Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stossel steps up to the plate, channels his inner Barry Bonds and crushes one out of the park.
Quote | Reply
Who should decide what you can eat: you? Or the state?...

It is no coincidence that the push for more food regulation came at a time when Congress obsessed about the rising cost of medical care.
When government pays for your health care, it will inevitably be drawn into regulating your personal life. First, politicians promise to pay. Then, they propose to control you.
Where does it stop? If we must control diet to balance the government's budget, will the health squad next ban skydiving and extramarital sex? How about another try at Prohibition?
But was about reasonable-sounding policies like forcing businesses to post calorie counts?

Often the Food Police strike an innocent pose, claiming that they just want to give people information. Information is good. But it's not free. Mandated calorie signs in restaurants cost money. Those costs are passed on to consumers, and the endless parade of calorie counts and warning labels make us numb to more important warnings - like, "This Coffee Is Scalding Hot."
It's not as if dietary information isn't already available. Health and diet websites abound. Talk shows routinely discuss the latest books on diet and nutrition. TV diet gurus are celebrities. That's enough. We have information. We don't need government force.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/...12/04/25/food-police

http://www.creators.com/...assault-on-food.html

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Last edited by: Rodred: Apr 26, 12 14:05
Quote Reply
Re: Stossel steps up to the plate, channels his inner Barry Bonds and crushes one out of the park. [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the ultimate consequence of Gov't healthcare I have been warning people about for years. Wait until they start witholding care for people who engage in certain politically unpopular behavior.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Stossel steps up to the plate, channels his inner Barry Bonds and crushes one out of the park. [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who bothers with food anymore?

I live on sunshine.
Quote Reply
Re: Stossel steps up to the plate, channels his inner Barry Bonds and crushes one out of the park. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the ultimate consequence of Gov't healthcare

This is the consequence of government guaranteeing any outcome on anything. Education to healthcare, roads to bridges. If the government says "We will provide "X" outcome" then in order to do so they must control the variables with in the system that is providing that outcome.
This is true of any system. If you don't control the variables you can't guarantee an outcome.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought this thread was going to be about buttery crumb topping.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streusel

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Stossel steps up to the plate, channels his inner Barry Bonds and crushes one out of the park. [nhunter344] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since it is now deadly to live on sunshine alone, the gov't will require us to where these!...

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I should start piling up a secret stash of twinkies for when the govt takes them out of the market.
Last edited by: Miguelon: Apr 26, 12 15:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This reminds me of the South Park episode where they banned Fried Chicken and the kids were trafficking fried chicken. Sounds ridiculous, but yet not far fetched.
Quote Reply
Re: Stossel steps up to the plate, channels his inner Barry Bonds and crushes one out of the park. [nhunter344] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nhunter344 wrote:

I live on sunshine.

*snort*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nhunter344 wrote:

I live on sunshine.

What, no rainbow supplements?

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Re: Stossel steps up to the plate, channels his inner Barry Bonds and crushes one out of the park. [Miguelon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I should start piling up a secret stash of twinkies for when the govt takes them out of the market.

The fact of the matter is that there is a decent amount of products that are not what they used to be. Although they have not been directly pulled from the market they are now meeting various regulations that just don't make them as tasty as they used to be :-)

~Matt

Quote Reply
Re: Stossel steps up to the plate, channels his inner Barry Bonds and crushes one out of the park. [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know that, but a lot of people have to have it spelled out for them in terms they can understand or relate to. Some still go kicking and screaming. Like people receiving section 8 vouchers who think their home belongs to them or resist any rules placed on them. When you forfeit personal responsibility you are subject to the rules and penalties that come with the handout. Plain and simple. Enough people taking handouts mean those of us who didn't forfeit personal responsibility are that much more burdened, and our choices lessened.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Stossel steps up to the plate, channels his inner Barry Bonds and crushes one out of the park. [chainpin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chainpin wrote:
nhunter344 wrote:

I live on sunshine.

Since the FDA banned rainbow supplements Ive had to substitute by snorting powdered unicorn horn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nhunter344 wrote:
chainpin wrote:
nhunter344 wrote:

I live on sunshine.

Since the FDA banned rainbow supplements Ive had to substitute by snorting powdered unicorn horn.

Oh, you can mix that with some pixie dust into with a glass full of whale tears and it becomes even more delicious.
Quote Reply
Re: Stossel steps up to the plate, channels his inner Barry Bonds and crushes one out of the park. [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Add unicorn farts and you can power the world.

~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stossel is on steroids?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Stossel steps up to the plate, channels his inner Barry Bonds and crushes one out of the park. [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes but they didnt come from the government

~
Quote Reply