Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Fall Applications are on us: Coaching, Sponsors, and Teams
Quote | Reply
Okay, so I've been reading up a lot on the above, and doing my best to pool all the necessary information to share with others. I've also got some questions for people, but I'll wait until this thread gets some legs.

My goal in this is to provide as much centralized information from credible sources as we move into the fall - as the season starts to wrap up, athletes will want to start think about what is best for them moving forward, and whether changes or additions in coaching/sponsorship will help those goals. I'm not affiliated in anyway with any of the teams or companies who's sites I link to - other than that I follow them enough to have seen their sponsorship page. If others want to post other applications, I will edit my list to include more info.

ST Reading (note: did not see any front page articles when I attempted to search - majority are interviews - if I missed something, feel free to post!)
Sponsorship Search
How to get sponsors
Appealing to sponsors (NEW 12/11/12)
Good On-line coach to hire
Interviewing/selecting a coach
Coaching Services are expensive
Let's talk about coaching

Applications:
Snapple
Rev3
Powerbar (not open until fall 2013)
GU Energy
Team Timex Multi-Sport **see post #23 by IronThreshold
TrainingPeaks
PhysFarm Coaching
Hammer Nutrition
H20 Audio
Challenged Athletes Foundation
Cycleops
Maverick Multisport
Skora Running email here
WattieInk (may be closed even though site is up)

So if you have seen applications to add, I will add them. If you have seen other really good threads or interviews, I will add them as well. If you have something to say or a question, by all means, post away and hopefully we'll get some good responses.

----
@adamwfurlong
Last edited by: afurlong: Dec 11, 12 12:37
Quote Reply
Re: Fall Applications are on us: Coaching, Sponsors, and Teams [afurlong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if or when they open but Timex and the Zoot team are missing. I think Training Peaks is open now too.
Quote Reply
Re: Fall Applications are on us: Coaching, Sponsors, and Teams [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
added timex, let me know if you have links for Zoot application (found the team but no application), or the TP link.

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Re: Fall Applications are on us: Coaching, Sponsors, and Teams [afurlong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wattie Ink elite team will begin accepting applications sometime this month I'm sure. I'll update you.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dont know if the Timex has updated it's application from year to year, but the Timex application is for the 2012 season. I'm assuming it's the same each other, but is that the actual updated application?

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Fall Applications are on us: Coaching, Sponsors, and Teams [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that was the link provided from their blog: http://teamtimex.timexblogs.com/

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't think Zoot's has opened up yet.

Training peaks

http://home.trainingpeaks.com/...aign=athletesept2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
^Thanks!

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H2O Audio is now open

http://www.h2oaudio.com/rider_application.php
Last edited by: Bmonty2504: Oct 3, 12 3:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just as an FYI, there's also a post about the Rev3 Team in the Notices Forum. It has a bit more info about the team, whether you should apply, etc.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
afurlong wrote:
Okay, so I've been reading up a lot on the above, and doing my best to pool all the necessary information to share with others. I've also got some questions for people, but I'll wait until this thread gets some legs.

My goal in this is to provide as much centralized information from credible sources as we move into the fall - as the season starts to wrap up, athletes will want to start think about what is best for them moving forward, and whether changes or additions in coaching/sponsorship will help those goals. I'm not affiliated in anyway with any of the teams or companies who's sites I link to - other than that I follow them enough to have seen their sponsorship page. If others want to post other applications, I will edit my list to include more info.

ST Reading (note: did not see any front page articles when I attempted to search - majority are interviews - if I missed something, feel free to post!)
Sponsorship Search
How to get sponsors
Good On-line coach to hire
Interviewing/selecting a coach
Coaching Services are expensive
Let's talk about coaching

Applications:
Snapple
Rev3
Powerbar (not open yet)
GU Energy (not open yet)
Team Timex Multi-Sport
TrainingPeaks
PhysFarm Coaching

So if you have seen applications to add, I will add them. If you have seen other really good threads or interviews, I will add them as well. If you have something to say or a question, by all means, post away and hopefully we'll get some good responses.

Nice!!! You saved me some leg work! Thanks!

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unless I'm not reading it correctly, Powerbar appears to be closed already. Which seems strange, but it says nothing until Fall 2013...
Quote Reply
Re: Fall Applications are on us: Coaching, Sponsors, and Teams [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you are correct, i missed that when i glanced over it, i think i understood it as "closed for 2011-2012." oh well.

added a couple more that have been - Hammer and H2O Audio. Thanks for all the help so far, everyone.

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Re: Fall Applications are on us: Coaching, Sponsors, and Teams [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zoot usually accepts applications in late December.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are a resident of North Carolina, the Triangle Multisport - Inside Out Sports Elite team is accepting applications until October 31st.

http://trianglemultisport-insideoutsportsteam.org/default.asp

MC

http://www.mctriguy.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Fall Applications are on us: Coaching, Sponsors, and Teams [MCHammers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wattie Ink Elite team now open!

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You missed the best team to be on
http://sponsorship.trisports.com/...am%20Application.pdf

but they close tomorrow so you better get cracking on it.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The other thing is many good coaches are nearing capacity or already full for 2013.

If you are waiting around this late in the year to select a coach you've only yourself to blame though.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Fall Applications are on us: Coaching, Sponsors, and Teams [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well in my defense (an email from me is just hitting your inbox now), I only just found out today that I'd gotten into IMFL for next year, via the Trek deal.

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CycleOps has their Sponsorship application open right now:

http://www.cycleops.com/...tes/sponsorship.html

Brett Miller
Cydesdale Triathlon
M2 Revolution
Quote Reply
Re: Fall Applications are on us: Coaching, Sponsors, and Teams [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
You missed the best team to be on
http://sponsorship.trisports.com/...am%20Application.pdf

but they close tomorrow so you better get cracking on it.

Glad you posted. I had looked for that on their site earlier but must have missed it.

Put a lot of work into this one, so hopefully someone reads it!

-Bryan Journey
Travel Blog | Training Blog | Facebook Page
Quote Reply
Re: Fall Applications are on us: Coaching, Sponsors, and Teams [JourneyToGoPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maverick Multisport has a couple of spots left open for our Elite team, the application can be found online at www.maverickmultisport.com. Click on Elite team, then click on Elite Team Application. We are only accepting 3 more Elite level athletes for the 2013 season. Must either be a Pro or Elite age grouper (winning AG at IM or Rev3 type races). The only real requirement is you must be willing to travel to Louisville, KY (home to IM Louisville) 2 times per year to assist with the affiliated Junior/Youth team. Please take a look at our sponsors that are already solidified on the website or through www.Facebook.com/MaverickMultisport. After completing the application we will contact you with the specifics of each sponsoring company, we can't disclose everything on the application. Also we have other sponsorship contracts that are still being finalized. Take care.

Web: MaverickMultisport.com
Facebook: Facebook.com/MaverickMultisport -- Twitter: @MavMulti YouTube: MaverickMultisportTV -- Instagram: @MaverickMultisport
Last edited by: hutchsigmachi: Nov 15, 12 13:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
afurlong wrote:
that was the link provided from their blog:
http://teamtimex.timexblogs.com/

The Team Timex site linked above is confusing at best and misleading at worst. There are actually two teams, the Multisport Team and the Factory Team, and they are not similar in scope. The "Factory" ambassador team, which you pay membership fees for, gets you a discounted kit and some discounted gear. According to a Timex rep:

"The Factory team is more of an ambassador program (sort of like Team Aquaphor) and has almost 200 members. The Timex Multisport Team is a team of about 50 elite and professional athletes who benefit from several sponsors. Applications to the Timex Multisport Team have closed for the upcoming year as of October 1. Unfortunately, the website is confusing and still says that you can apply to the Multisport Team, but only the Factory Team link works right now, which is probably how you got to the Factory Team application instead. (We are working on resolving this issue.) Please keep your eye out next year to apply for the Multisport Team. We begin accepting applications in mid-to-late summer."

Seems kind of odd that applications shut down that early (before Kona even...) especially since the website claims they are open until October 15, but just so nobody else wastes their time on an application for something you're not interested in...
Quote Reply
Re: Fall Applications are on us: Coaching, Sponsors, and Teams [IronThreshold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pros or Elite age groupers looking for sponsorship for 2013!!! We will only will be accepting team applications through the end of the week. With TYR, Scott Sports, Smith Optics, Brooks Air Brush Studio, Qdoba, CycleSmiths and Infinit Nutrition to name a few on board, the compensation package for Pros/Elite level athletes will be extremely attractive for 2013. You must be willing to make at least 2 trips to Louisville KY during 2013 as part of your contract. Feel free to go to our online application at www.MaverickMultisport.com, click on the Elite tab on the left and then click on the Elite team application. Feel free to contact Team Director Chris Hutchens at 502-386-4260 or christopherhutchens@gmail.com for more information. Thanks and take care.

Web: MaverickMultisport.com
Facebook: Facebook.com/MaverickMultisport -- Twitter: @MavMulti YouTube: MaverickMultisportTV -- Instagram: @MaverickMultisport
Quote Reply
Re: Fall Applications are on us: Coaching, Sponsors, and Teams [IronThreshold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for clearing that up! I made a note about it on the main post.

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply

Prev Next