Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars
Quote | Reply
I'm in Toronto. I just got a P5 three with the Aura aero bar set-up. I find that it is too narrow for me. I looked on 3T's site and I've discovered that they have a "Wide Aero Clamp".

(See http://www.3tcycling.com/accessories/wide-aero-clamp and see http://www.echelonsports.com.au/shop/product.php?productid=17131&cat=327&page=1 for a diagram).

I've tried a few Cervelo/3T LBSs but they don't seem to be able to get them for me. The vast internet doesn't seem to point me to any either. I tried to email VINA (3T's North American distrubtor) but the e-mail leads to a broken link. Anyone got any suggestions as to how I can get these?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [Ffejeroo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have them, think I ordered them straight from 3T.

Zipp Vuka Wing extenders will work too, although you introduce an additional failure point and there is a thread on ST about a guy snapping one of his during a race.

hope this helps.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As Eric said, the Zipp wing extensions work great with 3T bars. I run them on my Brezza.

Significantly cheaper too. http://www.trisports.com/...-wing-extension.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ffejeroo wrote:
I'm in Toronto. I just got a P5 three with the Aura aero bar set-up. I find that it is too narrow for me. I looked on 3T's site and I've discovered that they have a "Wide Aero Clamp".

(See http://www.3tcycling.com/accessories/wide-aero-clamp and see http://www.echelonsports.com.au/shop/product.php?productid=17131&cat=327&page=1 for a diagram).

I've tried a few Cervelo/3T LBSs but they don't seem to be able to get them for me. The vast internet doesn't seem to point me to any either. I tried to email VINA (3T's North American distrubtor) but the e-mail leads to a broken link. Anyone got any suggestions as to how I can get these?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Zipp Vuka Wings work, but mine did break on my Brezzas along with 3 other friends of mine running the same set up at various times over the Summer.

Use the 3T Wide Aero Clamps. Buy them direct from 3T.
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Are you in the US? I had some difficulty with their web page because I am in Canada.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ffejeroo wrote:
Thanks. Are you in the US? I had some difficulty with their web page because I am in Canada.

Yes, I am in the US.
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all your input. I managed to place the order with 3T ... hopefully it'll arrive soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have always had the best customer service with VINA when I have ordered replacement parts for my 3T Ventus bars.

Contact Luke Short, at: l.short@usa.vittoria.com

He is a great guy to help get parts.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [Taugen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm running the same setup... 3T Aura with Zipp Vuka wing extenstions. So far so good. If I get the 3T wing extensions, what's so different about the design that would prevent the cracking from happening?
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [siberian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
siberian wrote:
I'm running the same setup... 3T Aura with Zipp Vuka wing extenstions. So far so good. If I get the 3T wing extensions, what's so different about the design that would prevent the cracking from happening?

The 3T Wide Aero Clamps are a 1 piece design and are much thicker. As you know with the Zipp Vuka Wing Extensions, you have to bolt the extensions to 3T clamp.

I am telling you from experience do not risk it. I have seen this setup break in the same exact spot with multiple people.
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happend to me as well-- but during a training ride. Trying to keep up with my buddy for 40 miles in the uprights sucked. Lucky for me the snapped bolts backed out without any issue.
Last edited by: fastwiley: Oct 23, 12 14:30
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [fastwiley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all who replied. I acquired the wide aero clamp from 3T's web site directly - it arrived within two business days. Great service by 3T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

and shipping costs have been canceled for orders of usd100 or more from 3T cycling web site, check yourself!
Quote Reply