Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Wick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wick wrote:
Just run a set of the road sprint shifters on it, you set it up like the road bikes with the down shift on the right and up shift on the left. No need to run a set of dual levers on both sides as you shouldn't be needing to do much front derailleur shifting from the bullhorns. We had a set put on one of the bikes that rolled through our shop. Takes a little bit of time and knowledge of how to setup the wiring harnesses but so does the whole P5 setup. I'll take some more pics at the shop when I get back tomorrow and post for you.

Thanks Wick. I'm particularly interested in where you drilled the hole in the bull horns and what size it was, etc...
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [withrow79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Adura bar already has a hole on the underside of the bullhorn that you can run all the cables you want through
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried searching, but did not find it yet, prorbably wrong search phrse/words,

but, what id the minimum width outside to outside of the arm rests? to the plates themselves, not pads/cushioning on the aduro
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want one!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi jeffp,

If you searched the P5 white paper you probably saw the center-to-center distances on page 20 (145, 175, 205mm), but you asked for outside-to-outside. Just measured for you: 250mm, o-o pad plates.

FYI, each arm pad's mounting bolts are 25mm apart (fore & aft), so you can bolt on lots of other arm pad plates.

The pads bolt onto the supports which are 130mm apart laterally.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
was hoping for a differnt answer, ie mine are currently at 17cm outside to outside, and i do not want anything wider.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi jeffp,

We did an exhausting benchmarking of all the aerobars we could get our hands on. I intentionally didn't type exhaustive, as no one can get every single aero bar. ;-) As a result of this benchmarking I can confidently say the Aduro is highly adjustable and is centered on the middle range of serious athletes. You can understand that for extremely narrow or wide set ups it might not go there, which is why we used standard bolt hole spacing: you can mix and match arm pad plates, but also use widening plates to go wider... or narrower!

As an aside, the Garmin-Sharp-Barracuda riders nearly all fit with stock arm pad spacing. Only VDV is exceptionally narrow; the team's sports scientists made a few of their own plates, just bending and drilling aluminum. As long as you can bolt it on you can get any desired width within reason.

So narrower, right down to arms touching, should be simple if you're handy or willing to use the widening (narrowing?) plates.

One last thought, if you want low aero drag have you considered putting a bottle between the arms?

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my arms are smashed together. the wider i go, the worse drag gets. I can't even imagine getting wide enough to fit a bottle between there. I have enough room between arms at wrist to be able to see power numbers on Edge500 below, but that is it.

Yeah, if plates work, should be fine. Have a buddy that is going to McGyver his about 1cm narrower than I, as he is extra scrawny. Neither of us is faster wider.

Currently I run Zipp Vuka extensions, with the armrests touching each other.

I didnt test the bottle between arms, as even with just 4cm between arms drag was already up 10-15w, and if mast nats ever follows the uci rules, well, that won't be allowed at certain events, so would be moot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Damon,

I like the new website. Just to do a thread highjack, is the 2013 R3 equivalent to the 2012 R3 or R3 team? What's the weight delta between the 2013 R3 and R5? The price delta, at least on the framesets, is substantial...

Cheers
Duncan
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [duncan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Duncan,

Thanks, I like the new site too! To answer your question, the new R3 is equivalent to the existing R3 Team. We're working towards simplifying the model line: keeping the best technical aspects of each frameset but dropping the suffixes.

Also, the R5 is about 300 grams lighter than the R3.

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like the new site too. Decide to pull the trigger on the p5-6 with SRAM red and went to double check my size on your fit chart and can't seem to find it on the new site. Do you still have it up somewhere?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:

Also, the R5 is about 300 grams lighter than the R3.

That much? A year ago a distributor told me that the 2012 R5 VWD was only 100 grams lighter than the the R3 Team, but maybe this was wrong?

Anyway, thanks for the reply. The streamlined model line-up does seem to make sense.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [crambo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi crambo,

Glad you like the new site and will be pulling the trigger on a new P5!

Good catch, the P5's combined frame + bar stack and reach table is not yet up on our new site. I've logged it with our web developers to be added as an update (probably sometime next week).

In the mean time, I remember Herbert posted a copy here on Slowtwitch:
http://wenoticed.slowtwitch.com/...tack-and-reach-chart

There has been one revision to Herbert's version of the table: the X-Low arm pad reach is a few centimeters longer than listed there. Everything else is still 100% correct.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
crambo wrote:
Like the new site too. Decide to pull the trigger on the p5-6 with SRAM red and went to double check my size on your fit chart and can't seem to find it on the new site. Do you still have it up somewhere?

I can't get Damon's link to work, so if you have the same problem I have uploaded the stack and reach PDF to my site: http://www.martintoft.net/...lo_p5_stackreach.pdf

It should be the newest version with the correct reach numbers for the X-Lo Aduro bar configurations.

Edit: Damon's link seems to work now, but you can still grab the updated PDF from my site if you like :)
Last edited by: MTM: Sep 8, 12 11:04
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks MTM!

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Damon and MTM.

Looks like I can go with the 56 with either the low or x-low bars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon, this is a nonsequiter, but have the aerobar extensions changed for the 2013 model? The pics for the 2012 always showed S-bend extensions (which I prefer), whereas 2013 show ski-pole, right?

Can you specify your preferences when you order? If not, how easy is it to change the aero extensions bars?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [goodacre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
goodacre wrote:
Hi Damon, this is a nonsequiter, but have the aerobar extensions changed for the 2013 model? The pics for the 2012 always showed S-bend extensions (which I prefer), whereas 2013 show ski-pole, right?

Even the early P5's came with ski poles.

Quote:
If not, how easy is it to change the aero extensions bars?

Replacing the bars is discussed earlier in this thread where Damon said: "Cervelo-3T Aduro accepts all 3T (and most any 22.2mm) extensions."
Last edited by: matto: Sep 8, 12 17:37
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right on, matto.

In addition, because the extensions are mounted in collets that extend forward from the base bar, many folks have a hard time getting S-bends close enough. Try or measure them before you commit.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:
Right on, matto.

In addition, because the extensions are mounted in collets that extend forward from the base bar, many folks have a hard time getting S-bends close enough. Try or measure them before you commit.

Cheers,

I was thinking of exactly that issue the other day. Do you have the reach measurement to the end of the collets (i.e. the closest you can get any extension bend to the steerer) as it doesn't seem to be in the white paper and 3T so far hasn't got anything about the Aduro on their page yet?

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon, this one goes back to my question on the Di2 shifters on the brake levers. I understand this is not compatible with the Magura brakes. If you go with standard Dura-Ace brakes, what would be the effect on aerodynamics? Would the brakes be "covered up" on the P5-6 model just like the Magura brakes, creating the same profile to the wind?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok I pulled the trigger on the P5 and should have it next week :)

I do have one question, I have Rotor 3d cranks with a quarq on my P4 will I be able to adapt them to work with BBright on the P5?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. Use the same Rotor 46/24mm Bottom Bracket that you would use for Shimano cranks. Available through any Cervélo retailer.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi MTM,

Finally got a chance to measure one. In the low configuration, I measured about 21.5cm from the plane of the front of the collet to the center of the steerer tube at the top of the stem opening.

The High-V configuration places the collet directly vertically above that, so naturally if you measure horizontally back to the center of the steerer axis at that higher height it would be longer. Hope you understand what I'm describing! :-)

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [goodacre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi goodacre,

A Dura-Ace front brake fits fine on either P5 fork, but doesn't fit under the Magura cover. So the aero comparison should be similar to the data on page 30 in the P5 White Paper,
http://cervelo.com/...f-39946cd71205-0.pdf .

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply

Prev Next