they'd more likely side w/ the ignorant Righties on a majority of issues (not those chicks necessarily, as the dumbasses I know who I could see doing that after a few beers are all dudes).
Quote Reply
Re: Moobats Desecrate the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier--Why? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
How did you decide that they were lefties/moonbats? I don't see anything in that article that would suggest that.

You guys don't know much about the world of non profits do you.

Either way, these two are idiots, period.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>You guys don't know much about the world of non profits do you.

GPS Crossroads is a non-profit. And the Cato Institute.

Or is it just bad that this non-profit seeks to help people with disabilities live independently? Only moonbats would do that?

>Either way, these two are idiots, period.

This is true.
Quote Reply
Re: Moobats Desecrate the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier--Why? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

I would say he was playing the odds. If you had to classify someone who is an employee at a non profit organization, is upset in some form or fashion at the idea of war, soldiers, defense, or something relating to the sacred ground she was mocking, you put your money on Leftie......

either way she's a moron.
Quote Reply
Re: Moobats Desecrate the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier--Why? [Al5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I would say he was playing the odds. If you had to classify someone who is an employee at a non profit organization, is upset in some form or fashion at the idea of war, soldiers, defense, or something relating to the sacred ground she was mocking, you put your money on Leftie......

everyone knows how leftie those mormons are. with their general dislike of war. now that you made me think of it...damn anyone who gets upset in some fashion at the idea of war.

if you dont like slaughtering people or dropping atomic bombs then you are obviously a moonbat!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
>You guys don't know much about the world of non profits do you.

GPS Crossroads is a non-profit. And the Cato Institute.

Or is it just bad that this non-profit seeks to help people with disabilities live independently? Only moonbats would do that?

>Either way, these two are idiots, period.

This is true.

Cape Cod
Massachusetts
Non Profit
Anti-Military

If you pressed me, I would say that there is an 85% chance these two are Obama moonbats.

Last edited by: chainpin: Nov 20, 12 17:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moobat? Is that some kind of cow bat hybrid made by scientists in a lab? Presumably the same lab that made Christine O'Donnell's mice with human brains.
Quote Reply
Re: Moobats Desecrate the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier--Why? [link5485] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
link5485 wrote:
Moobat? Is that some kind of cow bat hybrid made by scientists in a lab? Presumably the same lab that made Christine O'Donnell's mice with human brains.

I love post like yours.

The best definition of a moonbat I ever heard is the following:

"They wear winter coats in the summer."

A few folks on here will get that most will not.

Quote Reply
Re: Moobats Desecrate the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier--Why? [Al5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Similar to the father in the linked article, I imagine that idiot was reacting to the sign and not the Tomb of the Unknowns. My guess is she's too stupid to even know the significance of the Tomb and unlikely to have put much thought into being angry about war, soldiers, or defense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isolationist sentiments exist all over tge spectrum.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone else not care or see this as a big deal? IMO, people are wound up way too tight and go looking for reasons to be outraged.

Of course it is in poor taste. But disrespectful? Meh. She tried to be funny in front of the sign. If you are reading more into that then....well, you are reading more into it.
Quote Reply
Re: Moobats Desecrate the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier--Why? [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trispoke wrote:
Anyone else not care or see this as a big deal? IMO, people are wound up way too tight and go looking for reasons to be outraged.

Of course it is in poor taste. But disrespectful? Meh. She tried to be funny in front of the sign. If you are reading more into that then....well, you are reading more into it.

True, but perhaps it is a lesson to other moonbats to keep their bullshit to themselves in this day of social media.

Quote Reply
Re: Moobats Desecrate the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier--Why? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:

Freedom of speech only applies to government actors. I see nothing that indicates they were arrested, so, what is your beef?

Their employer has the right to terminate them for their conduct. They were on a business trip, on company time, and they did something that made the employer look bad. They have every right to fire these two and I hope they do so.

You have the right to act like an ass. Your employer has the right to fire you for it.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Moobats Desecrate the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier--Why? [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trispoke wrote:

Why am I not surprised that you would have no issue with this? Two things are painfully obvious: (1) you have never served and (2) you have no clue what selfless service means.

Thank God there are enough men and women who don't think like you to protect your right to think like you.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Moobats Desecrate the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier--Why? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
veganerd wrote:

Freedom of speech only applies to government actors. I see nothing that indicates they were arrested, so, what is your beef?

Their employer has the right to terminate them for their conduct. They were on a business trip, on company time, and they did something that made the employer look bad. They have every right to fire these two and I hope they do so.

You have the right to act like an ass. Your employer has the right to fire you for it.

i guess my real qustion was about the photographer. ive taken many photos of things i dont agree with or like and have published them or posted them online. i would be pretty pissed off if i got punished for it. also, like others have said, i dont think they were saying or doing anything intentionally disrespectful to the military, just being goofy about the sign.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
JSA wrote:
veganerd wrote:

i guess my real qustion was about the photographer. ive taken many photos of things i dont agree with or like and have published them or posted them online. i would be pretty pissed off if i got punished for it. also, like others have said, i dont think they were saying or doing anything intentionally disrespectful to the military, just being goofy about the sign.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
JSA wrote:
veganerd wrote:

The photographer took the picture and was a party to posting it (according to the story). She was an active participant in the series of events that got their asses in trouble. She was doing this on work time. She was not doing it for anything other than her own amusement. She was not hired to take the picture or requested to do so. She was a willing participant. So, she has to take the heat as well.

Quote Reply
Re: Moobats Desecrate the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier--Why? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The photographer took the picture and was a party to posting it (according to the story). She was an active participant in the series of events that got their asses in trouble. She was doing this on work time. She was not doing it for anything other than her own amusement. She was not hired to take the picture or requested to do so. She was a willing participant. So, she has to take the heat as well.

alright (i didnt read the story) but i still dont think they were trying to be offensive, just goofy about the sign. if that sign were in the bathroom of the library im sure they would have taken the same photo.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
JSA wrote:
veganerd wrote:

The thing I find odd about this story is that you have to go way out of your way to go to Arlington Cementary, and then you have to wait in lines to ride buses to a couple different points in the cementary including the Tomb of the Unknowns. And these 2 were not captive like kids in a school tour. So who does all of that and then thinks Hey lets make a disrespectful picture. Most people who visit are very subdued, perhaps thinking of people they know who who died in service. Its hard to imagine someone making such a joke like picture at such a place.
Quote Reply
Re: Moobats Desecrate the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier--Why? [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The thing I find odd about this story is that you have to go way out of your way to go to Arlington Cementary, and then you have to wait in lines to ride buses to a couple different points in the cementary including the Tomb of the Unknowns.

I am going to respond only to correct the impression that it is hard to get to Arlington Cemetary or the Tomb of the Unknown. It's actually very easy if you are willing/able to walk 15 minutes from the Metro station. You don't have to take a bus. It's an uphill walk once you are in the cemetary but it's not bad. I don't want someone to miss out on a visit because they think it's an effort to get there.
Quote Reply
Re: Moobats Desecrate the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier--Why? [too.tall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
too.tall wrote:
The thing I find odd about this story is that you have to go way out of your way to go to Arlington Cementary, and then you have to wait in lines to ride buses to a couple different points in the cementary including the Tomb of the Unknowns.

I am going to respond only to correct the impression that it is hard to get to Arlington Cemetary or the Tomb of the Unknown. It's actually very easy if you are willing/able to walk 15 minutes from the Metro station. You don't have to take a bus. It's an uphill walk once you are in the cemetary but it's not bad. I don't want someone to miss out on a visit because they think it's an effort to get there.

I think you're right that we took the metro. But we did wait for the tours. Do they encourage people to walk around? I thought I recall them saying they provided guides for people who wanted to visit a loved one and perhaps you can't just walk anywhere? So it might not be hard to get to, but you do have to want to take a metro trip there, etc. It's not like you just walk in off the mall on a whim.
Quote Reply

Prev Next