Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Dark Speed Works
Quote | Reply
Shout out to Dark Speed Works. I just received and installed the Speedpack 480 and love the fit and quality. It fits perfectly behind the stem, is plenty secure and best of all... no more taping gel to my top tube or stuffing my inhaler and keys in my jersey. Keep up the great work DSW - hope you have more products in development (maybe a stylin' behind the seat pack for spare tube/CO2 cartridges so i don't have to use a water bottle).
Quote Reply
Re: Dark Speed Works [sdbanker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. I love mine. I got one about 2 weeks ago. There isn't a better storage unit for the Speed Concept.
Last edited by: SpeedRacer1: Aug 20, 12 19:43
Quote Reply
Re: Dark Speed Works [SpeedRacer1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SpeedRacer1 wrote:
I agree. I love mine. I got one about 2 weeks ago. There isn't a better storage unit for the Speed Concept.

That is a beautiful setup!

"Sometimes you got to learn to hurt"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have an xlab XL bag and was thinking of changing to dsw purely because he xlab gets chockers with a glucometer, gels, phone etc....anyone have a comparo of the 480 vs xlab by chance in terms of size?
Quote Reply
Re: Dark Speed Works [peewee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I appreciate that.
Quote Reply
Re: Dark Speed Works [SpeedRacer1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought like 7 of these last Christmas and gave them to my Tri buddies they all lovem!! I have one on my tri bike and on my roadie as well as on the Mrs bike too.
Quote Reply
Re: Dark Speed Works [thePharaoh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an Xlab one on my Cervelo which I like ...I do wish it was a little bigger....I have the middle size one (not sure the name) but know they make a bigger one...able to fit a tube, 2 co2 and levers in mine....and a gel if I cram it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sdbanker wrote:
Shout out to Dark Speed Works. I just received and installed the Speedpack 480 and love the fit and quality. It fits perfectly behind the stem, is plenty secure and best of all... no more taping gel to my top tube or stuffing my inhaler and keys in my jersey. Keep up the great work DSW - hope you have more products in development (maybe a stylin' behind the seat pack for spare tube/CO2 cartridges so i don't have to use a water bottle).

Thanks very much for the feedback. I can't say too much yet about new products, but you can rest assured that we're not just sitting back and resting on our laurels. So, more things are coming.

As to what features these new products might have, well, we don't make anything unless we can make a highly functional product that is radically different than anything that has come before.

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Aug 21, 12 8:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That, my friend, is a great looking bike!
Quote Reply
Re: Dark Speed Works [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thoughts for a speedpack for the Fuji D6?

Thanks.

-Stephen in Arkansas
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one on my Shiv and it is great! Used it all season for training and have absolutely no complaints, great product
Quote Reply
Re: Dark Speed Works [Strautins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree. I loved mine so much on my tri bike, I recently got another for my mtn bike.

Great product.
Quote Reply
Re: Dark Speed Works [razorbacksteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
razorbacksteve wrote:
Thoughts for a speedpack for the Fuji D6?

Thanks.

For the D6 and its top tube cabling arrangement, the Speedpack 483 is the best and most aero fit. To get one, just go here to get on our list. FYI, we are making them continuously, but our waiting list gets longer at about the same speed that we're making them Smile. But the ordering wait isn't too bad, for most people, it's only about a week (plus/minus a few days).

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what do you recommend for the P2C?
Quote Reply
Re: Dark Speed Works [denali2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
denali2001 wrote:
what do you recommend for the P2C?

For the P2, P3, and most any standard road or tri bike with a traditional stem, the Speedpack 480 is the most aero and effective pack.

But if you run your stem super low with zero or just one narrow spacer below (or above) your stem, then you probably want the 483, as there is no good place to smoothly run the front straps of the 480 (the 483 does not have front straps).

Or, as well, if your bike has a traditional stem but has top tube entry aero cabling, then you'll also likely want the 483. The cabling kind of 'blocks' the 480 from getting nice and close to your stem. But the 483 can mount anywhere on your top tube, so it can sit behind the cabling.

We have quite a few bike pics with both packs mounted on our facebook page, please take a look at this photo album to get a better feel for the way the various Speedpacks mount.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a shot of the 480 mounted on my Scott. Stem is as low as possible with no spacers. I did trim off the top strap of the two front straps and then wrapped the bottom loosely around the stem/head tube junction. This is on a road bike converted to tri-bars so the head tube is taller than most tri specific frames and the 483 would be better as Greg stated.

As for storage, I just did a ride and had my iPhone (in a Otterbox commuter case), a gel, my hotel room key, and a short inhaler stuffed into the tail end of the pack. Without the iPhone, i could easily have fit several gels, car keys, granola bar, etc.

I would highly recommend Dark Speed Works.

Quote Reply
Re: Dark Speed Works [thePharaoh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thePharaoh wrote:
I bought like 7 of these last Christmas and gave them to my Tri buddies they all lovem!! I have one on my tri bike and on my roadie as well as on the Mrs bike too.

It's august now... I'm hoping we can become tri buddies before christmas 2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
100% agree, I love mine and I think I have sold several of my buddies on them once they saw mine. Great job guys!

"slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
Quote Reply
Re: Dark Speed Works [wareagledusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got mine a few weeks back just before a century ride. I have the 483 and love it! I got a few questions about it from the roadies.
I do wish it was slightly bigger, but I love the look.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did something like that too. Trimmed off the upper of the two front straps, the bottom just fits going around a slammed stem. Also took off the middle of the 3 lower straps as it seemed unnecessary. Love this pack. If I can't fit enough food for a century in here, then I'm doing it wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was trying all morning to remember the name of this company and here it is on ST! Ordering one for my P2 now!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like a great fit. With the slight extension of the head tube on your Scott, the Speedpack mods you made are perfect for your set up (low stem, no spacers). We actually designed the Speedpack 480 with more straps than absolutely needed because trimming off an extra strap is easy. And some bikes have unusual frame and head tube shapes so having that customization option is really helpful for some athletes.

Best of luck with the Speedpack and your tri season.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love mine. About to put it to the test on sunday.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
peewee wrote:
SpeedRacer1 wrote:

Where did you get your bartape from?

That is a beautiful setup!
Quote Reply
Re: Dark Speed Works [undertheradar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, that is a sweet ride. I love the black crank with the deep black wheels. Very nice.
Quote Reply

Prev Next